KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tim Pierce
1,331 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Morrison Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Morrison Healthcare Great Foodservice Company!

Nov 30, 2021 - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Scranton, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Morrison Healthcare is a great company to work for. I have been with this company for the past 6 years and they truly show appreciation to their employees. They have development plans to help with career growth and development. Looking forward to what upcoming years with the company has to bring!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Employer Representative

Hi there! We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience and that you share our passion for helping people. Thanks for making Morrison Healthcare a great place to work, we’re proud to have you on our team.

2. 5.0

Good gig

May 25, 2022 - Executive Chef in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and schedule

Cons

Can be very demanding from corporate at times

Employer Representative

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience and that you share our passion for helping people. Thanks for making Morrison Healthcare a great place to work, we’re proud to have you on our team.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run away and don’t look back

Jun 15, 2022 - Patient Experience Manager in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. Pay is not competitive whatsoever, benefits are terrible so can’t do nothing makes this place worth even trying out.

Cons

Everything. Leadership is a joke! There is no support whatsoever. When you bring up issues you’re the one that gets scowled at. You are expected to keep unethical and immoral things silent (including sexual harassment) as it’s nothing but an inconvenience to them. This company just wants people to point fingers at. The drama is constant and never ending. People are given special treatment (better pay/ promotions/extra days off, etc) based on who their friends with and who’s butt they kiss. In all honesty, this was the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. If I could give negative stars I would.

Employer Representative

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. It is unfortunate that your time here was not what you’d hoped. Your recommendations will help us continue to grow and support our current employees. Good luck in your future endeavors and we are thankful for the time you spent with us.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Employee experience was subpar

Jun 17, 2022 - Lead Cook in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of benefits options offered through Compass benefits portals

Cons

Exploitative business practices often at the expense of front line workers. Pay and benefits at non-management levels was markedly subpar for the local market. My position was often paid 25-33% lower than comparable positions at other local Healthcare providers, no holiday pay, minimal PTO accrual. I was lucky to be grandfathered in under the old employer pay contract. Staffing issues (near permanent understaffing), payroll issues (frequent accounting "errors" always in Compass Goup's favor), and even separation of employment issues (termination processed a month after leaving the company almost prevented me from enrolling in other Healthcare coverage, and cost me hundreds in insurance premiums, only 25% of which were reimbursed adter 6 weeks of constant pursuit) were rampant. When staff inquired about hazard pay for front facing Healthcare workers, we were told by regional directors to be grateful to have jobs. People were left without wages or nearly terminated when they missed more than a week for Covid by the contract's Infection control protocols due to "use it or lose it" sick leave policies. My contract drove chefs with four decades of experience out of the professional kitchen entirely, and I had considered leaving the industry after 20 years myself before landing a spot in a local hospitality venue that offer better, more stable and reliable hours, pay, benefits, and company culture. For comparison, my own personal experiences with Aramark, Duke Health, and LeisureCare as an employee have been superior, and coworkers who had worked with Sodexo also said they handled things better than Morrison/Compass. If you have any other options I'd recommend pursuing those.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Honest Review

Jun 2, 2022 - Senior Director of Food & Nutrition Svc in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Pay *Work independently *Relocation package is excellent

Cons

*Benefits not as good as competition especially the 401k match *Career advancement-Tons of opportunity depending on who you know, which is the saying around the company. *Perceived to still be a Good Ole' Boy company

Employer Representative

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your constructive feedback. Your recommendations will help us continue to grow and support our current employees. Good luck in your future endeavors and we are thankful for the time you spent with us.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

As honest as I can be

Apr 26, 2022 - Diet Office Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The jobs don’t seem hard to get. They are used to turnover rates. And lots and lots of positions.

Cons

-pay rate is horrible. They were offering some adults with families $13 an hour and this woman had a masters. - they use management staff to pacify staff who complain about work conditions and pay raise ( especially with promise of job advancement. U really could get stuck - vulture company. The pay is so low that it’s for those who are desperately in need

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place to start your career

Jun 23, 2022 - Clinical Dietitian Specialist in Savannah, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off, health care

Cons

Expectations and salary below competition

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good job decent pay

Jun 7, 2022 - Director Food and Nutrition Services in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

People culture, room to grow

Cons

Pay raises are pathetic at maybe 3%

Employer Representative

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience and that you share our passion for helping people. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for making Morrison Healthcare a great place to work, we’re proud to have you on our team.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

May 12, 2022 - Clinical Nutrition Manager in Farmington, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company, great support for clinical dietitians, opportunities to advance career within company

Cons

none that I can think of

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Good

Jun 8, 2022 - Nutritionist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the top tier contract companies in Chicago

Cons

Salary, advancement opportunities for clinicians, great benefits

Employer Representative

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us continue to grow and support our current employees. Good luck in your future endeavors and we are thankful for the time you spent with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,772 Reviews

Morrison Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Morrison Healthcare has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,776 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Morrison Healthcare to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Morrison Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Morrison Healthcare. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

82% of Morrison Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Morrison Healthcare 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Morrison Healthcare to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Morrison Healthcare Job Seekers