MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated August 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people, work life balance and office (in 10 reviews)

• Work with great people that have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Undergoing internal transformation/ senior management change with all the unpleasantness that this processes usually entail (in 5 reviews)

• They need to do a better job of talking about work/life balance versus giving me a bonus based on billable hours (in 3 reviews)

"Good place to work short term"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people and competitive salary

Cons

Client work in many cases is just ok. Client base is respectable however projects are often mismanaged and staff aren't aligned to where they can be most successful.

"Size matters"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Dynamic atmosphere
    - Early responsibility
    - Engaged Leadership
    - Expanding client list
    - Extensive room for growth
    - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path.
    - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

Advice to Management

C.E. Andrews is making the right decisions for the growth of the company. Keep it up and add more happy hours. As you expand make sure to share this with people looking to find new opportunities in cities that do not have the oppressive cost of living that the DC Metro area has.

"My experience at MorganFranklin has been very positive."

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small company atmosphere with many opportunities for communication to Executives.

Cons

I do see a change evolving over the past 1/2 year that is impacting employee morale very negatively. Many people who joined the firm were told that an advantage of MFC was less travel. Not so true anymore. So..HR change your pitch please. Also, the talent is limited in numbers therefore employees who are sold as full-time are really working on multiple clients. Not truthful and not exceeding client expectations.

Advice to Management

Be honest regarding the travel. Do not oversell employees. If you sell someone full time make them available to that client full-time.

4. "MFC was highly recommended to me, and I will pay that forward to you"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To start, the company and position came to me highly recommended from various business and personal contacts. That, to me, was already a positive sign that I was heading in the right direction by pursuing a position here. The entrepreneurial culture of the firm is evident in that there are a ton of big 4 alum here so a lot of us are cut from the same cloth and have been there/done that with being a small fish in a big ocean. Not the case here. People are highly encouraged to ask to be assigned to new projects and dip their hands in various initiatives across the firm. The advantage of a firm this size is that you can essentially know everyone here to some degree and get exposure to levels of talent you wouldn't at a larger firm.

The people here are genuinely happy to be here and the office vibe is pleasant. People work hard, but they also value family as is evident with the work-life balance. The firm also goes out of the way to make new people feel welcome. There are ample opportunities to meet members of firm leadership whether at Happy Hours or other firm sponsored events.

I look forward to recruiting buddies from my past employer to come on board here and join the MFC team.

Cons

None yet. So far so good.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased that you are having a great experience at MFC so far. Successful onboarding is critical to happiness at a new employer, so please let me... More

5. "Understands value in investing in their employees now and into the future"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin really is a family-feel environment, which was really refreshing to me coming from such a large international company where I felt lost in the numbers of employees. I wasn't even actively looking for new opportunities before I joined the team but I was blown away by how professional, sincere, and honest everyone was during the interview process. The people here truly believe in their quality of work products. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company and also knowing that you’re playing a role in contributing to that bigger, brighter future that executive leadership is building.

They truly see the value in investing in their employees by offering education, training, and certification assistance. There's growth at every level here and because they focus heavily on personal performance it's up to yourself if and when you want to reach for that next step.

Cons

Any role at the company is challenging - you have to want to work hard and you have to want to challenge yourself in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep the open communication - letting your employees know what's going on (or what's not going on) helps continue to build the team environment.

"Fantastic Opportunity"

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp colleagues, entrepreneurial spirit, high-touch experience from your first day.

If you see a need, you are encouraged to help lead the effort for improvement. The rewards and recognition programs encourage innovation and strong values, not just business gains.

The company does the right thing for it's employees and is extremely generous with it's benefit programs. In addition access to Sr. Leadership is the best in the business.

Cons

Not for wall-flowers or those who want rewards without working hard.

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at MorganFranklin. You point out a number of our strengths. One point in particular catches... More

"Great Opportunities for Professional Development"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review.

In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits.

The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

Cons

MorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned.

To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

8. "Great Company to work for."

Pros

Great benefits. Very entrepreneurial. You get experiences to be a well rounded consultant.

Cons

Ongoing training is nonexistent. You will most likely travel a lot during your time there.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding and listening to the needs of your employees.

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You hit on three pros that we take pride in and I am very pleased that was your experience.

I regret that you didn't feel there were... More

9. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mid-size firm that plays in the market with the Big 4 but doesn't come with the extra "work." Only work on what matters - client service and business development

Cons

Smaller firm, opportunities for promotion only available if contract available. Can't carry the overhead. Management also tends to hand-pick who they want to promote

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so glad you think MFC is an awesome place to work. Could I entice you to give me a call to talk about our promotion process? I'd... More

10. "Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top notch salary, concierge service, bosses seem to care about their employees. Quarterly wellness spas at the office! The cookouts were amazing. Benefits were the best I have ever had. I would go back to work for them in a second.

Cons

They sold our division. I had to go work for Lockheed Martin. Even though they sold us, they did do their best to make sure we were taken care of by the new company and did everything they could to make the transition easy.

Advice to Management

They seem to know what they are doing.

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your wonderful post, especially 18 months after the divestiture. It was very important to the MFC leaders to ensure the employees in the divested division were taken care of. It was so... More