MorganFranklin Consulting Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

MorganFranklin Consulting Manager Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

4.1
MorganFranklin Consulting CEO Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
  1. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and openness. Leadership supports their people.

Cons

Firm direction can be fuzzy sometimes.

Advice to Management

Greatly enjoy working here.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-09-09

September 19, 2019HR Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you are happy here and enjoying some of the things that makes our culture so great! In terms of firm direction, with MorganFranklin being acquired by Vaco Holdings, LLC in July, there is huge potential for significant growth. We become the global consulting platform of Vaco, and we will run alongside each other to deliver an end-to-end business solution for our clients. This creates significant opportunities for new professional challenges and career advancement for our people. The strategic direction the firm rolled out a year or two ago is still in play, and in fact we believe the Vaco acquisition will propel us forward on that same trajectory. And our mission and values remain firmly grounded. We will continue serving our clients, developing our people, and executing our growth strategy. We are working hard to be as transparent as possible during this new relationship and encourage you to come to HR with any questions. As you noted, we do have an open door policy, so I encourage you to keep us posted on your experience at MorganFranklin and share any suggestions you may have to make us even better.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A consulting firm that truly values its people and culture. I have worked at other consulting firms where leaderships motivates by fear and intimidation. This is NOT the case at MFC. Employees have a say in the types of projects they work on and there is no pressure to take on work not suited for one's skill set.

Cons

Pay is slightly below average.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to value your employees and the company will prosper. Also, baseline pay is slightly below average. Think about increasing base salaries slightly.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-07-17

July 22, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we offer competitive compensation and premium benefits. We do have a pay-for-performance culture, so be sure you are taking full advantage of the various ways to increase your compensation. I encourage you to review the Compensation portal page, and also reach out HR with any specific or questions about your total rewards package. Our goal is to ensure you are well and fairly paid, feel recognized and valued, and continue to enjoy your experience at MorganFranklin.

3. "RUN"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

There were some good people I would like to work with again.

Cons

Just go somewhere else. Scroll through the other negative reviews and notice how HR tries to minimize the feedback. Imagine that, but all day, every day.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-08-09

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We are sorry that you determined in such a short period that we were not a fit for you. The needs of our people are of great concern to us, and while our culture is not right for everyone, we wish we could have had the opportunity to talk openly with you in an effort to resolve your issues. We hope you find an opportunity that better suits your needs.

4. "Senior Manager - Accounting & Transaction Services"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great access to firm leadership. Capabilities across various areas of interest to CFOs, CIOs, and their departments. Business development bonuses and the ESOP! Flexibility to work from home when presence at a client site is not expected.

Cons

The performance review cycle is annual, which is not frequent enough.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-10-09

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At MorganFranklin we are proud to offer the best of a small and large consulting firm under one roof, and one of those perks is the access to senior leadership. Like many companies, we have evolved our performance evaluation process toward monthly coaching conversations culminating in an annual performance and compensation review. It sounds as though you and your Coach have not been meeting each month, and we want to correct that. Please reach out so that HR can assist you. Also, note that we have just launched a cutting-edge performance management tool which will provide better tracking and transparency to our processes. Please contact HR with any other ideas or feedback. We appreciate your input and are dedicated to continuous improvement.

5. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Orientation was fantastic and follow-up support was even better. Nice people to work with.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives so far.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-01-18

March 5, 2018Manager, HR Business Partner

Welcome to MFC and thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to deliver a robust and informative onboarding experience to ensure our new hires have a seamless transition into the company and to set them up for success immediately. We believe the onboarding process extends far beyond an employee’s first day, so we have formal touch points and connection opportunities through an employee’s first 90 days, and throughout the first year of employment. Employees are encouraged to reach out regularly through a wide variety of avenues with any questions or recommendations that will help us ensure they continue to have a rewarding employee experience, regardless of their location across the country. Thanks again for taking the time to share feedback. We are so glad you are a part of our family!

6. "Good Company"

Manager

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing and hungry organization that gives you lots of personal responsibility. Will give any young consultant coming from a B4 firm, a more well rounded consulting experience.

Cons

If you do good work for a client, you might end up being with that client forever.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-01-08

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Your feedback is appreciated. We strive to understand our employees aspirations and provide growth opportunities. When a client values one of our talented staff, they sometimes don't want let go. Please come to HR if you are feeling stuck at a client. We will work to find a balance between taking care of our client and also ensuring that you are afforded the opportunities you need to broaden your experience.

7. "Overall good place to work"

Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent clients, nice work life balance.

Cons

Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail.

Advice to Management

Improve on communication to employees.

