Mortgage Connect Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Jeff Coury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Room to move up if you work your tail off"

Current Employee - Online Search Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Online Search Team Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Reasonable compensation if you fight for it

- Annual performance/compensation review

- Hard work gets noticed by management

- Extremely useful skills applicable elsewhere in industry

Cons

- Draconian IT policy

- Workspace customization discouraged

- 401K matching is extremely frugal

- Annual downsizing during Jan-Feb lull in banking business means you had better not be the weakest link in your department

Advice to Management

Allow desktop customization and match more than 20% of 401K contribution. Allow headsets and music at people's workspaces.

"Sister Company Inspire Closing Services was a Mistake....so was the director!"

Former Employee - Closing Team in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Closing Team in Irving, TX

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your only peace is when you can get out of the door for your 10 minute break, or your hour lunch break. You can do research yourself once you get home but the training regiment they have at the Irving location is bogus.

Cons

Your co-workers understand that they management staff is a joke, from the directors down to the team leads....they hire friends, family members, which leaves all other employees to train themselves. No protocol is the same for all employees, if the directors friend has an issue with hours and its overlooked then then you better not have the same issue, you will pay for it.

This is probably the most micro-managed job on earth....while the directors leave for "family emergencies" at least once a week....everything is monitored from how long you spend in one application down to the 10 minute breaks we are only allowed to have which is again...a joke.

Advice to Management

Directors need to understand that they are just people, we all put our pants on one leg at a time, no one walks on water, and no one can make miracles happen. Be humble. You are there supervise the work flow, not adults who have children and managed to hold down a normal job without being hounded or attacked verbally.

3. "Management all from other well known Title Company! HUGE MISTAKE!"

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers and that's all. They are the real backbone! If it wasn't for them, we would all go crazy and this place would be pure chaos.

Cons

Everything besides co workers, that leaves the management, team leads, HR, owners, and even the strict 10 minute breaks which sucks for the smokers and walkers just trying to stretch and refresh the brain.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly. Stop the Dirty Underhanded treatment to employees to fit your favorites needs. Sister comes in not knowing anything and gets whatever she wants. All the management came from the other company with you (speaking to you Jeff) (owner). They were a mess and now this company is a mess. I started to see the truth behind the company when Christmas came around. Management got thousands for a Christmas bonus and the people that bust their behinds everyday got complete crap. $100, $50, and even $10!!! What kind of bonus is $10? That is a slap in the face. If I would have been given a $10 bonus I would have packed up and left right that minute. Why didn't you just spit in their face? You let a manager go because their was "no need" for that position and then you turn around and replace her with a different manager from the street that doesn't know anything. Your HR is worthless too. So many people have made complaints and they are made to feel they are the problem instead of actually looking into the problem and trying to fix it. I hear my co-workers express their unhappiness daily and it's sad there is nothing I can do or even approach my manger about it. I wish the worse for this company. Just close and give me a severance already!

4. "Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time

Pros

Casual work attire
    Can wear headphones

Cons

Senior management is amazingly clueless. Directives and requests from senior management need filtering through lower employees for understanding and desired outcomes.
    No defined processes - it's either fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants or management will institute a process without consulting whether it can be realistically completed or not.
    Unprofessional work environment.
    Subject to layoffs at a moments notice.
    Unrealistic work to personal time expectation.
    Inferior IT infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Consult on projects to be sure what is required can be delivered and understand what it is you're asking for. Don't put employees in impossible situations. Maintain a professional work environment.

5. "Worst place I've ever worked. Terrible and archaic management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to enjoy every third vacation day that you have, at least for a little bit before your manager calls you desperately for help

Cons

- Long hours (including on scheduled days off) with below industry-standard pay
    - Awful and utterly clueless executive management
    - Outdated systems and technologies - not a place to grow your career
    - Extremely stressful due to unrealistic business demands and non-existent communication channels between business and IT
    - Seriously, I would flip burgers before coming back to this place

Advice to Management

Get rid of the awful technology executive team. Take some time to acknowledge the problems your software engineering team faces. You'd think the huge turnover rate especially among the only talented employees you had would indicate that your company has big issues, but I'm willing to bet arrogance and cluelessness are getting in the way of reality.

6. "Closing Department"

Former Employee - Closing Department
    Former Employee - Closing Department

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co Workers were nice. There were not too many other pros. I'm required to put 20 words in this review.

Cons

Massive lay offs. They hire too many people in the fall of 2016, then they just laid off 200. They tell you that you are doing great, they promote you and then lay you off. I was always in fear of losing my job there. They also let go of some of the most talented people they had.

Advice to Management

Learn to train employees better for the department they are in. Act more professional. Don't be so secretive about what is " really" going on there.

7. "Mortgage Connect"

Current Employee - Fax Back Coordinator in Monaca, PA
    Current Employee - Fax Back Coordinator in Monaca, PA

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, and good management

Cons

Not much room to move forward

Advice to Management

No real advice, everyone is friendly and helpful

8. "Good Luck"

Former Employee - Closer in Aliquippa, PA
    Former Employee - Closer in Aliquippa, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick to hire & most co-workers friendly/helpful (with proper training and experience). Unfortunately the turn over leads the latter low to ground.

Cons

Unorganized training, management & communication. Overall unexplained changes, unfair & unethical practices all over.

Advice to Management

Get basic training manuals for each position. Set protocols and standards fair to all. Learn how to manage professionally. Communicate & implement new procedure/tasks, Communication and organization while hiring will save all parties in wasted time.

9. "Uninspired /Sister company INSPIRE"

Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in Hopewell, VA
    Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in Hopewell, VA

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no pros at all unless you want to re-live your high school years with the mean girls club and the class clowns.

Cons

Lack of knowledge from Managers, account executives, team leads

Advice to Management

Clean house from management on down. Act professional. This place needs an overhaul. People on cell phones and Facebook. Which in training we were told about this. There are to many chiefs. Workers that are hired have no knowledge of what is going on after countless training.

10. "Vendor Management"

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my coworkers and the help they provided. I also found the company food days were very nice.

Cons

They over higher for months ,then layoff the lower paying reps. Stated orders were slow, maybe they should look at the number of chiefs you have , and their over payment . So what they will do is layoff then pay overtime to pick up the extra work, to those who aren't salary.

Advice to Management

I know you have heard this over and over from your profile. Wise up before you have no company. I think this applys to Inspire ,you sister company.