Morgan and Morgan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Morgan and Morgan Founder John Morgan
John Morgan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A fast paced work environment filled with gifted legal minds all working together to better serve clients" (in 28 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, okay health benefits and 401k, frequent happy hours, free lunches or breakfasts" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons to share from the company" (in 18 reviews)

• "not enough pre suits per case managers" (in 9 reviews)

"Pre suit secretary"

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time

Pros

Great job, good perks, fun work place, room for advancement

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "DO NOT WORK IN SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY"

Current Employee - Social Security Case Developer
    Current Employee - Social Security Case Developer

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

So many cons to working in SS Disability for Morgan & Morgan. Overall Social Security is terrible. Office is separate from main office in DT Orlando- we are like the Harry Potter of the firm; forgotten about by the rest of the firm and members of the same department in outter offices throughout the U.S. This job is already stressful enough dealing with clients taking out everything on you, using the companies tag line against you- "Well, I guess you're really not for the people..." Too many cliques, too much anamosity toward other coworkers, not enough advancement opportunities within SS and forget about moving from SS to another area within M&M. We are treated like children, scolded often. Overall the environment is too stressful and NOT WORTH THE PAY. If I enjoyed working in SS I can go to another firm to do the exact same position and make $10k more a year than what I make. Very low pay in SS. Overall benefits are garbage, health and vision are pretty good but dental is crap. Humana is garbage as they only pay a MAX of $1,000 of dental services needed.

Overall maybe other departments downtown are different but SS is not worth the crappy pay and health issues that come from the stress of this dungeon.

Advice to Management

Hire more men to work in SS, too many cliques in this department full of women, that at times, becomes a blood bath of attitude. Pay your people a fair wage! Some of us commute to work and $13.00 an hour is not enough to live on when you're spending almost $300 MONTHLY just to travel to this hell hole. Offer more recognition to employees- again this department is seriously stressful so the occasional "hey, how you doing?" or "hey, good job" can really make someones day.

Parties, it would be nice to have a fancy sit down dinner for holidays instead of random happy hours held on Thursdays because it's cheaper to do that....

Overall, treat us like we matter and that we're people not that we're expendable and you can replace us at any minute because it shows...

3. "Handling high volume calls from potential,and current, clients. Conducting free consultations."

Current Employee - Intake Specialist
    Current Employee - Intake Specialist

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenient to I-4, plenty of parking, so-so benefits offered, nice co-workers.free coffee.

Cons

High pressured,high stress, low moral, low pay, low respect for employees. Benefits offered are so-so,and the cost is tough to afford on their low call center pay rate. Many co-workers are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Try treating your employees as important to the ongoing success of the Law Firm, as they are. Hire professionals to fix your broken training program...it's really pathetic! Be true to "For the People", and include your employees, who are the core of your success. They work so very hard, for so little in return.

4. "Great Work Culture"

Current Employee - Attorney in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Attorney in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The attorneys are highly skilled

Cons

Pay not competitive with industry standards based on attorney experience

5. "Underpaid compared to local and national average - go elsewhere"

Former Employee - Social Security Intake Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Social Security Intake Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Morgan and Morgan (More than a year)

Pros

Paid Holidays
    Work-life balance (9-5 Schedule )

Cons

I worked as an intake for over a year; which is an achievement within itself considering the only remaining people from my training period of about ten was two. The turn over rate is abnormally high for this position.

You are paid to do consultations for potential clients seeking disability. However, you are receiving incoming calls that are meant to address a wide range of scenarios. A great majority of your time in this position is conflict resolution for conflicts your department did not create.

Prior management made you raise your hand if you wanted to use the bathroom, raise your hand when you wanted to go to lunch. It is important to note that while you are raising your hand your phone was required to be on. Meaning at any moment your window for lunch could be taken away for a phone call that could take anywhere from five minutes to an hour to depending on what that potential client or client needed.

I fully believe that anyone that can survive this position for a year and a half can handle any position related to customer assessments, not to mention the average call center worker wage is $16 an hour while this location was offering $11 to handle more than just a potential client assessment.

My friend had a position doing the exact same was getting paid $20 to work from home. In addition, she didn't have to raise her hand to go to lunch!

The interview took less than five minutes.

Advice to Management

If you notice someone has a college degree and applies upon graduation and they applied under the illusion this job was to actually work in a law firm let them know they are not working in actual law firm setting. The position didn't really explain what it was for and entailed.

6. "Pros out way the Cons... Most of the time"

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Attorneys in my department are great to work with. They really make you feel you are working alongside them for our clients.

Cons

Manager does not give precise direction and does not lists what is expected of each role within the department. They expect paralegals to manage the work flow of the assistants. Please look up the definition of a paralegal.... Thats not what paralegals are for.

Advice to Management

Give clear direction.
    Provide expectations for each position within the department. Do not assume someone else is taking on a task that should clearly belong to a managing role.

"THE WORST PLACE TO WORK AT"

Former Employee - Intake Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intake Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Morgan and Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing, very unprofessional. They suck.

Cons

Everything, the pay sucks, management sucks, they only care about the employees at Marketing. Very unorganized. John Morgan visited the office once and look at us with disgust.

8. "Working for Morgan and Morgan"

Pros

Fun people to work with!

Cons

Not really any cons honestly!

"Litigation Attorney"

Pros

Opportunity to make money. If your case managers do a good job settling cases, without having to run up expenses going to Court, you will make a lot of money.

Cons

All that matters is money. No value given regarding ethics, what is best for client or trial skills. An injured party is seen as a commodity.

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality legal work. Don’t let case managers practice law. Be more than a marketing firm.

10. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time

Pros

Always learning something new
    Co-workers are very helpful

Cons

Not the best training program