Morton Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Morton Consulting Reviews

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Morton

1. "On tIme, on target with a personal touch"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

I've worked with Ashley, David, Reid and Tracy for nearly 2 years and they have placed me on two great contract assignments. They really took the time to make sure the fit was aligned for me and the client. They stay in touch regularly to make sure things are going as expected.

The Morton team does nice things for their contractors, like send holday cards, gifts and flowers for certain occasions. This personal touch keeps you feeling like you are part of the organization and not just borrowed talent. What I really appreciate are the check-ins just prior to contract renewals/endings. If it is time to start a new assignment, they are on top of things well before your end date. They keep you working and work with you on schedules and preferences. They also present top talent with competitive rates.

Morton keeps up with best practices in the industries they represent and are open to suggestions and recommendations. They have treated me well, kept me in the loop on changes or concerns. Everyone on staff is very professional, polished and personable. I enjoy working with Morton and look forward to a continued fruitful, professional relationship with them.

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Consider a Managed Services model to keep your top talent on the roster for shorter termed projects or focused client solutions.

2. "This is THE IT Staffing firm to join!"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Richmond, VA

I worked at Morton Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Morton Consulting treats their team employees very well! I had worked for Morton for nearly 3 years where the commission plan far outweighs any of the previous IT Staffing firms Ive worked for. There are team outings and other bonus type perks that make each person feel like they are apart of a family. If you ever need something, all you have to do is ask. If you need to vent, management is always willing to listen. Each team member is willing to help out however possible and give any ideas or support if needed. The management is always willing to listen to new ideas and see how the best ones can get implemented to further the success of the team and the company. Not to mention, management is interested in your opinion about company and team changes.

Cons

The on-boarding process for new hires needs to have a process. Currently it is unstructured with outdated technology. While most firms have used systems like "e-Sign" to complete paperwork, Morton has people print off all their paperwork.
    You may hit the ceiling in your career and have no where to go. But they are comfortable with hearing your feedback and seeing how they can help you progress where you would want to be in your personal success.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon your internal team's knowledge. Build a process within your back office to make it more efficient.

3. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Desktop Support in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in Richmond, VA

Pros

Meghan has been trying to place me for sometime now, and we finally found a great fit. She NEVER lets me sit and wait to find out if a company wants to move forward or not, and she always works hard to get me placed.

Cons

Can't think of any to be honest.

Advice to Management

Promote Meghan!

5. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Morton Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment! We have a work hard play hard mentality, and a job well done never goes unnoticed!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

6. "Recruiters - Professional and Well Represented"

Former Contractor - Job Seeker in Richmond, VA
    Former Contractor - Job Seeker in Richmond, VA

I worked at Morton Consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very thorough in vetting and explanation of jobs being submitted for
    Honest
    Competitive Pay
    Good follow up and communication without being bothersome
    Decent benefits

While seeking employment, I worked with a recruiter (Glassdoor will not let me name her), and she was an excellent representation of professionalism for her company. As a veteran contractor, I appreciated her blend of follow through while not being overly demanding; she was very considerate of my time and availability. Highly recommend.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great staff.

7. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Contractor - Senior Network Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Network Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Morton Consulting as a contractor

Pros

I have worked for Morton Consulting for several months now on contract to a large energy company. The experience has been great, they found position that was a great fit for me. They check in regularly to see how things are going and are always available to answer any questions I have.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. "An excellent services support company."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Morton Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent working relations with support staff and management.

Cons

Large share should go to consultants.

Advice to Management

More involvement with clients could expand business.

9. "Highly professional company and staff. Very good reputation in the Richmond area."

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Morton Consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Experts at matching job specifications with qualified candidates. Great follow-through to closure on positions. Very accessible for assistance, guidance or questions. Great option for benefits.

Cons

None experienced during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Morton Consulting part-time

Pros

I have been working with Morton for 7 months now and they have been such a supportive company. They were able to place me in a job that was a perfect match for me and are always checking in to see how things are going. Morton makes sure that their employees are happy and makes those personal touches to make sure I know they appreciate the work that I do for them.
    All the recruiters at Morton are friendly and welcoming and are always available to answer any questions you may have. Morton is a great company to work for and I highly recommend them!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to show your employees you appreciate what they do!