Morrison Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3

1,050 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance is at times difficult (in 30 reviews)

• I have no cons working for Morrison (in 47 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"23 years and still excited and proud to work here."

Current Employee - Senior Director of Food and Nutrition in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Food and Nutrition in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Morrison is relationship focused, and I love it. There is a great culture of building relationship with our customers and clients, as well as across and up and down the company. This includes across sector lines with other Compass-USA sectors.

To build and maintain this culture, Morrison provides a wide variety of training and development opportunities. The opportunity to grow with the company is not just for some kind of elite group, it is provided to every level (Vice President, Manager, Front Line, et al.)

The relationship culture is also expressed in the day to day operations on the unit level. Because Morrison is so large there is nearly always someone in reach to share best practices, give advice on unusual situations, or even someone who will understand if it is time to "vent."

There are amazing opportunities to grow a career. Because of Morrison's organic growth, an upwardly mobile career path is not only possible, but strongly encouraged. Managers are rewarded for developing and promoting their team members.

When regulations change, as is constantly happening in the healthcare field, Morrison is quick to provide the tools and the training to adapt and help the individuals in the team to adapt. This is also true of industry trends. Morrison is "cutting edge" in our technology, our clinical practices, our health focus, and social responsibility.

Morrison's commitment to diversity and inclusion is one of the things I am most proud of. This is far different from "tolerance, or acceptance." Morrison/Compass is enthusiastic about embracing cultural, ethnic, religious, and every other kind of diversity. They seek to integrate a variety of viewpoints and values in the workplace and beyond.
    Morrison's commitment to social responsibility encourages individuals and operations to be active in their respective communities outside of work. Environmental responsibility and sustainability also play key roles in the overall culture.

Relationships are the key. To build and keep long-term relationships takes honesty, and integrity. That is not only true for relationship that keep over 97% of our clients, year after year, but for keeping happy long-term associates, like me. I am still excited and proud to work for Morrison after more than 23 years.

Cons

I don't like the new bonus structure. I think it sends the wrong message.

Advice to Management

After several years of phenomenal growth, Morrison recently changed their bonus structure. Not for the better. The operators are the foundation for that phenomenal growth, and the bonuses are a great motivation tool. Reconsider those changes.

Dec 5, 2017

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We appreciate all of the time you've spent with Morrison and the growth that you've recognized. We are happy that you value... More

2. "Review"

Current Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I just spent the last 30 plus minutes downloading all the new marketing resources, tools and marketing material regarding the Waste Not Food Program. I am blown away at our initiatives and sustainability practices. These topics are important to me and it makes me so proud to work for a company that actually cares and is as passionate as I am. We must be the change and Morrison Healthcare is leading the path on these efforts! Thank you!!!!

Cons

Maybe not a con.... but Lots of material to go through. The reality is, will our teams take the time to use these tools and resources and help us be the change..... It's a great start though.

Advice to Management

Help us find food banks/ donating food in Florida. I did not see it on the map.

Feb 21, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We’re glad you share our passion for sustainability and thank you for helping us “be the change.” We’re also glad to hear you’re... More

3. "Bad Management, Unreliable Source of steady Income"

Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice coworkers

Cons

Management was horrible, unreliable scheduling/hours, bogus write-ups to cover their own mistakes.

Advice to Management

Need to treat workers like you value them. You don't make money without them. You should treat them as human beings, with respect, not disposable objects.

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us a review.

We believe healthy relationships between managers and their reports are very important and regret that this was not your experience at your account... More

4. "Awesome company to work for."

Current Employee - Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They care about there employees

Cons

Work lot hours if you are in management

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people

Feb 5, 2018 – Project Manager

Hello,

We are so glad you’re having a positive experience at Morrison Healthcare!
    We are excited that you are part of the Morrison Healthcare family and grateful for team members like you who... More

5. "Patient services manager"

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, benefits

Cons

Some directors care more than others

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us a review.

We believe healthy relationships between managers/directors and their reports are very important. If you are experiencing issues with the directors at... More

6. "Terrible environment"

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

The pay was not bad.

Cons

Terrible leadership. Extreme lack of training. I started with plenty of vacation time, but good luck getting to use it, if you are lucky enough to be able to use a day, you'll have to make up that day at a later point.

Advice to Management

Train your managers, you'll keep them longer. Have backup/floater managers employed as fill ins to allow for vacation time.

Feb 5, 2018 – Project Manager

Thanks for your feedback and review. We are sorry that we haven’t met your expectations and value your comments as they help us constantly improve and make your experience better.

If you would... More

7. "Mayo Clinic/ Morrison transition"

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

Definitely reinforcing basics, good for any kitchen

Cons

Losing 90% of staff, the best kitchen I have ever worked for is gone because of the Morrison Healcare takeover of Mayo Clinic, our Director was reassigned, and our regional director just quit, food complaints on the rise. You have to understand this was a Dept that had a 95% patient approval; now 70%, why would Mayo invite this cancer in??? All in the name of saving $$$. The Mayo brothers if you don’t know their story have an amazing part of developing this great country. Heck they themselves even said the most important position in any kitchen was the dishwasher, they would rollover in their graves to see this travesty come about to this great institution. Now MH places temps with extremely questionable backgrounds is positions where trains professionals once flourished. Who suffers most??? I’ll let you figure that out...

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We understand transitions can be difficult for clients and existing staff. We also recognize our team members in all positions work hard daily to provide... More

8. "Process with Caution"

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time

Pros

Definately was an experience. Coworkers were amazing to work with since they were around my age.

Cons

Management would be lacking and had high turnover

Advice to Management

Value your employees that have seniority and hear out their ideas

Jan 18, 2018 – Project Manager

Thank you for leaving us a review. We will take your feedback into consideration and continue to grow and support our current and future employees. We appreciate the time you spent with us and we... More

9. "Retail"

Current Employee - Retail Ser in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Ser in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meet great people, teamwork. It’s a job based inside of a hospital so it’s so many career choices that comes with working in the SETTING.

Cons

Their is no moving up, no matter how many years you give the company.

Advice to Management

There should be a system in which after a certain amount of years you should be able to transfer, move up, advance your life, with a increase in pay.

Jan 12, 2018 – Employer Representative

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We believe in growth opportunities for our employees. Please work with your direct supervisor to explore open roles. If you feel your direct supervisor... More

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Dining Services Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Dining Services Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and Benefits through Compass Group

Cons

Corporate Structure was extremely strong. You had to know the right people to succeed

Jan 8, 2018 – Employer Representative

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! Good luck in your future endeavors and thank you for the time you spend with us.

Showing 1,050 of 1,076 reviews