Mosaic Sales Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mosaic Sales Solutions Chief Marketing Officer and President Kevin George
Kevin George

1,106 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay for an entry level job" (in 94 reviews)

• "flexible scheduling great pay cool people to work with" (in 68 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Field Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always keeps you in mind for future projects in your area

Cons

Work is sometimes more than originally explained

2. "Brand Ambassador"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, managers motivate/give positive feedback often

Cons

Sporadic events, several people to deal with in management

Advice to Management

Beef up communication between departments

"Working for mosaic"

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities. Fair pay. Flexible hours

Cons

Communication was lacking. since we never went to the office all communication was through email and sometimes very vague

Advice to Management

Have better communication

4. "Fantastic gig if you are in college or have another job"

Pros

Great hourly pay, kind and caring management, easy work, reasonable goals. My position was part time sales but there are other non-sales metrics you get graded on so I feel it was a well-rounded position.

Cons

Not enough hours to pay the bills on, but you have to work every weekend. Best suited for someone who needs extra cash after their 9-5 job, or someone who is in school during the week.

Advice to Management

Don’t cap hours so low on part-timers! We are willing to work!

"Training Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Training Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Training Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun at times. Loads of travel if you want to see the country.

Cons

No work/life balance
    Have to be in the good ol boy club to get a promotion.

Advice to Management

Promote.
    Listen to employee feedback.
    Raises...Give raises.

6. "Market Manager"

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time

Pros

Great Pay, Great Insurance and benefits

Cons

Because you tend to be campaign to campaign, it means you have no life when you’re on.

7. "Review"

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay for retail.

Cons

It just sucks sometimes, but that’s just retail.

"Great place to gain experience, wouldn't recommend staying long"

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time

Pros

Some departments/managers offer more flexibility (i.e. working from home/remotely).
    A lot of younger people/recent grads in the office - great place to start out.
    Office is open and bright with collaboration spaces.
    Company gives back to the community and offers a lot of philanthropy opportunities.

Cons

Favoritism is very prevalent within the office.
    Oftentimes will perform work for clients before getting contracts signed.
    Generally employees are underpaid based on industry averages (company-wide).
    Raises are difficult to get.
    Benefits aren't great.

9. "Account Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So much work to be done that you will gain a lot of experience.

Cons

Lots of travel and opportunities for growth are rare. Low pay considering the number of work hours being put in.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay of people at the bottom that are doing the most work. Provide faster opportunities for advancement.

"Overall Review of the Company"

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees themselves and some of the relationships made during my time at the company. Some company events/freebies (although they have been declining alot more due to budgeting while leadership were more focus on profiting to cut funding).

Cons

Overall, there are 4 different areas that this company need to focus on to retain employees and make their company more competitive: career advancement, fair pay, decent management, offer more perks and culture engagement.

Career Advancement - this company has one of the lowest internal growth rates i've seen within a corporate environment. These would include: hiring several external people instead of promoting from within. When a manager leaves, the leadership team will either not find someone on their team to replace his or her spot or just not have a manager at all (instead, they would just pull another manager from a different team to take over the role to increase their workload while kept on the say pay rate). The massive rounds of layoffs are ridiculous and they only give 2 weeks of severance pay upon departure without notice (poor leadership to keep company on budget).

Fair Pay - I'm sure many current/former employees at this company would agree that the compensation structure here is very subpar. Being a senior here myself, the compensation rate is very below average within Chicago. It is not competitive at all unless you just graduated from college and have absolutely no experience (otherwise this maybe a great starter job for you to gain experience). And if you were given a raise (although it's very rare), it's very low to a point that it's a joke (you might as well look elsewhere). This goes in line with career advancement - some managers purposely do not want to let go of their power players on the team so they do not get a chance to advance if given the opportunity or in general favoritism. As a way to combat this, most would just look elsewhere as a escape path from the company in order to advance.

Decent Management - Management team do not give us clear goals or sometimes achievable ones because they don't have alot of experience with Acosta or Mosaic business due to lack of training. They also are typically always swamped with their own work and gives less focus to us as employees (time off, questions about work - pass the questions over to other team members instead, etc.). In addition, our department specifically treats us as numbers rather than key players (management do not trust us to do our jobs and overall creates high turn overs due to poor morale).

Offer More Perks/Culture Engagement - What happened to Weds. lunches? What happen to cold brew? What happen to company paid events? All of these are starting to decline more to free events. We used to have these perks all the time at the company before the budget crisis due to business losses which overall created several rounds of layoffs, created bad vibes of the company, took away all the perks. In general, it made everyone looking out for themselves rather than look at the future of the company (favoritism, cliches, etc.). Company morale used to be really positive when I first started. I was not surprised at all when I saw alot of company executives started to leave in 2017 and 2018.

Advice to Management

Please read above and reevaluate your company structures to have a more favorable workplace. Money shouldn't always be the first thing on your mind, employees are your greatest asset to keep the company alive and moving for the future. Don't look at us as numbers or replacements. Leadership needs to learn how to stay competitive and quality of values with top marketing companies. Grow people from within and have managers that will always support you to the end without the cliches or favoritism. This company can barely function together as a single unit without someone stabbing your back (hostile or toxic environment).

Showing 1,106 of 1,251 reviews