Morrison Child and Family Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 31 reviews

Morrison Child and Family Services CEO Drew Henrie-McWilliams
Drew Henrie-McWilliams

"Good For Experience But Doesn't Value Employees"

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for a company that helps children and families. Good way to get experience. The people are good people, they're just overworked and don't (or can't) always see the big picture.

Cons

I was hired to do a job but wasn't given the support to do my job. I felt my job wasn't understood and its importance was undervalued. Funding is always an issue -- your job can be cut at any time.

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-06-14

"Mission and Organizational Values Don't Align"

Former Employee - Milieu Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This organization provides entry level opportunities for those looking to start a career in the social service field.

Cons

The organizational culture is not conducive to growth or change. Administrative positions are predominately filled by individuals who have been with the organization for many years (read- resistant to change and "comfortable.") While I wish I had more positive things to say, I am concerned about mission drift and the continual cutting of programs that provide mental health services for children and families in our community.

Advice to Management

Morrison could improve employee satisfaction (retention) by providing supervisors with adequate training, having HR professionals who are knowledgeable and have the tools to support employees and by conducting exit interviews to obtain feedback from their most valuable resource, employees.

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-05-04
  3. "My experience"

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time

Pros

Some amazing people to work with

Cons

Low pay, turnover is way to high

Advice to Management

Keep your people. Utilize the Sanctuary Model

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-04-18

"Good for entering the field only"

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues have been wonderful, has provided good learning opportunities.

Cons

Salary is an insult, coupled with student loan debt for the degree required for the therapist position, it is hard to be living above the poverty line. Expertise, training, and high work load expected for the low wage makes one feel undervalued.

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to your therapists. The high turnover rate creates considerable hardships for the clients.

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-03-17

"Great for professional growth"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is best at an interpersonal level, building great relationships with cohorts. Good opportunity for growth, chances come regularly for job changes.

Cons

Very high turnout rate. Majority of upper management lacks relationship with clinical workers. Atmosphere of cooperate "us vs. Them" exists, although minimally.

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-03-01
  6. "Honestly none of the other reviews here seem to fit"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Sanctuary Model isn't a nuisance. It actually helps me do my job. New clinical situations emerge to build skills on everyday. Given ample experience if you're qualified, in multiple focus areas Given ample trainings and even a willingness to provide you with your own trainings if requested and approved given your own therapy materials (it might take a while but you do get them) Positive environment and encourages...

Cons

Challenging so far to know how to adjust schedule and how to work sometimes with administrative staff regarding client scheduling. Admin seems a little burnt out and sometimes grumpy to me 1 hour a week of clinical supervision isn't enough sometimes for the complex and large caseloads They are still learning Sanctuary and Trauma-Informed and sometimes assumptions happen with regards to seeming a certain way to supervisors...

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work it shows! Great quality of people you have chosen working here together. Everyday I learn something from someone I interact with

Morrison Child and Family Services2017-01-25
  7. "Good Learning Job"

Former Employee - Mental Health Therapist

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and great clients. Get to help make a difference in people's lives. Good opportunities for trainings, supervision, and pursuing licensure as a therapist. Company really promotes self-care. Great job for people fresh out of college/grad school.

Cons

It is fairly low-pay. High caseloads. High turnover, including within management (as I experienced, may be different in the different offices). Very unrealistic productivity expectations: it is difficult to get work done within the 40 hours but they expect you to finish everything in the office without bringing any work home at night/weekends.

Advice to Management

Management should advocate for their employees more. Make sure employees are getting enough supervision, check in with them individually. Do exit interviews (they didn't do one for me).

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-12-15

"Ugh"

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist

Pros

Helping others and coworkers

Cons

Management - priorities in the wrong place

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-12-17
  9. "Stressful job for low pay"

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services

Pros

Working with kids and youth

Cons

They overwork you and they do not give you enough support to do your job

Advice to Management

Enable employees to follow company procedures

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-10-12

"Low morale....poor work environment"

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services

Pros

Great friends. Great families and clients.

Cons

No continuing Education. Huge caseloads. Continuous turnover. Low pay. Unrealistic productivity expectations. Very little appreciation.

Advice to Management

Because of the cons listed above and continuous turnover....the clients suffer. Treating the employees better=happier employees=better care.

Morrison Child and Family Services2016-10-06