Mosaic Direct Support Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Direct Support Associate

Create your profile to get personalized information

Mosaic Direct Support Associate Reviews

Updated Nov 5, 2019

3.8
Mosaic President and CEO Linda M. Timmons (no image)
Linda M. Timmons

"A lot of patience is needed."

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Osceola, IA

I have been working at Mosaic part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Friendly Open Responsible Co-Workers A lot of open hours opportunities

Cons

Requires to work on some holidays.

Mosaic2019-03-04
  2. "Get Out What You Put In"

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate

I have been working at Mosaic part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

evening and weekend hours to supplement other income

Cons

You have to plan your shifts accordingly so you don't get mandated to stay. Other agencies pay more per hour.

Advice to Management

If your main "selling point" to employees is that we concentrate on respecting and serving those with disabilities, remember yourselves to respect and serve your employees. As a Christian organisation, remember that the high must become the meek and serve others in order to continue the mission.

Mosaic2019-11-05
  3. "Not as reliable as they used to be"

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate

I have been working at Mosaic full-time

Pros

One of the better companies in Terre Haute for taking care of the handicapped.

Cons

They are not reliable, and full-time is only 32 hrs a week, and you only get paid 10/hr even if you have years of experience. As far as I know they never give raises.

Mosaic2019-09-17

"Disappointing Management"

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Mosaic part-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved getting to work and help amazing people with all kinds of disabilities. Training is extensive and very thorough.

Cons

I trained for a month and was really excited to start. My manager just dropped me off with my client without all the proper programs set up. I spoke to several different higher up managers and felt like all my concerns for my client were dismissed. I genuinely felt bad for my client for Mosaic dropping the ball, they deserved a lot better.

Advice to Management

After employee training I think there should be better follow up.

Mosaic2017-10-28

"Disorganized Business that abuses their employees"

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Forest City, IA

I worked at Mosaic part-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are flexible if you are hired on as a sub. This allows you to have more control over your schedule, or work during the summer months if you are a student.

Cons

If you are part time or full time there is no flexibility with your schedule. They are constantly short staffed, and holes are left on the schedule until the day of. If they are unable to find staff to cover those shifts staff are forced to stay and work until a replacement can be found. This leads to 16 hour days, which is impossible for anyone who has kids or attends school. This also happens too often to be... considered a rare occurrence. This makes the job a place where staff dread coming in because they do not know if they will be able to leave. Staff cannot plan a life outside of work, which leads to a quick burnout rate for employees. They also only offer annual raises that are 2% of your gross income. This will barley cover inflation, therefore staff make less the longer they work here. Due to staff shortages they will search for managers from outside of the company rather than promoting staff that have worked there for years.

Advice to Management

N/A

Mosaic2017-09-20
  6. "Direct Support Associate"

Direct Support Associate in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Mosaic for more than a year

Pros

Loved the people I worked with

Cons

hard to work up in the company

Mosaic2016-06-28
  7. "Great mission!"

Direct Support Associate in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Mosaic

Pros

Client centered, great managers and overall focus as a company.

Cons

An overall understaff of direct support staff, making long hours a norm. Supportive coworkers always got me through!

Mosaic2016-05-10

"Mosaic in Nevada, Iowa"

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Nevada, IA

I worked at Mosaic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to work with amazing individuals , create friendships, enjoy the community and have a set schedule. You are encouraged to get out and do things outside of the home you work in

Cons

The communication at this job is very poor. Upper management seems unorganized and fails to inform employees of upcoming events/training until the last minute. Frequent policy changes. Management state they take direct support staff concerns seriously, but follow through states otherwise. Management does not respect the time of others, they're more concerned with getting shifts covered so they do not have to... fill in and work them.

Advice to Management

Respect for employees time and availability would get you better results in staff retention. People feel they are unheard, not taken care of, and left out in the cold when they feel they need help.

Mosaic2016-04-10

"Part time direct support associate"

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Beatrice, NE

I worked at Mosaic part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with great clients Opportunities to get CNA or med aide Flexible scheduling

Cons

Easy to burn out Easy to get overworked if you aren't heavily assertive Very little knowledge of the intellectual disabilities of clients by staff

Advice to Management

More training on intellectual disabilities so the clients are more understood More team building More communication with staff

Mosaic2016-02-13

"Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated"

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Mosaic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady hours on a rotating bi weekly schedule, if you luck out there are some great staff, and get to help people.

Cons

Management and office politics are ridiculous. Their bottom line is what you can do for them. Office people always threatening write ups if you do something they do not like. Favoritism is a daily thing.

Advice to Management

Be more about respect. Make it a team situation. Follow your values that you always recite. Appreciate the people who work for you, especially the ones you always go to for extra help.

Mosaic2016-02-18