Mosaic Community Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Richardson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

Expanding company, employees care about clients

Cons

Can feel overworked at times due to company expansion

Advice to Management

Have more open communication (or as open as possible) to encouraage employees and educate about changes coming.

2. "residential counselor"

Pros

good team environment
    Great starter company

Cons

none keep up the good work mosaic

3. "Overall decent place to work"

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

-large organization so you can move or transfer jobs if needed
    -cares about the clientele

Cons

-pay is not great
    -becoming almost too large of an agency so you can get lost in the shuffle

Advice to Management

Try to retain the employees more. If you know someone is in school for a related advanced degree, try to groom them to want to apply for a position within the agency.

4. "N/a"

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

The population they service

Cons

No cons get work place

"Residential Counselor"

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Towson, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients, some good/caring staff members, good amount of down time depending what shift you work. Easy job for the most part. Good benefits for industry.

Cons

Horrible management and upper management, all managers and higher ups are friends so if you have a complaint it never gets anywhere. Company is always involved in ethical dilemmas and puts staff in tough situations all the time. Extremely high turnover rate. Most staff don't stay full time past one year, supervisors are untrained and underpaid along with the rest of the staff. Many supervisors involved in romantic and sexual relationships with other staff and sometimes clients. No security even after numerous attacks from clients on staff. Little to no room for advancement into positions that pay more than 30,000 per year. NO COMPANY MORALE AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Pay better, hire more experienced staff, take complaints seriously, take safety seriously.

6. "Decent Place to Work"

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

Good management, Town Hall meetings where the CEO will take questions/comments. I really enjoy working with my co-workers and clients.

Cons

Tons of paperwork, but it is necessary. High burnout leads to high turnover though its really not too bad.

7. "Unorganized, lack of communication from upper management, absolutely not client centered"

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back work environment, flexible hours, decent benefits, working with clients is rewarding, many centralized locations in the Baltimore area

Cons

Unorganized, not client centered, pay is not competitive, upper management has zero communication skills, lack of communication from other locations

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff.

8. "Residential Counselor. It was very fulfilling to help the clients, but the staff needs work."

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Westminster, MD
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Westminster, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved being able to help clients in any way I could, and it was very fulfilling when clients made it evident how much they appreciate you.

Cons

Sometimes (unfortunately too often) had to make medical decisions for the client, and that made me extremely uncomfortable, considering I am not licensed in any way to make such decisions. Medication management is a huge part of the job, and I always felt super uncomfortable because I felt like a nurse should be monitoring medications.

By the way, THERE IS NO SUPERVISION. You are COMPLETELY ON YOUR OWN. there is an on call supervisor that is supposed to be available by phone or text if needed, but there were quite a few instances where the supervisor would not answer the phone, so I had to make a decision on the fly, and if it turned out to be wrong, I would get blamed for it, when really the supervisor should've ANSWERED THE PHONE.

I did not like being the only staff on site during my shift. There should be at least one other coworker, in case something goes terribly wrong. I also feel there should be trained security onsite, in case a client gets physically aggressive and possibly dangerous. The lives of the clients are completely in your hands, and that's a lot of pressure.

I will admit that I made mistakes during my time at Mosaic, but the upper staff often expected me to know certain things that were not common knowledge, that should've been explained to me when I was hired or during training, and I would find myself in situations where I truly did not know what to do. And again, if a supervisor is not answering the phone, you're on your own.

Paid Time Off: often, having this benefit was useless because the majority of the on call staff are either college students who have classes during your shift, or people with other full time jobs. You have to "secure coverage" before asking your supervisor for the time off. It was a hassle every time. So, work life balance was often nonexistent. Good luck planning vacations.

Note: the job description on Mosaic's site is not telling the whole truth about what you're about to get yourself into. If you're interested in this position, and get asked to interview, make sure you ask them to explain to you in detail what you will be doing. I did not do this, because I thought I had a good grasp on what I would be doing, and I was horribly wrong. For the work that I did, $12 an hour is a JOKE.

Advice to Management

Increase the hourly wage to at least $15 to $20, and more supervision. Better communication is desperately needed.

9. "Holidays"

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

They are flexible with your hours

Cons

Mosaic doesn't have any holidays off. Employee has to use their own accrued time to have off on holidays.

10. "Childrens programming"

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

The company is large with many different programs/locations.

Cons

There are very few children's programs, which is my area of focus.