Mosaic Life Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 3, 2017

2.0
Dr. Mark Laney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, the people are great to work around there are always options to change job titles within mosaic (in 8 reviews)

• Work-Life balance, great benefits and flexibility (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Mark Laney is a joke and does not know about work/life balance, they (in 6 reviews)

• has been some lay-offs recently by newly hired upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Catty"

I worked at Mosaic Life Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, especially health insurance.

Cons

Higher level employees did not always do the higher level work. The supervisor played favorites. The supervisor's friends had the better jobs even though they were not qualified or capable of doing their jobs. Other employees did their work for them and they took the credit. Effort was never appreciated and it was impossible to get a promotion when it was deserved without being one of her best friends.

2. "Great job,"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Mosaic Life Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, plenty of hours, room for career advancement

Cons

After the transition to 12 hour shifts there was no room for flexibility with schooling, caddy nursing staff, management did not care for PAS team at all, short staffed and can be stressful working AND TRAINING alone.

3. "Does Mosaic really care about you????"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Mosaic Life Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Lot's of OT
    2. Some of the benefits are good
    3. For Saint Joseph, Mo. it's alright, town is low paying

Cons

1. Taking all the perks away.
    2. Understaffed everywhere.
    3 Low pay, you have to work lot's of OT to make any money.
    4. Poor management. They like to bully and play favorites. ( Ben in Housekeeping)
    5. CEO Dr. Mark Laney is a joke and does not know about work/life balance, they
        want you to work all the time, it's about Mosaic and not your family
    6. CEO Dr. Mark Laney, doesn't eat the food that is made there, he has his brought
        in, food sucks!!!

Advice to Management

Bring back the perks, better pay, better benefits, work/life balance that you talk about, take care of the people that work for you, the so-called Board, needs to get rid of Dr. Mark Laney, or cut his pay, perks and benefits!!!!

4. "Site Manager"

I worked at Mosaic Life Care full-time

Pros

My staff was wonderful. The idea behind Mosaic was great too, just not executed well.

Cons

Upper management did not seem to be educated in what actually happens in the clinic on a day-to-day basis.

Advice to Management

Educate yourselves and spend time in the areas you are trying to control. Invest in your good employees.

5. "BLAHHHHH"

Current Employee - RMA in Liberty, MO
    Current Employee - RMA in Liberty, MO

I have been working at Mosaic Life Care (Less than a year)

Pros

Drug Rep lunches almost every day
    Interesting patients

Cons

Limits and under pays the role of a Registered Medical Assistant
    DRAMA!!

Advice to Management

You should allow RMA's to do the same duties as a CMA... We went through the same exact curriculum so we should not be looked down on...

6. "Disappointing"

Pros

Salary
    Staff is mostly dedicated and kind
    Buildings are beautiful

Cons

Leadership
    Bullying in the work place

7. "Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Mosaic Life Care (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of good people to work with and salary ranges are fair.

Cons

There could be more support at the leadership level for new employees.

"It used to be a great place . . ."

Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Critical Care RN in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Mosaic Life Care (More than 5 years)

Pros

I spent a career total of 6 years here, 5 of them were great. Cafeteria and gift shop were off payroll, numerous classes to take, plenty of time for orientation, rich learning environment, learned mostly by hands on, excellent communication with physicians l, nurses, and other staff. My particular unit has amazing teamwork and we took care of each other and treated the new staff like they were our own. Physician call list easy to access. Cafeteria had multiple selections as far as food items. Campus rather easy to navigate, with guest services in tow to help when needed. Can't forget the coffee shop downstairs which also took payroll deduct!!

Cons

The last 6-8 months of my 6 years there took a gradual bad turn. I was being pulled into the office for random minute details, such as forgetting ice water, and being told I didn't update a patient and their family about their care when there was nothing that had changed. I was unfortunately targeted by leadership regarding these minor issues, yet I never harmed or deteriorated a patient's status. It broke my heart. I was also told I was "ditzy" by an associate team leader and I was offended. Being told I wasn't doing my job by the opposite shift when they proceeded to raise their voice to me in the hallway and turn the heads of others, how disrespectful! I never thought I would ever be treated this way and thrown under the bus by the opposite shift, who whined about the prettiest things, god forbid if I asked them to give a med for me because the patient was nauseated or if appropriateness wasn't there. I was ultimately written up after written up, and I couldn't voluntarily leave at the time due to commitments, ultimately I was terminated. I still can't believe how little transpired to be treated like this. Leadership did not care to hear what I had to say regarding any of it. I really thought I was going to do longer nursing career there. It makes me so sad.

Advice to Management

Stop targeting your experienced staff! HCAHPS isn't everything! I will never forget how badly I was treated!

"Site Manager"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at Mosaic Life Care (More than a year)

Pros

The caregivers I worked with were wonderful. I was respected in my clinics and enjoyed training and mentoring new employees.

Cons

There was not much room to advance. Administration was not very organized and did not communicate well. The pay was not good - it was not even close to being competitive.

Advice to Management

Please do your research before building and opening any more clinics. Spend days, weeks, months in the trenches with the front line workers so you know how things are actually running and what needs to be changed.

"It's not so much healthcare as the appearance of healthcare. The business is more concern about image than healthcare."

Pros

Free coffee and Tea, employee support services, nice work setting, good health insurance, management enjoys more perks and bonuses

Cons

Management is too focused on poll numbers and cookie cutter approaches to treatments. Too concerned about keywords and not actual healthcare delivery. Front line employees have wages that are in the bottom 10 percent to 19 percent compared to the national average. Management appears bloated and receiving wages and other compensations way above the national average.

Advice to Management

You can't please everyone. Regardless of what you say to a client they are going to rate you according to their scales not yours. Focus more on retaining good employees and delivering quality healthcare to clients. That will raise your scores more than keywords.