Mortgage Contracting Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Caroline Reaves

Pros
  • Good Benefits, some smart people (in 6 reviews)

• easy work and great people to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, High stress, large work load, few advancements (in 5 reviews)

• Most Directors, Team Leads and APCs have to get second jobs just to get by (in 5 reviews)

1. "NEW EMPLOYEE AT MCS"

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MCS is a great company to work for with a lot of career advancement opportunities. The pros of MCS is the flexible work schedule from the very first day, voluntary overtime opportunities, and people who want to see you succeed. Additionally, MCS boost employee moral with the team building activities and once a month activities with the entire company. It's a great laid back place to work I would definitely recommend working here!

Cons

The cons would be training for your particular job role. Training class provides a broad overall picture of the job responsibilities of an Asset Preservation Coordinator but I would recommend after providing the overview to incorporate more detailed training on the job roles so the employee feels confident on day one and has a clearer understanding on what they need to do. Additionally, pay increase for entry level should be improved as the job is very demanding and one should be compensated more.

Advice to Management

Management should be more involved on the on boarding process of new employees to get them settled in to their roles and being more present to ensure the new employee is getting the adequate assistance to succeed at their job.

2. "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Accounting Support Trainee in Ruston, LA
    Former Employee - Accounting Support Trainee in Ruston, LA

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule for part time, Paid time off, great people. Advancement opportunities. Overall great work experience and learned a lot of relevant skills.

Cons

Monotonous, poor pay, some managers micromanage, working on Sundays for part timers, really not a lot of cons, just an overall great experience with them.

3. "Everything you would expect from a corporate office job."

Current Employee - Data Entry in Ruston, LA
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Ruston, LA

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very relaxed, easy environment to work in and the facility is really clean.

Cons

After a while, it becomes very monotonous. The pay is not the best for a part-time role.

Advice to Management

My management is really not that bad. Don't be afraid to call people out on their laziness.

5. "Great company with fun employee events!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time

Pros

Very focused on employee benefits and events.

Cons

Clients can sometime be tough on employees. There are great clients, but there are a few that are downright mean.

"Good career foundation"

Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Ruston, LA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Ruston, LA

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

opportunity to build your resume while in college. they promote from within.

Cons

the job is production driven.

"Regional Account Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Lewisville, TX

Pros

Upper management gives you all the tools you need to be successful. Team building exercises are done often to build moral. Great healthcare, and pay, also I believe they have some kind of program to even pay for some of your school.

Cons

For some of us its a desk job, and with that comes all the undesirable things about setting behind a desk.

Advice to Management

Cell phone policy is strict but some employees do actually work from our phones so maybe find some tweaks to it?

"Excellent Compnay"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Tampa, FL

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Leadership truly cared for the people of the organization.
    Very pleasant place to work with good office amenities.
    Often time there were opportunities for OT
    The Holiday breakfast was an excellent opportunity for the staff and leadership to meet one another. Also there were a lot of great give aways.
    MCS is a leader in the industry and it always felt that the company was on solid financial groudns

Cons

I would have liked to been more closely aligned with the core leadership team in Dallas

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of the staff and leveraging their hands on experience to drive strategic innovation and decisions

"APC"

Current Employee - APC in Ruston, LA
    Current Employee - APC in Ruston, LA

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, in house promotions, bonus opportunity, monthly raffles, fun events, great during college, flexible hours

Cons

can be stressful, repetitive work

Advice to Management

continue to mentor, inspire, and show your appreciation. A little can go a long way.

"Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the people and company I worked for they gave me the opportunity to grow in my career and trusted my judgment with personnel and clients. The company was always willing to listen when it came to processing flow improvements or revenue saving philosophies. Always treated fairly and with compassion if family issues overlapped work responsibilities. the diversification of the company is proof of these statements

Cons

It can get a little stressful at times sometimes it pays to keep it light and pass through

Advice to Management

Keep the philosophy that got you here

11. "Everyone contributes to the success of MCS!"

Current Employee - Management in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Lewisville, TX

Pros

MCS is a results-driven organization with a dedicated leadership team. MCS offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) plan with a generous match, an annual performance review program, casual dress code, a focus on health and wellness programs to promote a healthy lifestyle and well-being, a year-end bonus opportunity where employees get to participate in the company's success, employee appreciation events, monthly town hall meetings with giveaways, and employee recognition such as the service awards presented at the annual employee breakfast where employees get to participate in a drawing for great prizes. MCS offers career growth and promotional opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and deliver strong performance.

Cons

Holidays due to the industry-driven schedule

Advice to Management

The power of thanks.