Morrison Utility Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Morrison Utility Services Chief Executive Charles Morrison
Charles Morrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rare Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Langley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Morrison Utility Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morrison is a great company to work for. We acknowledge hard working indivdual people and up skill them for future, higher roles. If training if require they will try and fund it for you.

Cons

I Haven't come across any.

"Data Collector"

Current Employee - Meter Reader in Chester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Meter Reader in Chester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morrison Utility Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Poor pay, minimum wage. Have to use own car and pay for own insurance and depreciation. Poor petrol allowance. Use own mobile and own landline. No Training or help from management

Advice to Management

Don't waste time recruiting staff if you're not going to pay them properly, train them properly or manage them properly

"Great employer"

I have been working at Morrison Utility Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Variety of work
    Challenging
    Development opportunities
    Great people to work with

Cons

Lots of travel as spread UK wide

4. "No company induction given"

I have been working at Morrison Utility Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay but that may only be for certain roles

Cons

No leadership from management, lack of planning, expected to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Coordinate the contract better and take ownership of issues that have been flagged.

5. "Temp Administrator"

Former Employee - Temp Administrator in Kentish Town, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Temp Administrator in Kentish Town, England (UK)

Pros

Pay was decent.
    Working alongside other easy going people

Cons

Boring and repetitive in terms of the actual work

Advice to Management

A little bit better communication with all employees

"Great people, great company"

Former Employee - CSA in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - CSA in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

Great training and really good opportunities for anyone who wants to work – I was doing an NVQ in customer service which they paid for. The weekly hubs mean that communication between management and us on the phones was clear and I felt like they listened to my opinions - I was encouraged to do more and given support when I needed it - not like some companies where you learn your job and are expected to just get on with it. I gave feedback that was taken on board and change happened because of it. Salary is fair and I could usually get overtime when I needed it. It was a really diverse workforce and we celebrated that with cultural events. We had a few team nights out too as thank yous for hitting targets. I'd really recommend it as a place to work - the only reason I left was because I had carer issues. I'd go back in a heartbeat if my circumstances change.

Cons

If there was more flexi hours though I get that this probably not possible in the call centre because we have to be open at certain times

Advice to Management

I had loads of respect for my managers. I think they do the best they can for the team. Personally I went through some difficult personal issues and they were really patient and supportive.

"Working for Morrison Utility Services in Langley"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

Excellent company for providing great training, good induction into the company, great people to work with, very diverse workforce.

Cons

Very Poor Managers, no structure, constantly losing employees due to poor decision making in the boardroom, act first- think after, weekly hubs a waste of time, managers are given feedback which is then ignored, or worse implement anyway regardless of views bought forward

Advice to Management

If you want the contact centre to succeed, learn some man-management skills

8. "Morrison Utility Services reviewed!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Morrison Utility Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many pro's. The company operates within many other contracts, alliances and businesses to disperse costs. Friendly staff working under high pressure. Fair pay and benefits.

Cons

Dishonest and unethical company in the way it operates. Everything is a complete façade. It is owned by a private equity firm with no investment in it. The company is always doing things on the cheap, including paying people fairly. Work contracts and alliances dictate the business model. These are won by any means possible, often advising prospective clients that work can be done without checking if its actually possible first. Directors dictate work which does not align to any defined strategy or clear objectives. The management structure is ineffective and are completely detached from the staff with no clear lines of responsibility or accountability. There is no job training to operate safely. Subsequently there are accidents and cover ups all the time. Avoid this company - you've been warned.

Advice to Management

None. They think they know it all.

9. "an interesting place to work"

Pros

They work with many many other companies

Cons

There are very few ladder oppourtunities

Advice to Management

Value your staff as we our your biggest asset.