MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated April 6, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good people, work life balance and office (in 10 reviews)

• Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail (in 5 reviews)

• They need to do a better job of talking about work/life balance versus giving me a bonus based on billable hours (in 3 reviews)

1. "High exposure with small firm size but close to the same level of amenities of a big firm"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a small consulting firm which gives you the ability to get more exposure among the management team. Also, higher degree of career growth potential exists due to the smaller size. At the same time, the company offers many of the same processes and perks that you would expect at a bigger firm.
    The company has many paths available for individuals for their professional growth. Their 'Own you career' policy ensures that every individual has a chance to succeed.

Cons

While the company tries to offer many of the advantages of their bigger counterparts, they still fall short due to their size. For example, they don't have as big of a size to have their own in-house university. But, most of these shortcomings are dealt with the management's willingness to offer the same learning potential from outside sources.

May 15, 2015 – Chief HR Officer

We appreciate the feedback, and are pleased you have already experienced one of the most powerful differentiators MFC has to offer--the increased ability to make your mark and advance your career. We ... More

2. "My career opportunities have been both challenging and rewarding."

Current Employee - Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Pros

Work/life balance, clientele, culture, technology

Cons

Salary, administrative tasks, too many and too frequent reviews, significant delay obtaining review feedback

Advice to Management

Implement flex-schedules

Mar 30, 2015 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for providing positive feedback in so many areas. Give HR a call and we'll talk through some of your concerns. We are currently making enhancements to our performance management program, and ... More

3. "Great Company to build upon client service background."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, and everyone brings a variety of useful skill sets that are an advantage on any client engagement. Hard work, but I can honestly say that I have learned and grown as a Senior Consultant. They truly prepare you for advancement, and if you take the initiative to put in the time and effort, your hard work will pay off with employee advancement. At least, I hope so as I hope be offered a promotion in the future.

Cons

Not enough Training and other documentation. Also with the amount of hours work thoughout the year they have a very weak holiday and PTO.

Advice to Management

Institute a 360 degree Performance Review process. Also, seek the opinions of other individuals other than just the Senior Manager. This will prevent any ratings based on personal opinions. Including a chance for the Reviewed to rate their Reviewer gives the individual an opportunity to explain any comments/ratings which he/she feels were unwarranted. Also, there should be a secondary review process if there are any disagreements on an individual's rating. To resolve this, other individuals on the engagement may offer their input, and client staff that worked with the Reviewed Consultant on a regular basis to compile his/her testimony, and conduct a re-review panel discuss as these Performace Ratings are vital to ones advancement MFC, and should be rated specifically on ones performEP2ace.

Mar 30, 2015 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your contributions to our company. We are pleased that you feel you have gained valuable career experience that has helped you develop as a Senior Consultant. As you may know, our ... More

"Good people, selfish management"

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and open door policy if you want to discuss with the MDs if you are in the office. There are a few MDs that care, but a majority of them don't.

Cons

No work-life balance, personal growth is low and they do not care about the people they just care if you are billable and they like to run up the clients bill. If you put in a two week notice they will roll you off the project right away and move your exit interview up and not pay you out for the rest of your notice.

Advice to Management

Give the respect to all levels not just the peers at your level

Mar 30, 2015 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback. While we differ in our perspective on your particular experience, we sincerely regret that you chose not to benefit from all of the amazing opportunities MFC has to offer ... More

6. "What you need to succeed"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SY Consultant. MFC delivers on what they promise to potential new employees - culture and great people. Vast array of projects to gain great experiences. Above market benefits. Go small, less bureaucracy. Outlook looks promising.

Cons

Depending on project, may work substantial hours. This is to be expected for any consulting environment.

Advice to Management

Keep putting employees first and customer satisfaction will continue to increase.

Mar 30, 2015 – Chief HR Officer

We appreciate your positive feedback. Your advice to managment is spot on, and we will keep doing exactly that! If you have other ideas, HR's door is open!

"Size matters"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Dynamic atmosphere
    - Early responsibility
    - Engaged Leadership
    - Expanding client list
    - Extensive room for growth
    - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path.
    - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

Advice to Management

C.E. Andrews is making the right decisions for the growth of the company. Keep it up and add more happy hours. As you expand make sure to share this with people looking to find new opportunities in cities that do not have the oppressive cost of living that the DC Metro area has.

8. "Understands value in investing in their employees now and into the future"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin really is a family-feel environment, which was really refreshing to me coming from such a large international company where I felt lost in the numbers of employees. I wasn't even actively looking for new opportunities before I joined the team but I was blown away by how professional, sincere, and honest everyone was during the interview process. The people here truly believe in their quality of work products. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company and also knowing that you’re playing a role in contributing to that bigger, brighter future that executive leadership is building.

They truly see the value in investing in their employees by offering education, training, and certification assistance. There's growth at every level here and because they focus heavily on personal performance it's up to yourself if and when you want to reach for that next step.

Cons

Any role at the company is challenging - you have to want to work hard and you have to want to challenge yourself in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep the open communication - letting your employees know what's going on (or what's not going on) helps continue to build the team environment.

"Fantastic Opportunity"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp colleagues, entrepreneurial spirit, high-touch experience from your first day.

If you see a need, you are encouraged to help lead the effort for improvement. The rewards and recognition programs encourage innovation and strong values, not just business gains.

The company does the right thing for it's employees and is extremely generous with it's benefit programs. In addition access to Sr. Leadership is the best in the business.

Cons

Not for wall-flowers or those who want rewards without working hard.

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at MorganFranklin. You point out a number of our strengths. One point in particular catches ... More

"Great Opportunities for Professional Development"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review.

In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits.

The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

Cons

MorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned.

To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

11. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mid-size firm that plays in the market with the Big 4 but doesn't come with the extra "work." Only work on what matters - client service and business development

Cons

Smaller firm, opportunities for promotion only available if contract available. Can't carry the overhead. Management also tends to hand-pick who they want to promote

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so glad you think MFC is an awesome place to work. Could I entice you to give me a call to talk about our promotion process? I'd ... More