Morrison Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3

1,018 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is at times difficult (in 29 reviews)

• I have no cons working for Morrison (in 46 reviews)

1. "Patient Services Manager"

Current Employee - Patient Services Manager
    Current Employee - Patient Services Manager

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Promotion opportunities and growth. If your willing to relocate the opportunities for growth are available.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive

Advice to Management

More Training than 3 days.

Nov 20, 2017 – Employer Representative

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience, appreciate all the growth opportunities and that you share our passion for helping people. Thanks... More

2. "23 years and still excited and proud to work here."

Current Employee - Senior Director of Food and Nutrition in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Food and Nutrition in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Morrison is relationship focused, and I love it. There is a great culture of building relationship with our customers and clients, as well as across and up and down the company. This includes across sector lines with other Compass-USA sectors.

To build and maintain this culture, Morrison provides a wide variety of training and development opportunities. The opportunity to grow with the company is not just for some kind of elite group, it is provided to every level (Vice President, Manager, Front Line, et al.)

The relationship culture is also expressed in the day to day operations on the unit level. Because Morrison is so large there is nearly always someone in reach to share best practices, give advice on unusual situations, or even someone who will understand if it is time to "vent."

There are amazing opportunities to grow a career. Because of Morrison's organic growth, an upwardly mobile career path is not only possible, but strongly encouraged. Managers are rewarded for developing and promoting their team members.

When regulations change, as is constantly happening in the healthcare field, Morrison is quick to provide the tools and the training to adapt and help the individuals in the team to adapt. This is also true of industry trends. Morrison is "cutting edge" in our technology, our clinical practices, our health focus, and social responsibility.

Morrison's commitment to diversity and inclusion is one of the things I am most proud of. This is far different from "tolerance, or acceptance." Morrison/Compass is enthusiastic about embracing cultural, ethnic, religious, and every other kind of diversity. They seek to integrate a variety of viewpoints and values in the workplace and beyond.
    Morrison's commitment to social responsibility encourages individuals and operations to be active in their respective communities outside of work. Environmental responsibility and sustainability also play key roles in the overall culture.

Relationships are the key. To build and keep long-term relationships takes honesty, and integrity. That is not only true for relationship that keep over 97% of our clients, year after year, but for keeping happy long-term associates, like me. I am still excited and proud to work for Morrison after more than 23 years.

Cons

I don't like the new bonus structure. I think it sends the wrong message.

Advice to Management

After several years of phenomenal growth, Morrison recently changed their bonus structure. Not for the better. The operators are the foundation for that phenomenal growth, and the bonuses are a great motivation tool. Reconsider those changes.

3. "Manage Food Service operation"

Current Employee - Food Service Director in Pennsauken, NJ
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in Pennsauken, NJ

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, excellent growth opportunities, ability to transfer after a year, benefit package is very good as well. Overall very good company to grow with

Cons

None there are no cons that I know of. As I stated prior, this is simply a great place to work

Advice to Management

Most are very helpful

Nov 13, 2017

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

Thank you for being a part of the Morrison team.

4. "Morrison/Compass"

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

Big with a lot of apparent resources and history. Many different job opportunities in especially larger Cities. Pay can be good in isolated areas.

Cons

Ultra Liberal Agenda especially regarding LGBT. Very poor training for new managers that were experienced independent managers but never worked for a management company or franchise type company. Work managers to death. Expectation is working every week-end to get everything required done. Don't supply enough resources or assistance hands on when take over a facility at the start.

Advice to Management

Back your managers if they are in the right, even if it means loosing the account. Managers should not have to move to new locations at the whim of the Clients Pleasure. If a manager makes you a lot of money, don't try and weasel out of paying bonuses.

Nov 22, 2017

Hi there!

Thank you for leaving us a review. We will take your feedback into consideration and continue to grow and support our current and future employees. We appreciate the time you spent with... More

5. "Okay company to work for place until it isn’t."

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

God pay. Opportunity to transfer with the company all over the country.

Cons

They do not handle employee allegations of harassment seriously. Their policies in place are there to protect the company and not the employee. Use it or lose it vacation time does not promote s good work life balance when management is too busy to take off.

Advice to Management

Have harassment cases handled by an independent company. Allow vacation time to carry over year to year.

Nov 15, 2017

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

It is unfortunate that your time at Morrison was not as positive as you would have liked. We seek to make our employees comfortable and... More

6. "supervisor opinion"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Raceland, LA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Raceland, LA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very organized , fast paced . educating place to work

Cons

hourly employees no payed holidays . you have use your PTO for holiday off. If you work on a holiday you should be rewarded wit time and 1/2 like other companies do

Advice to Management

consider hourly employees have family they would like to spend holidays with

Nov 15, 2017

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review.

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the education benefits of working at Morrison.

We understand your concerns about holiday time. We take... More

"Good Organization with Great People"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people who are motivated to serve others
    - Lots of opportunities if you're willing to work hard
    - Awesome being a part of an organization that truly wants to change the healthcare experience
    - Leadership is receptive to feedback (huge plus) and very humble

Cons

- Can be difficult to get things moving because the organization is so large
    - Little diversity in senior leadership

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing people for great work, and listening to their feedback/new ideas.

Nov 3, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are so glad to hear you're enjoying your experience and that you share in our passion for helping people.

Thanks for making... More

8. "Poor training"

I worked at Morrison Healthcare part-time

Pros

Good pay, good hourly schedule

Cons

Poor training, unsupportive management staff

Advice to Management

Invest in training

Nov 1, 2017

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review.

We are sorry to hear your time with us didn't meet your expectations. We are however, thankful for your feedback. Your recommendations will help us... More

9. "Director"

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great staff members
    Hard working hourly employees

Cons

Unfair wages
    Lack of support from upper management
    No support or direction

Advice to Management

Make a better effort to keep engaged with your employees, stick to all verbal/written commitments made to employees.

Nov 3, 2017

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review.

We believe healthy relationships between managers and their reports is very important. We're sorry that hasn't been the case in your experience. Please... More

10. "Retail Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work with a great group of people, and creative freedom is really good!

Cons

Staff is underpaid and not appreciated. Upper Management in this particular unit doe not give incentives to hardworking employees as often as it should be done, and employees are afraid to tell the truth due to retaliation.

Advice to Management

Give thanks to your employees because they make the department run, an review the cost of living for your area.

Oct 23, 2017

Hello! We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback! We are constantly working to improve.

We are sorry to hear your time with us didn’t meet your expectations. We are however... More

Showing 1,018 of 1,042 reviews