Morgan Stanley Reviews
78% would recommend to a friend
(15184 total reviews)
James P. Gorman
86% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Morgan Stanley
Got a burning question about Morgan Stanley? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Morgan Stanley employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Morgan Stanley employs some great people that are excellent to have in your personal network." (in 1482 reviews)
- "The culture was great and I loved how there are different groups/clubs that you can join for your interests and network with other professionals" (in 1152 reviews)
- "Some good benefits like you can have 16 weeks paternity leave and well being leaves no matter how long you served the company." (in 813 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good but ebbs and flows with the times and profit margins." (in 711 reviews)
- "Good pay and very flexible with where you work from due to the pandemic" (in 533 reviews)
- "Long hours and requires you to be glued to your desk for most of the day" (in 620 reviews)
- "Management at the branch level is poor" (in 416 reviews)
- "Long and late working hours" (in 288 reviews)
- "Managers don't care about your physical or mental health" (in 225 reviews)
- "Low compensation compared to GS and JPM" (in 181 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Morgan Stanley and is not affected by filters.
Found 15,184 of over 19K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 2, 2023AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
High quality team members and healthy competitive environment.
Large corporation bureaucracy but to be expected.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
It’s a collegial fast paced environment where good people stay and sharp people get promoted.
Politics is particularly important for longevity and career advancement
Morgan Stanley Reviews FAQs
Morgan Stanley has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 18,611 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Morgan Stanley to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Morgan Stanley employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morgan Stanley 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.