Cover image for Morrison Living

Morrison Living

Engaged Employer

Morrison Living

Add a Review

Morrison Living Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Apr 14, 2021

3.3
Morrison Living CEO Richard Schenkel
Richard Schenkel

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Health benefits are good and comparable to other industry giants like Aramark and Sodexo.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Pay is good if you are willing to negotiate and leverage your skills for fair compensation.(in 10 reviews)
  • "great opportunities in a company that recognizes the multiple skill sets a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) brings to any organization(in 4 reviews)
  • "Concerns about process and unrealistic expectations are heard and often lead to adjustment from senior leadership.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Morrison Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Jul 22, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here less than a year but love the team and the work. All around me are people who are dedicated to seniors and making their lives better. It's great to work with people who love food and the role that it plays in our lives. I work in the corporate office and see lots of room for growth.

Cons

Long hours. So much to do.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Employer Representative

Hi there- thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with Morrison Living and share our values and mission. We're so proud to have you on our team.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Work you to death. Then throw you away when you get worn out.

Apr 14, 2021 - Executive Chef
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can not think of a single postive.

Cons

Long hours, expected to cover multiple jobs salary positions and hourly with no slack for you. Zero help from corporate higher ups for support . insurance is on the high end. Don't care bout you ask people. Low ball you on payment

2 people found this review helpful

Morrison Living Response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Although your time here is not what you hoped, your feedback will help us grow and support our current employees. We are thankful for the time you spent here.

3. Join the Morrison Living team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Sep 16, 2019 - Nutrition Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers continuing education and resources. Flexible hours. Great upper management

Cons

A lot of work and long hours for not the best pay

Be the first to find this review helpful

Employer Representative

Hello there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are excited to hear that you appreciate the benefits we offer our associates. Thanks for making Morrison Living a great place to work!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Nutrition Care Manager-dietitian

Feb 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of access to resources. Fast paced environment. Values dietitians input.

Cons

Pay is so low. Long hours. There are trainings but it is so poorly developed. Someone need to come up with a training packet, schedule, modules. You have the resources but you need someone to put it all together. Its so unorganized its a joke. I see so much potential that is not being tapped into. Its like here is a website...now go figure it all out on your own.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know our associates work very hard each and every day. If your manager is not doing a good job of supporting you in our training programs, please connect with our HR Support Team. Without your contributions, we can’t serve our residents well. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family and taking the time to provide constructive feedback.

6. 3.0

Nutrition care manager

Dec 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and room for growth within the company. Lots of resources for dietitians.

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle. Have to work long hours, many weekends and holidays. Short staffed makes it hard to complete primary work duties.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear that you're delighting in your time with us at Morrison Community Living and that you share our values and mission. We're so grateful to have you on our team.

7. 1.0

Food Service Supervisor

Mar 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Food, Residents, Safety, Sanitation, Some benefits

Cons

Union Staff Pay Upper management Long Hours Understaffed Favoritism Strict Contract Health Benefits

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know our associates work very hard each and every day. If your manager is not doing a good job of recognizing you, please connect with our HR Support Team. Without your contributions, we can’t serve our residents well. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family and taking the time to provide constructive feedback.

8. 4.0

Hospitality Manager

Jul 8, 2014 - Hospitality Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Experience, Enjoy my superiors

Cons

Hard Work, sometimes long hours and working on holidays

Employer Representative

Hello- thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience, along with your benefits and superiors. We're so proud to have you on our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews