Cover image for Morrison Living

Morrison Living

Engaged Employer

Morrison Living

Add a Review

Morrison Living Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 12, 2021

3.3
Morrison Living CEO Richard Schenkel
Richard Schenkel

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Health benefits are good and comparable to other industry giants like Aramark and Sodexo.(in 17 reviews)
  • "pay is good and schedule flexibility.(in 10 reviews)
  • "great opportunities in a company that recognizes the multiple skill sets a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) brings to any organization(in 4 reviews)
  • "Concerns about process and unrealistic expectations are heard and often lead to adjustment from senior leadership.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Morrison Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Dont look anywhere else

May 12, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

people, company, growth, work-life balance, employee appreciation.

Cons

you are paid once a month

Morrison Living Response

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are so glad to have you on our team and value your passion for the work you do, and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience! Thanks for making Morrison Living a great place to work.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The Good/The Bad/The Ugly

Sep 12, 2021 - Clinical Nutrition Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good if you are willing to negotiate and leverage your skills for fair compensation. Health benefits are good and comparable to other industry giants like Aramark and Sodexo. Paid time off (includes vacation, holidays, sick time) starts at 25 days per year for salaried exempt employees. Regional support is nice to have for general questions, but not as helpful for completing tasks on-site. Wellness programs for residents are well put together, although the expectation that you MUST incorporate all programs puts unwarranted stress on already stressed practitioners.

Cons

Dietitians, Chefs, and some Directors are run into the ground. Work/Life balance is a joke, with the average work week closer to around 55 hours. No paid parental leave policy. May take FMLA, but they make you jump through extensive hoops. There are many "resources" for mental health and wellness but they focus on the corporate setting & office workers, neglecting those working in the field. No Tuition Reimbursement. Used to have a fair reimbursement for dietitians but this has been discontinued due to the pandemic.

Morrison Living Response

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your work as an associate and appreciate the feedback to help us improve the experience of being a part of Morrison Living and have notified the appropriate parties about your experience. If you have any additional concerns, please connect with our HR Support Team. Thank you.

3. Join the Morrison Living team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I enjoy working here but there’s poor work/life balance

Aug 26, 2021 - Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO days, Health Insurance, Salary

Cons

Poor work life balance/ No weekends off

2 people found this review helpful

Morrison Living Response

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value you as an associate and are taking your feedback into consideration to improve the employee experience. Thank you for being a part of Morrison Living!

5. 3.0

Ok Job

Aug 19, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Salary is decent and the work life balance is good.

Cons

Communication, training, and support are minimal The benefits are not great at all.

Morrison Living Response

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a part of the Morrison Living family.

6. 2.0

Hit or Miss

Aug 11, 2021 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees to work for Working with residents is a great experience Decent benefits

Cons

Management is a huge hit or miss with this company. I've seen on this page that they respond saying to "reach out to your HR" but I was never introduced to who our HR was. It's kind of a joke. Who do I reach out to when there was no one to go to? And if I asked my boss or further up, it was always met with a "Why can't we handle it amongst ourselves?" I dealt with so much unethical workplace violations and harassment and never had anyone to speak to unless it was our regional director, which IS NOT HR. And she/he was close to my boss, so that made no situation better, especially when we shared walls and it was quite obvious to hear what they were gossiping about. I experienced incredibly uneducated and incompetent directors who couldn't even write emails that it was difficult to do my job. And the hypocrisy was through the roof. Ask to take a day off for the first time in 18 months? They aren't sure. Why? Oh, that's right. Because they're taking their third vacation of the year next week. No work-life balance for managers dealing with terrible bosses.

Morrison Living Response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you'd like to get in touch with HR support, you can call or email One HR at 877‐311‐HRHR (4747) or send an email to HRServiceCenter@compass-usa.com. Thank you.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Too much fluff, poor regional support

Oct 7, 2019 - Dietitian in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and PTO are generous, although only for salaried employees.

Cons

Poor work life balance, poor regional support, low pay.

Employer Representative

Hello, and thanks for taking a time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with the salaried benefits and we appreciate the constructive criticism you left. Please reach out to your HR Support Team if the issues you're facing persist. Thanks for being part of the Morrison Living team.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great entry level job

Aug 30, 2019 - Nutrition Care Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great entry level job, compensation and benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance at accounts

Employer Representative

Hello – thank you for making time to leave us a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Morrison Community Living and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lukewarm

May 5, 2019 - Executive Chef
    Business Outlook

Pros

late night is 8PM. Insurance is good

Cons

Director’s do what they want, zero corporate structure. No accountability . Lots of politics with their ED’s as well. No work life balance. Chefs get straddled with all the responsibility and all the blame.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know our associates work very hard each and every day. If your manager is not doing a good job of supporting you, please connect with our HR Support Team. Without your contributions, we can’t serve our residents well. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family and taking the time to provide constructive feedback.

10. 5.0

Great company

Nov 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good values, morals, support and resources

Cons

Work life balance expectations.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad you share in our values and morals and feel greatly supported as an employee. Thank you for making Morrison Community Living a great place to work!

11. 3.0

Nutrition care manager

Dec 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and room for growth within the company. Lots of resources for dietitians.

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle. Have to work long hours, many weekends and holidays. Short staffed makes it hard to complete primary work duties.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear that you're delighting in your time with us at Morrison Community Living and that you share our values and mission. We're so grateful to have you on our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews