Moser Consulting Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Moser Consulting Owner Ty Moser
Ty Moser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

That feeling on Sunday night where you know you have to go to work or school tomorrow? And makes your gut sink? That's NOT Moser Consulting.

Moser has done a really great job at providing all sorts of intangible benefits (Coke Freestyle machine, catered lunches on MWF, offsite company functions, charity opportunities). They also stress work/life balance -- my manager regularly checks on me if he notices my timesheets seem a little heavy.

I would disagree with one review on here that said Moser had "terrible clients" -- in my experience, and looking at others, I'd say that's not true. There are ALWAYS challenging clients, but Moser has developed some real good partnership relations with several clients.

I've always found the owners to be very open, caring, and they'll always make time for you if you need it.

The culture here is THE best I've ever seen at an employer, client, or hearing other friend's IT horror stories.

Cons

We're running out of office space for our in-house employees! Can't you buy a bigger building or create a giant Moser Tower across the parking lot? Seriously, we're getting crowded -- a byproduct of success, which isn't a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. Keep treating us like family -- cause that's how most of us feel. The culture and people are the best things here -- keep an eye on that as we continue to grow.

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sometimes it is the little things, like meals in the office kitchen, the Coke Freestyle machine, and suite tickets to a Pacers game.

Other things like high pay, cellphone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training that make Moser the best place I've worked.

Cons

Any IT consulting firm will have a problem creating culture for employees who work full time at the client site. I think Moser does a great job though of trying to make everyone feel like part of their own culture though.

Advice to Management

Increase interaction with offsite consultants as much as possible.

Moser Consulting Response

Nov 3, 2016

We very much appreciate your recognition. Our priority is our talented people here at Moser. We are currently working towards offering more offsite interactions to better serve those consultants... More

"Principal Consultant"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Management does the extra things to show that they value employees. Benefits are awesome and get better every year. Don't have to worry about politics. If you have a valuable and marketable skill and your primary client engagement ends, they will find another place for you instead of cutting you like most consulting companies.

Cons

Wish I were able to work out of the Moser office more rather than on client sites. This is because employees are treated TONS better at the Moser offices than they are at any client site.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and looking for ways to make Moser Consulting a better place. Your task here is difficult but you've shown the ability to do so in the past.

Moser Consulting Response

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We will continue to work towards creating activities and such to keep our offsite consultants engaged here at Moser. We want to make sure everyone feels part of the... More