MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated June 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good people, work life balance and office (in 10 reviews)

• Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail (in 5 reviews)

• They need to do a better job of talking about work/life balance versus giving me a bonus based on billable hours (in 3 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mid-size firm that plays in the market with the Big 4 but doesn't come with the extra "work." Only work on what matters - client service and business development

Cons

Smaller firm, opportunities for promotion only available if contract available. Can't carry the overhead. Management also tends to hand-pick who they want to promote

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so glad you think MFC is an awesome place to work. Could I entice you to give me a call to talk about our promotion process? I'd ... More

2. "Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top notch salary, concierge service, bosses seem to care about their employees. Quarterly wellness spas at the office! The cookouts were amazing. Benefits were the best I have ever had. I would go back to work for them in a second.

Cons

They sold our division. I had to go work for Lockheed Martin. Even though they sold us, they did do their best to make sure we were taken care of by the new company and did everything they could to make the transition easy.

Advice to Management

They seem to know what they are doing.

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your wonderful post, especially 18 months after the divestiture. It was very important to the MFC leaders to ensure the employees in the divested division were taken care of. It was so ... More

3. "Excellent work culture, great people to work with"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company.

Cons

Small company, Not many big name clients, not many clients in across the globe.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have good long term vision.

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback! I'm so glad you value one of our biggest and best differentiators--our ability to offer the best of a larger company along with the best of a smaller company. I encourage ... More

"Has potential, but fails to offer true opportunity to it's employees."

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small business with the latitude to work across multiple business groups and accounts which offers experience that is not readily available in a large company. There are pillars of excellence led by very talented and motivated professionals in leading business performance for clients.

Cons

Company is led by a group of long time friends which at times are not motivated to inspire and offer opportunity to motivated employees to do more. Potential for unfair and not equal employment practices; corporate values and culture are other than what senior management live by. An "open door" policy is openly offered by corporate management, but found this to be less than advertised with potential for reprisal.

Advice to Management

In the past MFC had been an up and coming small business, probably about time to sell the other side of the business before all the good people leave.

"Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs"

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with a young vibe. Good benefits and above market compensation. Tries to be different. Easily accessible office location in Tyson's corner.

Cons

The firm does not set you up for success, but throws you in to billable projects with no alignment to your background and experience. The firm over sells on projects, and expects the available resources to figure it out, even if they aren't the right resources. The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interviews about what work life balance means to MFC. It's ok to throw your consultants in, but set them up to succeed.

"Was ok"

Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

Cons

Was hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Advice to Management

Do not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

"Going down hill fast"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are not too bad

Cons

This company was great when I first started however in the last year it has started to tank.
    Horrible Management
    Federal side has employees who are too comfortable and refuse to increase the quality of work for the client (even though it is required by contract)
    Quality of work is sub par

Advice to Management

Hire employees who are earger to work hard

"Good people, bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People: consultants and line staff were talented
    Company Spirit: Very strong company spirit and great events to make everyone feel like they were part of something greater

Cons

Leadership: The management was extremely bloated. The senior management to staff ratio was very low. There were several abusive managers who were not held in check by the executives or HR.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the large number of Directors and Senior Managers.

"Fast rising company, work/life balance and compensation are above average."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, company promotes health & wellness, senior leaders have "open door" policy.

Cons

Some cliques within the company, few advancement opportunities, their name on your resume adds little value.

10. "Great people, interesting and challenging work, great growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial environment where you can really make an impact and both see the fruits of your labors and be rewarded for your efforts. I appreciate that there is a lot of variety in the work and opportunity to become involved in different types of projects-- it keeps me from becoming pigeon-holed in my career and it keeps me challenged. I've worked for two different execs in the time that I've been here and both have been great mentors and advocates for my professional development. It's a very positive, collaborative culture-- I feel like the people I work with take pride in the work we do together and feel a sense of accomplishment in delivering great work that helps our clients and helps the firm to grow.

I work hard, but the hours and work load are sustainable and I have the flexibility I need to make it fit with my personal demands. The firm has a strong pay for performance philosophy and I've been very pleased at the way I've been able to impact my compensation in the time I've been here.

All jobs have their ups and downs, but I love working here.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes in the firm in the five years that I've been here. On the one hand it's a testament to their openness to find better ways of doing things, and on the other it requires a real ability to go with the flow and navigate sometimes murky territory while they're hammering out the details.