MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2021

4.3
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start a consulting career

Apr 10, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will throw you into complex situations in front of senior executives. Big opportunities to stand out Flexibility in "owning you own career"

Cons

High turnover (even for consulting), but it's common for people to return after taking a new opportunity

2. 5.0

Hidden gem!

Feb 16, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and inclusive culture. Multitude of events, weekly drop ins hosted by leadership. Upon joining, everyone I reached out to made time to connect, share backgrounds, and welcome me to the firm (many reached out on their own to introduce themselves). The tone at the top and subsequent execution result in a positive, collegial work environment. Bright, driven, collaborative colleagues who are looking to accelerate their careers and deliver high quality work consistently. Opportunities to learn and expand skillset are plentiful. As always this is, pending desire to do so, bandwidth and ability to pick up the new skills, availability of business case such as client demand. Financial incentive for direct business development is paired with coaching, support, collaboration from leadership. Leaders will personally guide and coach you in preparation for direct business development pursuits stemming from your outreach or initiation. Culture of career ownership boils down to the ability accelerate faster for top performers who are looking for promotion. It also is equivalent to the company respecting individual circumstances such as family and adjusting for work life flexibility to accommodate the right talent. Pay for performance culture evident in LinkedIn promotion history of colleagues identified as high performers - just look at the history of some of the employees on linkedin.

Cons

Company-provided laptop is struggling with my need to work with multiple large excel files simultaneously.

Continue reading
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Employer

Mar 7, 2021 - IAM Analyst Senior in Farmington, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation, PTO, Bonus, Culture, Vacation Pay

Cons

None. None None None None

4. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Feb 5, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I honestly loved working at MFC. I really felt at home at this company. They have events that make everyone feel included like frequent happy hours, and a VERY fun Christmas party.

Cons

I have nothing to share about cons

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

in-between role for many

Mar 9, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, HR, people, opportunity, culture

Cons

small, politics, lack of focus

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Own your consulting career

Oct 12, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to transparent leadership - Opportunity for significant professional development and career progression - Exposure to wide variety of clients, industries, and unique business challenges - Entrepreneurial and inclusive culture

Cons

- No longer employee owned

7. 1.0

Bad Experience

Dec 15, 2020 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can "own your career" - wide variety of projects to choose from, lots of support to be entrepreneurial

Cons

MorganFranklin promised that no employees would be laid off during the COVID-19 pandemic...then went on to fire employees during the COVID-19 pandemic without any warning.

4 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Like many other companies, during the earliest days of the pandemic, we made some decisions to ensure the financial health of the organization. Many of these decisions involved personal financial sacrifice for our leadership and many team members, and there were a few personnel cuts that we unfortunately had to make at the time. However, any additional personnel moves subsequent to April were performance driven, and we have been hiring steadily since August.

8. 2.0

Use to be good

Nov 20, 2020 - Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a place with great culture and opportunities

Cons

Will let people go where needed easily to save others

2 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you experience the great culture and countless opportunities here! As with many firms, leadership did have to make some tough decisions earlier this year, as a result of the pandemic. Although we sincerely regretted the impact on a very small number of employees (the worst part of a leader's job), it was the fiscally responsible thing to do. We are finishing off the year strong and are looking forward to 2021!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Place where good ideas get visibility and support

Oct 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of growth that welcomes ideas and typically lets people run with them. Good if you are trying to grow your consulting career.

Cons

Sometimes tried to act bigger than they were in reality. Can lead to lofty goals or plans that don't materialize.

10. 5.0

Solid place to work

Jul 2, 2020 - Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and own a career.

Cons

Improve engagement across all service offerings

Senior HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying your time here at MFC. All of our employees are empowered to embrace our Own Your Career philosophy, which gives them the control to create and achieve a path for long-term professional development and advancement, and contributes to our entrepreneurial, employee-centric culture. And we encourage our employees to have an active voice and role in impacting the evolution of our growing business, so please join us in advancing collaboration and engagement across all of our service offerings. As a follow up the service line lunch & learn series we offered earlier this year, we are actively working on identifying other ways to enhance cross-solution engagement, including with Vaco—and we welcome your feedback, ideas and involvement! We are committed to providing an excellent employee experience to every team member, and we work hard at making MorganFranklin Consulting an outstanding workplace. We are happy to have you at MFC!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews