MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 9, 2018

4.2
Christopher Mann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here" (in 14 reviews)

• "Good benefits and open door policy if you want to discuss with the MDs if you are in the office" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support" (in 6 reviews)

• "That, combined with the lack of training and coaching, is a recipe for disaster and lack of motivation from personnel" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Senior Manager - Accounting & Transaction Services"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great access to firm leadership.
    Capabilities across various areas of interest to CFOs, CIOs, and their departments.
    Business development bonuses and the ESOP!
    Flexibility to work from home when presence at a client site is not expected.

Cons

The performance review cycle is annual, which is not frequent enough.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At MorganFranklin we are proud to offer the best of a small and large consulting firm under one roof, and one of those perks is the access to senior leadership. Like many... More

2. "New hire"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location in Tyson’s Corner
    Decent benefits for a smaller firm
    Growth in accounting and transaction services practice

Cons

Relentless focus on the market comes at the cost of developing and retaining talent. When I started with the firm, the senior consultant on my team had been working there for a year, with 0 experience in the subject matter related to projects he was working on and 0 coaching/training received. As a result, the quality of deliverables is sub-par. Definitely not the best place to start a career.
    Also, because of the focus on growing market share and revenue, leadership throws bodies on projects with little regard to personnel expertise and experience. That, combined with the lack of training and coaching, is a recipe for disaster and lack of motivation from personnel.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more attention to your people, they are your greatest asset!

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing these concerns. What you describe sounds like an extreme anomoly and one we want to correct. Part of our value proposition is exposing our employees new opportunities and... More

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

-Endless opportunities to grow and learn
    -Exposure to management (open-door culture)
    -Autonomy from top to bottom

Cons

-Management could do a better job addressing employee interests and goals
    -Coaching is vague and rather unregulated
    -Loyalty is not always rewarded

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for sharing. Access to leadership and trust in our employees are indeed important aspects of the employee experience at MFC. We continue to strengthen our continuous coaching construct, but we... More

4. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After years of stagnation, the company appears to be scaling. The question remains, at what cost?

Cons

There are too many managing directors that appear to have inherent biases against employees or prospective employees who are not from the east coast. Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support. Once an employee is hired they are on their own. It appears the company is more interested in making the next dollar than trying to secures a long-term quality client, and retain the best and brightest employee. Many of the managing directors and executive directors treat their highly-skilled, professional consultants as if they were their personal administrative assistants.

Advice to Management

You may want to consider re-purposing your managing directors. Possible question: Why does the company have so many managing directors and how are they contributing to the company's success.

Oct 1, 2018 – Manager, HR Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback and regret that as a Director in our firm, you are expressing an experience so different from your peers. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership or HR to give us... More

5. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategy and Transformation in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager, Strategy and Transformation in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance, Competitive Salary, Great People, A lot of visibility to C-Suite/Executive Management, Great Clients, Manage your career

Cons

Need more huddle rooms in headquarters

Nov 26, 2018 – Chief HR Officer

We hear you! We are currently implementing Skype systems in 6 new rooms to help meet the needs of our employees. And remember, every MD and Director office has a "clean desk" policy, which means... More

"Great Company and Even Better People"

Former Employee - Accounting Administrative in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Accounting Administrative in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people you'll ever meet. Everyone is very kind and helpful.

Environment and culture is excellent. Nobody seems disgruntled or unhappy.

Very nice offices with many amenities.

Cons

There are no cons to report

Nov 26, 2018 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for this wonderful review!

"Firm with good bones and potential"

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Smart and knowledgeable coworkers, really great support team (HR, Marketing and Recruitment) for a medium sized firm, modelled on big-4

Cons

Lack of investments in building IP beyond sales focused white papers - no established delivery framework or investments to build solution accelerators, projects are aggressively priced to sell but at standard consulting rates, so the burden is on the consultants more to put in more time and deliver. Resistant to hire specialist with deeper technical skills and more in favor of generalist.

Advice to Management

There are many good things at the firm, especially in the quality of talent available. My advise would be to invest more in building IP and solution accelerators - this will accelerate delivery and reduce burn out in consultants, explicitly budget non-billable hours for investment projects - understand your mid management is under pressure to sell at a high rate card but they need to be competitively priced in total cost to win work and the burden shifts to aggressive time schedule, mid management and MDs' should genuinely put in time and care to mentor and nurture talents and not because HR has mandated it - there is lot of experience and knowledge within the firm and in some cases it is best to leave behind the bad things from big 4.

8. "Internal Back Office Position"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Tysons, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Tysons, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Numerous opportunities and encouragement for career advancement. Friendly, outgoing, and personable environment. Tuition and certification reimbursement programs. Flexible work life schedule. Social / Happy Hour after work hours atmosphere.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. Zero cons. None.

Advice to Management

None.

Mar 8, 2018 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy at MFC, and you are enjoying many of the perks and benefits that make MFC a great place to work. If you haven’t yet had a... More

9. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was very engaging and very well communicated throughout the whole process. Director of Recruiting did a great job keeping me in the loop for every step of the way.

In person interview: I interviewed for the Public Sector Consultant position. Interview was three different parts with 3 different people: behavioral, consulting & technical screen. All my interviewers were very nice and professional. Made me feel very comfortable.

So far working at MF has been a great experience, and very happy to be here. High energy in the office, and everyone here is very open & nice. Open door policy, just overall a great environment with a great company culture. HR is always ready to answer any questions.

Cons

Have not experienced any downsides yet and I don't think I will in the future.

Mar 5, 2018 – Manager, HR Business Partner

Welcome to MorganFranklin and thanks for sharing your great review. We do have an outstanding Recruiting team and regularly receive positive feedback from our candidates and new hires about the... More

"Entrepreneurial organization that provides great growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture-- MFC has a positive, collaborative culture. The firm is comprised of smart, talented people who take pride in delivering quality work. People here care about each other, the work we do and the clients we impact. It isn't perfect, but in the years I've been here, I've always felt appreciated for the work that I do, valued for my ideas and contributions and a real sense of being part of a team, working toward a common goal.

Clients- the firm has a diverse client base that includes premium brands as well as smaller, fast-growing organizations across a broad range of industries. Especially impressive when you consider the size of the organization. Not a lot of firms this size can boast a client roster of this caliber.

The "Creature Comforts" are great-- technology that make communication and collaboration effective even when you're traveling. Beautiful corporate HQ with
     nice amenities. Benefits are excellent. Compensation is fair and I feel like I've been rewarded and recognized, especially in years when I've exceeded expectations. The bar here is high, but that's motivating for me.

Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here. It's professional services, so if you have experience in this industry, you know it's demanding and that there can be long hours and tight deadlines. Expectations are high, but manageable. People (including leadership) treat each other as people, everyone knows you have a life outside of work and responsibilities to manage. I've always been given the latitude I need to take care of things at home, but I work hard (and sometimes long hours) to deliver results.

Cons

Clients are nationwide, so travel is likely, especially for our commercial consultants. Professional services is a demanding industry and finding balance can be challenging, but achievable.

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate the culture. Continue to invest in training and developing your people.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful and appreciative comments. We agree it is critical to continue to intentionally manage and protect our culture, and we are increasing our focus on and budget for... More