Morrison Child and Family Services Mental Health Therapist Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

Found 4 reviews

Morrison Child and Family Services CEO Drew Henrie-McWilliams
Drew Henrie-McWilliams
  1. "Honestly none of the other reviews here seem to fit"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Sanctuary Model isn't a nuisance. It actually helps me do my job. New clinical situations emerge to build skills on everyday. Given ample experience if you're qualified, in multiple focus areas Given ample trainings and even a willingness to provide you with your own trainings if requested and approved given your own therapy materials (it might take a while but you do get them) Positive environment and encourages...

Cons

Challenging so far to know how to adjust schedule and how to work sometimes with administrative staff regarding client scheduling. Admin seems a little burnt out and sometimes grumpy to me 1 hour a week of clinical supervision isn't enough sometimes for the complex and large caseloads They are still learning Sanctuary and Trauma-Informed and sometimes assumptions happen with regards to seeming a certain way to supervisors...

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work it shows! Great quality of people you have chosen working here together. Everyday I learn something from someone I interact with

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-01-25

"Great for professional growth"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is best at an interpersonal level, building great relationships with cohorts. Good opportunity for growth, chances come regularly for job changes.

Cons

Very high turnout rate. Majority of upper management lacks relationship with clinical workers. Atmosphere of cooperate "us vs. Them" exists, although minimally.

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-03-01
  3. "Good Learning Job"

Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and great clients. Get to help make a difference in people's lives. Good opportunities for trainings, supervision, and pursuing licensure as a therapist. Company really promotes self-care. Great job for people fresh out of college/grad school.

Cons

It is fairly low-pay. High caseloads. High turnover, including within management (as I experienced, may be different in the different offices). Very unrealistic productivity expectations: it is difficult to get work done within the 40 hours but they expect you to finish everything in the office without bringing any work home at night/weekends.

Advice to Management

Management should advocate for their employees more. Make sure employees are getting enough supervision, check in with them individually. Do exit interviews (they didn't do one for me).

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-12-15

"Ugh"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist

Pros

Helping others and coworkers

Cons

Management - priorities in the wrong place

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-12-17