MorganFranklin Consulting2016-12-29

August 7, 2017Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't agree more that our employees and clients are great, and we are glad that you are taking advantage of our core hours/flex policy—these are some of the things that make MorganFranklin a different and wonderful place to work! We did initiate some internal changes in our organization last fall—being nimble enough to evolve our organization appropriately is an important part of staying healthy and growing. While change is not always embraced with open arms and the short-term ripples can sometimes be challenging, we know that the changes have had a positive impact on the mid- and long-term success of MorganFranklin. We are committed to communicating and being as transparent as possible to our employees. While we utilize a variety of communication vehicles—our Owners’ Quarterly Update meetings, direct communications from leadership, our employee engagement group, our monthly employee newsletter, team and solution meetings, among others—we are always looking for new and better ways to communicate. Additionally, we always encourage our employees to make the most of our open door policy and seek conversation with leadership and/or HR as desired. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so glad you are a part of our family, and we look forward to ensuring that you continue to have a great employee experience!

8. "Senior Manager, Technology Risk & Compliance"

Senior Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Ability to be considered a valued member and be involved in business decisions.

Cons

Continue to keep employees involved and engaged.

MorganFranklin Consulting2016-05-20

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

We are so pleased you are enjoying your experience at MFC, and that you are getting involved in business decisions. As an employee-owned firm, we encourage our employees to be an active voice in the evolution of our growing business. That includes career growth and advancement, as well as helping us better the firm for employees and for our clients. We will definitely continue to keep employees involved, and we look forward to your continued energies and inputs.

"Great choice for former Big 4!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

I have more work/life balance now than I did when I was a Big 4 auditor. There is also a good variety of projects, as opposed to doing basically the same thing every year. Management keeps the employees informed and reaches out for their input, for example on some decisions around the recent move to a new office.

Cons

There are limited learning opportunities for entry-level staff. Because we are mostly at client sites, there is not really a cohesive culture. We are also divided along solution lines, with each solution having its own practices and environment.

Advice to Management

I wish our Managing Directors would show up at client sites and be more involved in service delivery, so that we could learn from them.

MorganFranklin Consulting2016-05-05

May 16, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review! We are pleased that you know our management team cares about your feedback. We are able to make better, more impactful business decisions with our employee’s input. As an example, we’ve listened to our employees' request for more training opportunities. The company has invested heavily in our learning and development program over the past year. Our business leaders and HR are working closely to develop customized training solutions for all staff, including our less experienced team members. We understand that your presence at the client site is required to provide best-in-class delivery and it can sometimes be challenging to feel connected at the MFC office. In response, we offer so many events to connect employees with leadership and peers within Solutions and across the firm, and many corporate avenues for you to get involved, from our Employee Engagement Committee to our Diversity & Inclusion Initiative to our Veterans Initiative to CSR events to MFC Soccer and Basketball teams--the list goes on. Have you reached out to HR for some guidance? We would be so pleased to connect you to with a group or event in line with your interests and aspirations. We also hope you make the most of our open door policy–a strong relationship with your MD, other leaders and HR is critical to helping us ensure you continue to have a rewarding employee experience. We are happy to have you as part of our team.

10. "Great Next Step!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to continue growing your career. MFC provides you with the opportunities and support to personally define your career. Many of the perks of a big four firm but with a more personal working environment.

Cons

Smaller company, so it doesn't have as many of the engagement opportunities as a big four, but still has a breadth of opportunities that would allow you to grow and develop.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in coaching and training.

MorganFranklin Consulting2016-05-09

June 10, 2016Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our culture is defined by our creative, adaptive and nimble approach to client service and the employee experience. Our employees are professionals with backgrounds in government, Big Four accounting and global consulting who joined MFC to make an impact in an entrepreneurial culture with the support of a larger firm. I am so glad that you are experiencing our "Own Your Career" culture and the personalized approach available here. Please take advantage of the resources we offer via HR as well as via your management team to attain the opportunities and feedback you desire to continue to grow your career. Our leadership is not only committed to offering our employees large company benefits and perks, but we offer additional ways to care for our employees. One major differentiator is that we are a 100% employee-owned firm. This means that our employees have a personal stake in MFC and can have direct impact on the value of their stake. We do have many opportunities to challenge and grow our employees with top notch projects. Our client list is impressive and our project teams are made up of experienced talent and are often representative of all of our solution groups, providing the opportunity for on-the-job, cross-solution learning and knowledge transfer. In addition to invaluable on-the-job experience, please take advantage of our Learning & Development program and our mentoring opportunities. Stop by HR to discuss your development needs. We have a variety of resources for you to leverage, and we look forward to helping you map out a plan to reach your goals.

Found 29 reviews