MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated May 29, 2020

4.1
MorganFranklin Consulting Managing Partner Christopher Mann (no image)
Christopher Mann
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance-- probably belongs in both the pros and the cons here(in 14 reviews)

• "Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Newly hired employees are routinely assigned to projects, without any upper management support(in 6 reviews)

• "MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers(in 6 reviews)

1. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay , benefits , clear instructions from management, they care for their employees

Cons

I have no complaints.Only that I wish they could have some more projects in pipeline

MorganFranklin Consulting2020-05-29

June 2, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! Our Recruiting team works hard to ensure a positive experience throughout the interview and hiring process, with a smooth handoff to HR for a successful on-boarding experience. The COVID crisis is challenging for us all and we know spending time on the bench can be frustrating. I do encourage you to review our Bench Guide for tips and tricks for making the most out of your time. In addition, while on the bench you can continue to take advantage of our core hours policy, allowing for flexible scheduling. Please continue to keep us posted on your experience over time, and take advantage of our open door policy to share your ideas to make us even better. We're happy to have you as part of the MFC team!

2. "Overall great place"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great recruiting experience. Top-tier management team. Excellent corporate culture.

Cons

The amount of time spent on the bench can be frustrating during slow periods.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-10-08
  3. "Great people, growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great firm comprised of smart people I genuinely enjoy working with. The firm has a growth mindset and entrepreneurial culture. Good benefits, flexible work environment, competitive comp and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Growth mindset also means a lot of change. I've learned to lean into it and find the opportunities that result, but the fluidity/gray areas/frequent change might not be a fit for some.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-09-10

September 19, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for the great review. We couldn’t agree more that the firm has an incredibly diverse and talented team members – the best and the brightest from the large consulting or accounting firms, industry and government. I am so glad to hear you are enjoying your time and the benefits and perks that help to make MorganFranklin a great place to work. We are experiencing some change as we prepare for significant growth and your comment about leaning into the change/opportunities is a positive and productive step. Being flexible and agile as an organization is key to growth, but we are also doing all we can to offer stability and transparency where we can. For example, we are casting a wide net of communication channels to ensure our employees stay informed—from bi-weekly updates from our CEO to a central communications portal to regular town halls. Please engage in these communications and share your feedback! Also, please participate in our “Voice of the People” survey—an important tool that is helping leadership listen to our people. Thanks again for your feedback!

4. "Great culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility and openness. Leadership supports their people.

Cons

Firm direction can be fuzzy sometimes.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-09-09

September 19, 2019HR Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you are happy here and enjoying some of the things that makes our culture so great! In terms of firm direction, with MorganFranklin being acquired by Vaco Holdings, LLC in July, there is huge potential for significant growth. We become the global consulting platform of Vaco, and we will run alongside each other to deliver an end-to-end business solution for our clients. This creates significant opportunities for new professional challenges and career advancement for our people. The strategic direction the firm rolled out a year or two ago is still in play, and in fact we believe the Vaco acquisition will propel us forward on that same trajectory. And our mission and values remain firmly grounded. We will continue serving our clients, developing our people, and executing our growth strategy. We are working hard to be as transparent as possible during this new relationship and encourage you to come to HR with any questions. As you noted, we do have an open door policy, so I encourage you to keep us posted on your experience at MorganFranklin and share any suggestions you may have to make us even better.

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe they have competitive benefits.

Cons

I found the requirements to advance your career very confusing.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-08-12

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback, and will look at our career processes for opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to ensure all employees understand their career opportunities, and are supported in reaching them. We ask our Coaches to help employees navigate their career paths, using the tools and guidance the firms provides. And we foster an "Own Your Career" culture so that employees feel empowered to be proactive in their career management. We have also been increasingly focused on the development of our employees, encouraging them to take advantage of both internal and external training and development opportunities. We regret that you did not come speak with us if you were confused, and wish we had had the opportunity to provide greater support to you. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A consulting firm that truly values its people and culture. I have worked at other consulting firms where leaderships motivates by fear and intimidation. This is NOT the case at MFC. Employees have a say in the types of projects they work on and there is no pressure to take on work not suited for one's skill set.

