Found 15,184 of over 19K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Morgan Stanley employs some great people that are excellent to have in your personal network." (in 1482 reviews)
- "The culture was great and I loved how there are different groups/clubs that you can join for your interests and network with other professionals" (in 1152 reviews)
- "Some good benefits like you can have 16 weeks paternity leave and well being leaves no matter how long you served the company." (in 813 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good but ebbs and flows with the times and profit margins." (in 711 reviews)
- "Good pay and very flexible with where you work from due to the pandemic" (in 533 reviews)
- "Long hours and requires you to be glued to your desk for most of the day" (in 620 reviews)
- "Management at the branch level is poor" (in 416 reviews)
- "Long and late working hours" (in 288 reviews)
- "Managers don't care about your physical or mental health" (in 225 reviews)
- "Low compensation compared to GS and JPM" (in 181 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Morgan Stanley and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Dec 6, 2023Senior Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
very good atmosphere. diversity, lots of training
the job may not very interested
- 4.0Dec 6, 2023Mutual Fund RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
I loved the people I worked with, and learned a lot of valuable skills.
We were severely underpaid and felt like it was difficult to receive recognition from higher ups.
- 5.0Dec 6, 2023Equity AnalystFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
On the whole, the company was great. It makes an effort to have an inclusive and diverse culture. It's also more open-minded in terms of hiring than many other banks. I was able to join without much prior finance experience.
Long hours and some bosses can be unreasonable.
- 1.0Dec 6, 2023Product ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
None, this was the worst place I ever worked.
Management is completely irrational and insane. They have no lives and married to work. They do not care about you, your growth or your mental health.
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Wealth Management Operations AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Coworkers, work life balance, and experience
Low pay, rigid promotion structure
Morgan Stanley Reviews FAQs
Morgan Stanley has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 18,611 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Morgan Stanley to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
78% of Morgan Stanley employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morgan Stanley 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.