MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

McLean, VA

4.3
Christopher Mann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people, work life balance and office (in 11 reviews)

• Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The senior management to staff ratio was very low (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management only cares about themselves (in 5 reviews)

1. "A really great place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Morgan Franklin for a couple of weeks and I'm really happy to be here. The company culture is great, employees in the HQ office are extremely helpful and efficient, emails get answered in minutes, IT tickets are done immediately, the payroll team is great, recruiting team is off the charts, the directors are approachable and fair... basically everyone here is hardworking, there is a lot of flexibility when it comes to work hours, so far a good work/life balance, managers and directors are there for you, you really end up feeling like a part of the team and a good team at that. There is really good potential to grow, there is a clear cut pathway which you can keep going upward and if you work hard and are dedicated there shouldn't be a reason not to excel.

Cons

Training schedule isn't set in place, you kind of have to learn as you go.

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin is a great place to work because they always put people first. I feel valued as an employee because I (like everyone else) am put on projects where I will grow as a person and a consultant. I also feel that we have provided value to our clients through strong teamwork.

Cons

As with most consulting companies, the travel can be difficult at first but MorganFranklin does a good job of balancing work and life. We have many local clients that serve as a nice break from the out of state travel that can be tiring.

Jun 30, 2017 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so delighted that you have gained valuable career experience that has helped you develop both personally and professionally... More

"Just another consulting firm"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place for a young person to start a career.

Cons

You can easily stagnate jumping from one contract to another. Not a place I ever intended to stay and retire in.

Advice to Management

Look into getting into other areas besides the federal government.

Jul 26, 2017 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your honest feedback. While we agree that MorganFranklin is a great place for a professional to start his or her career, one of our key strengths is our experienced project teams... More

"Very high attrition rate"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, nice building and facilities.

Cons

Very top-heavy (the amount of senior managers is ridiculous), little to no lower-level staff, limited pipeline, everyone seems to be looking for a way to get out, so you never know if your superiors or colleagues will still be with the firm tomorrow. High attrition rate. Lots of behind the door gossip among top leadership.

Advice to Management

The CEO shouldn't be worshiped like he is; He isn't that important.
    Address attrition rates.
    Hire staff and not just senior managers and directors. The place is extremely top-heavy.

Aug 15, 2017 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy our new facilities--we put a lot of thought into designing a space that encourages collaboration among our employees. It seems as... More

5. "Overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent clients, nice work life balance.

Cons

Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail.

Advice to Management

Improve on communication to employees.

Aug 7, 2017 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't agree more that our employees and clients are great, and we are glad that you are taking advantage of our core hours/flex policy—these are some of the things... More

6. "MorganFranklin"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best consulting firm I've ever worked for. Management, coworkers, and all staff are respectful of each other. You will not get a better environment to develop and be apart of a company that is not only great but inspires you to come to work every day :-)

Cons

I no longer work there but would jump at the opportunity if our paths cross again :-)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the landscape around you (managers, staff, consultants, and clients). The MorganFranklin way of treating employees and clients will keep this company great :-)

Sep 14, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your MFC experience. Providing our employees with a respectful and inclusive culture is very important to us. We are fortunate to attract, recruit and... More

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Exposure, breadth, depth, small and nimble.

Cons

Compensation could improve, nothing else comes to mind.

Dec 23, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review. We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we are compensating our employees well in support of our talent attraction and retention goals. We are also a... More

8. "Up and Coming Company Perfect for MBA's Interested in Consulting"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Fully employee owned
    2. Good opportunity in non-federal space including financial services, consumer products, industrial, and retail.
    3. Employees are empowered to own their own career and take on new and interesting tasks
    4. Technology available to employees is top notch and fully integrated across platforms

Cons

1. Somewhat of a rushed orientation that led to information overload amongst myself and other new hires
    2. Training will be mostly on the job as opposed to more formalized at Big 4

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing. The company is in great shape and is moving forward quickly. Continue to develop orientation components tailored to those coming from industry and/or are new to consulting.

Aug 8, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be an employee-owned company, a rarity in the consulting industry. Plus we still offer a rich benefits program including 401(k) and match. We do... More

"Great choice for former Big 4!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have more work/life balance now than I did when I was a Big 4 auditor. There is also a good variety of projects, as opposed to doing basically the same thing every year.
    Management keeps the employees informed and reaches out for their input, for example on some decisions around the recent move to a new office.

Cons

There are limited learning opportunities for entry-level staff.
    Because we are mostly at client sites, there is not really a cohesive culture. We are also divided along solution lines, with each solution having its own practices and environment.

Advice to Management

I wish our Managing Directors would show up at client sites and be more involved in service delivery, so that we could learn from them.

May 16, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your review! We are pleased that you know our management team cares about your feedback. We are able to make better, more impactful business decisions with our employee’s input.

As an... More

10. "Great Next Step!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to continue growing your career. MFC provides you with the opportunities and support to personally define your career. Many of the perks of a big four firm but with a more personal working environment.

Cons

Smaller company, so it doesn't have as many of the engagement opportunities as a big four, but still has a breadth of opportunities that would allow you to grow and develop.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in coaching and training.

Jun 10, 2016 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our culture is defined by our creative, adaptive and nimble approach to client service and the employee experience. Our employees are professionals with backgrounds in... More