Mortgage Bankers Field Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Mortgage Bankers Field Services Reviews

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Incredibly Efficient & Enjoyable Company"

Current Contractor - Field Service Representative in Maysville, GA
    Current Contractor - Field Service Representative in Maysville, GA

I have been working at Mortgage Bankers Field Services as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

All of the personnel in the Mortgage Bankers Field Services office are very efficient, friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. The work in the field is very time sensitive and sometimes requires nearly instant response when help is needed to verify an address or confirm other data. MBFS is so helpful anytime such a need arises. A phone or email to my supervisor or others in the office also results in a cheerful and encouraging voice or note. What a wonderful moment, when on a rough gravel county road in the mountains with strangers staring at this lonely photographer, to hear a pleasant friendly voice from The Windy City! Having worked all across the USA and in many overseas countries, interfacing with various people from multiple cultures, I can declare with confidence from experience that MBFS is among the best of the best companies to work as an employee or contractor. A big thanks to all (the GM, CFO & every kind soul in the office) for establishing, nurturing and maintaining a life-line to field workers, with integrity and heart-felt communications.

Cons

I live too far away to visit the office and meet everyone... or apply for a job that allows me to be in the office a couple days a week!

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job of hiring awesome personnel and maintaining a fine-tuned operation that exudes happiness!

"Terrible pay and pay schedule"

Former Contractor - Field Inspector
    Former Contractor - Field Inspector

I worked at Mortgage Bankers Field Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomous work environment and schedule. As long as the sun is out, you can work whenever you want.

Cons

You get paid 6+ weeks after you complete any work. The pay itself isn't great, but if you were paid at least biweekly, it wouldn't be so bad. You get about $5 per house inspection, sometimes $10 to $15 depending if it's rush order. So it can be a neat part time job. Get off work at 5? Go do a couple inspections, make an extra $20-$30 that day. But because it takes 6 weeks to get that pay, it feels like you're working for free.

Advice to Management

Change the pay schedule. I understand that maybe clients don't pay you quickly, but you should realize that since your inspectors are using their own vehicles that they should get paid a little quicker.

Mortgage Bankers Field Services Response

Jul 26, 2018 – President of Operations

We appreciate the feedback. Just like you, other inspectors like the freedom of working for themselves on their own schedule. As you experienced, we consistently pay our inspectors twice a month... More

"Sub Contractor for mortgage companies"

Current Contractor - Mortgagae Inspector in Marietta, GA
    Current Contractor - Mortgagae Inspector in Marietta, GA

Pros

You can make your own hours. You can bring your kids with you if you need to. You met interesting people. See places in you town or city you have never been. You can have more family time. Great for work for having extra money for vacations, retirement, and for rainy days. Once you are doing inspections out of pocket expenses are no worries. If you need help your rep is very helpful, and will work with you. I love this job and I wish I started soon and I don't plan on giving it up.

Cons

You pay for things out of pocket as supplies, and gas for vehicle. You work in bad weather at times.

Advice to Management

My rep Lillian **:) is great. I love working with her and she is always works well with me when I need help or day off. The Lady's in Loss Draft department are great too. If I have any trouble they are there to help me. Thanks :)

4. "Waste of time"

Current Contractor - Field Inspector
    Current Contractor - Field Inspector

I have been working at Mortgage Bankers Field Services as a contractor

Pros

Autonomous work environment. Self paced.

Cons

The App that is required to complete jobs is inconsistent at best. A seasoned inspector would have a difficult time completing inspections with this app. Company is not located in the state that inspections are completed, communication is difficult for this reason. Management is completely disconnected from the 'field'. Many inspections are in difficult to find/and or complete areas. There are concerns about safety on the inspections, which is to be expected in this line of work, of course. However, the management is so disconnected, they cannot relate to the issue. When inspections are not completed to the expectation of the management, (even when things are out of your control with the app) you will not be paid. Inspections are routinely reassigned from one inspector to the next without notice. This means that you may complete an inspection, have it in your que, and not be able to upload it fully. Therefore, your work goes unpaid. Again, the management seems to be so disconnected, there is no realization of how negatively this can affect the field inspector.
    Overall, I would not recommend this company for field inspections. There are many options out there for this line of work. Avoid this one.

Advice to Management

Each member of management should be required to complete no less than 30 days in the field in an effort to be able to connect and find a full understanding of what the field inspectors are up against on a daily basis.

Mortgage Bankers Field Services Response

Jul 26, 2018 – President of Operations

We appreciate your comments and agree with the general substance of your concerns. Inspection work at times is unpredictable and inspectors do encounter varied homeowners or neighbors, inclement... More