Mosaica Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael J. Connelly

"Marketing Manager"

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time

Pros

Exciting rewarding work with a great team

Cons

Unorganized HR and management, communication issues

Advice to Management

Talk to employees

"Hated It"

Former Employee - Kindergarten Teacher in Bay City, MI
    Former Employee - Kindergarten Teacher in Bay City, MI

Pros

Staff was very friendly and very helpful most of the time. Grades were done on the computer and each teacher had their own laptop.

Cons

Very little help with school supply money. Parents were relatively uninvolved and many students were very behind their peers academically when entering Kindergarten (didn't know any numbers or ABCs). Teachers were expected to clean and vacuum their own classrooms. Teachers were expected to follow management style teaching to the point where they wanted you to read word for word out of a manual to the students for everyday reading instruction. Very testing focused.

Advice to Management

Trust your teachers to teach.

3. "Curriculum Instructional Specialist/Assistant Principal"

Former Employee - Curriculum Instructional Specialist/Assistant Principal in Sauk Village, IL

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a great reputation for making sure that students learn all types of history and bringing it to life through it's Paragon curriculum.

Cons

I know that the Mosaica school school that I was at was not the typical Mosaica school. However, there was very little support for the Paragon curriculum, and there was even difficulty locating the curriculum. I believe this was because we were the only school in Chicago and there was no local team present to mold the school in the form of the other Mosaica schools. We also had to share a building with another school, with the same name, that caused some confusion but more scheduling conflicts because we had to share the cafeteria and gymnasium; things that have nothing to do with learning but can pose issues for learning.

Advice to Management

Stick with the model you have created, because it works. If you can not fulfill this model, don't open a school. It is a failure for the students and the faculty.

"Terrible"

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time

Pros

None. Company presently under receivership by people who aren't forth coming and honest with employees whose likelihood these jobs relied on.

Cons

This company is in the shape it is because of poor management and it's bad business practices. Brian G. Is the only exception to that.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone person in a managent position as they're all incompetent at best.

"Teacher"

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time

Pros

There was the opportunity to advance as long as the Administration liked you.

Cons

There was a high turnover for staff and administration. They did not enforce discipline. There were long mandatory hours that exceeded those of over schools.

Advice to Management

Being consistent and caring about the students and staff would help.

"Best of times, worst of time..."

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources and Special Projects in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great regional and local education and management professionals who were truly committed to quality K-12 education and providing highly effective management services.

Cons

Senior Executives lost sight of the mission, and though the management team sustained the company and, by extension, local schools; the sins of the seniors created a tsunami that could not save the company.

Advice to Management

For their failure to see the inevitable, the people responsible for the demise of this company should keep out of K-12 education management... forever.

"Freedom with poor benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Mosaica Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to teach unrestricted, collaborate freely with co-workers on what is best for the students and actually get to implement it. I absolutely loved my co-workers and the faculty as a whole, especially my boss

Cons

Pay is less than what high school graduates makes, with no track to really increase it any. Overworked with 12 hour days being the normal but its ok for the company because we are set salary. I was the 4/5th grade teacher, recess monitor, PE teacher, lunch aide, after school coordinator, and coach

9. "Mid of the road"

Pros

Hours and people you work with

Cons

Lack of communication from management.

"Missing the mark"

I worked at Mosaica Education full-time

Pros

Fun coworkers, great students, holiday schedule.

Cons

Company focused on squeezing profits instead of increasing student learning.

Advice to Management

Consider ways to provide teacher incentives instead of a revolving door.

"Another for profit education company gone :-)"

Pros

During the last 5 years of existence under the current TOP leadership, bad business decisions were made. They have now been bought out by Pansophic Learning.

Cons

Some schools will not go with the new owners leaving the families wondering what will happen to the school with no educational management team guidance in place.