KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Morgan and Morgan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Mar 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, company culture was great,

Cons

Each office has their own dynamic so can’t speak for everywhere, no WFH currently

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Positive

Jun 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, ample opportunities for growth

Cons

N / A - good place to work

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth the headache

Jun 21, 2022 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

CM can sort of set own schedule Decent bonus schedule

Cons

Tons of workplace drama HR is impossible to contact and extremely rude when they do High turnover rate so constant caseload changes Computers never work and spend hours sitting doing nothing Side note - the entire company worked from home for months during COVID but not it is only permitted for firm favorites even during family emergencies and current COVID case.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to start but not finish

Jun 28, 2022 - Litigation Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job stability, autonomy, nice co-workers, incentives,

Cons

data driven not client driven, unethical practices, does not value growth and progression

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sweat Shop

May 21, 2022 - Legal Assistant in Tallahassee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The main pro to this job is that after you put in a good year, you can pretty much leverage your experience with the firm at any interview. It's a good way to get your foot in the door because the turn over rate is insane.

Cons

Everything. When I realized I was getting paid a dollar more than Racetrack workers, handling legal documents and filing with the court, I knew this job was ridiculous. Do NOT stay here. Your work ethic will not be recognized or compensated. The higher ups see the turn over rate and don't even bat an eye. When you have 8 people quit in just a month time span is when you need to evaluate and recognize you can not overwork people for such little pay.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing crew!

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best reasons to join the company is the experience and talent you achieve through collaborative hard work and dedication.

Cons

The fast-paced environment commands one to be flexible and hands-on at all times.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Review

Jun 15, 2022 - Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and work life balance

Cons

Not enough management support for stuff

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay but not great

Jun 5, 2022 - Litigation Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Good for resume

Cons

Benefits start at 90 days Pto is insufficient Attorneys don't care about staff Revolving door of new people

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Morgan & Morgan

Jun 2, 2022 - Case Screening
    Business Outlook

Pros

Available flex time, multiple schedules to allow for best fit for you and your family

Cons

Often understaffed making it difficult to provide the quality of service that they expect, limited advancement options, low pay for the type of work

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unless You are In FL, Work Anywhere Else!

Jun 9, 2022 - Attorney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great knowledge base from real legends like Keith Mitnik, Rick Block, Matt Morgan…There are great up-and-comers like Derrick Connell, Grant Gillenwater, Kelli Lester, and Danielle Blandford who are all studs. The Florida team and some another attorneys throughout the firm, like the non-FL ones above, actually want to try cases and change current settlement culture. Cutting edge electronic system. It has its problems but it is an overall good system.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance. Terrible staffing. Terrible team environment. It is a pool of piranha pretending to be a school salmon. My regional manager was garbage. Always wanted to share in success but never shouldered any blame. Don’t expect him to ever roll up his sleeves to help. He is only there for the glory. He would throw you under the bus in a heart beat but would only stand by your side when you are getting a trophy. Not one big family like they will preach. Extreme and heartbreaking favoritism. FL is one big family. I have seen other parts of the firm and I can promise there is a cancer that I hope never grows back to FL. Drama. Lies straight to your face. I still have not been paid money I am owed for settling cases. But, I am just going to move on to being happier in my new job. You better act like your region is the best ever and don’t think of stepping out of line. Drink the Kool Aide when it is given to you. I reached out to the FL network because that is where all the biggest success comes from. Got yelled at by the regional managing attorney for going outside our “network.” I was told we had attorneys just as good as them where we are, and that it makes him look bad if I am asking FL people for better ways to do it. However, NOBODY in my region was trying and hitting cases like FL. If you say you want to learn from FL, one of two things will happen: 1) the case will be taken from you for “a more experienced ‘head of department’ to take the lead,” or 2) you will have to jump through a bunch hoops to keep your cases, after groveling. You will have your staff taken away. You will be made an outsider. JUST RUN FROM THIS PLACE. Why do you think it has a steadily sinking 2.9, EMPLOYEE generated rating? Just go anywhere else. I was recruited away from a job where I was very successful and I left for another company where I immediately began seeing lots of success, again. Only recently left and I am already, again, making more money than I made at Morgan & Morgan. I am also happy, again. I feel successful, again. I am successful, again. This job was killing my reputation as a lawyer. I had zero support staff for most of my time here. I had six figure cases taken away from me and reassigned to other people. I took two potentially seven figure cases with me and have already resolved them for great payouts. When I left, they were trying to reassign the cases to someone else. Our talked trash about Florida ALLLLL the time. It got old real fast. Florida is where game changing happened. It is where the things that put the firm on the map started but regional managers think a territory is HIS OR HER firm. Act like they are queen-bee but do not have any resume to back it up. Very alienated but will deny that if ever called out. Wish I had not deleted texts threads where crap was so horribly talked about FL. Just got tired of it and tried to erase the negativity. Promised the moon and stars to leave a very good, successful, and comfortable job. Nothing actually given to back up the promises. ONE day of sitting watching a case manager work and then being told I would figure out the system as I go, with no more training on protocols. Had an employee wait until 7 months after hired to be properly trained. Then that employee was reassigned to someone else and I went another 8 months with no support staff. Worked almost two years with ZERO support staff. Had not seen my “boss” since about 6 months into my time with the company. Only heard from him when I was getting crappy emails about needing to make more money. He did not know how many cases I had and claimed not to know about staffing issues. He was total garbage as a leader. Never asked what he could do to help. Never would take an active role with you advancing in the company. Never will check in you. John Morgan and his family, and the attorneys above are examples of people in the firm who are the truth. They are the real deal. However, their passion is churning within a sea of mediocrity and lack of direction. Too many others riding on their coattails, kissing their backsides, with the bottom feeders getting promoted to positions they have no resume to prove they should have been appointed. Maybe because it is too big and disease is sometimes too hard to spot until it is terminal. I hope not, because John Morgan really does want to achieve great results for everyone. However, his company is broken and cannot be fixed without some serious house cleaning. Go practice law with anyone else, unless you are in Florida. Otherwise, this firm is a career and life killer.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 603 Reviews

Morgan and Morgan Reviews FAQs

Morgan and Morgan has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 609 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Morgan and Morgan to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Morgan and Morgan employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Morgan and Morgan. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

43% of Morgan and Morgan employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morgan and Morgan 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Morgan and Morgan to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Morgan and Morgan Job Seekers