Cons

Pay is slightly below average.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-07-17

July 22, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy and enjoying the culture here at MFC—it’s one of our key differentiators! We are dedicated to staying close to the market to ensure we offer competitive compensation and premium benefits. We do have a pay-for-performance culture, so be sure you are taking full advantage of the various ways to increase your compensation. I encourage you to review the Compensation portal page, and also reach out HR with any specific or questions about your total rewards package. Our goal is to ensure you are well and fairly paid, feel recognized and valued, and continue to enjoy your experience at MorganFranklin.

7. "RUN"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

There were some good people I would like to work with again.

Cons

Just go somewhere else. Scroll through the other negative reviews and notice how HR tries to minimize the feedback. Imagine that, but all day, every day.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-08-09

September 5, 2019HR Manager

We are sorry that you determined in such a short period that we were not a fit for you. The needs of our people are of great concern to us, and while our culture is not right for everyone, we wish we could have had the opportunity to talk openly with you in an effort to resolve your issues. We hope you find an opportunity that better suits your needs.

8. "Lacking"

1.0

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Standard benefits and good post college experience to ramp up. Careful can also be career killer for senior staff.

Cons

Too many to name but to start Leadership is terrible. Bonus structure and performance reviews are irrelevant on so many levels.

MorganFranklin Consulting2019-06-12

June 28, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear your experience has not been as positive as your peers and we wish you had asked for help while you were here. Our employees at all levels value our open door policy, and most take advantage of it, as well as our nimble environment that can more easily and quickly fix things that aren’t working well for a particular employee. If one of our people doesn’t feel supported by a particular manager for any reason, there are many safe channels for support and a leadership team ready, willing and committed to improving the employee experience. We have a number of pay-for-performance incentive plans and robust internal mobility that many of our employees are benefiting from, and we regret that you were unable to take advantage of these opportunities. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

9. "Senior Manager - Accounting & Transaction Services"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great access to firm leadership. Capabilities across various areas of interest to CFOs, CIOs, and their departments. Business development bonuses and the ESOP! Flexibility to work from home when presence at a client site is not expected.

Cons

The performance review cycle is annual, which is not frequent enough.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-10-09

December 14, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At MorganFranklin we are proud to offer the best of a small and large consulting firm under one roof, and one of those perks is the access to senior leadership. Like many companies, we have evolved our performance evaluation process toward monthly coaching conversations culminating in an annual performance and compensation review. It sounds as though you and your Coach have not been meeting each month, and we want to correct that. Please reach out so that HR can assist you. Also, note that we have just launched a cutting-edge performance management tool which will provide better tracking and transparency to our processes. Please contact HR with any other ideas or feedback. We appreciate your input and are dedicated to continuous improvement.

10. "New hire"

2.0

Pros

Great location in Tyson’s Corner Decent benefits for a smaller firm Growth in accounting and transaction services practice

Cons

Relentless focus on the market comes at the cost of developing and retaining talent. When I started with the firm, the senior consultant on my team had been working there for a year, with 0 experience in the subject matter related to projects he was working on and 0 coaching/training received. As a result, the quality of deliverables is sub-par. Definitely not the best place to start a career. Also, because of the focus on growing market share and revenue, leadership throws bodies on projects with little regard to personnel expertise and experience. That, combined with the lack of training and coaching, is a recipe for disaster and lack of motivation from personnel.

MorganFranklin Consulting2018-10-02

December 14, 2018Chief HR Officer

Thank you for sharing these concerns. What you describe sounds like an extreme anomoly and one we want to correct. Part of our value proposition is exposing our employees to new opportunities and stretching them to develop new skills. We believe in on the job training in addition to formal training, tailored to the needs of each employee. Please contact your MD and HR. We want to work with you to resolve the skills issue you identify here, as well as to ensure that you and your team members are getting access to the right training at the right time. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to correcting this situation.

Found 113 reviews