Moser Consulting Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Ty Moser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Dream Team"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Moser Consulting is easily the best place I've worked. There are so many tangible and intangible benefits to working here. First and foremost: the owners are committed and concerned about the employees’ well-being, work environment, and marketability.

The second biggest benefit is the people I work with. I'm always amazed how everyone works as a team. For example, if I have a technical issue to solve, I can talk to some of Indiana's (and Baltimore's) best IT experts. (Seriously, another example: Big Data? Moser has some of the top brains in the COUNTRY.)

I won’t go on about the facilities at Moser – many others have spoken to how modern, cool, and awesome both locations are.

Information Technology isn’t just about technology – it’s about the people. Work hard, play hard, and bring success to our clients. That’s a pretty effective formula for building a great company. And the Mosers and team have stuck to it for twenty years. They've really build a dream team in several practice areas -- Big Data, Managed Services, Consulting... even the Admin staff here are All-Stars.

I saw other coworkers posting, so I thought I’d throw my $.02 in – I’m grateful and thankful to be working for the best company in Indiana.

Cons

Yeah, sure – there are a few. Under every Christmas tree, you usually find all sorts of cool gifts and neat toys. But occasionally, you’ll find the dreaded package of fruitcake that NOBODY wants (except maybe Weird Uncle Harold.)

Luckily, at Moser, they’ve been pretty good at “regifting” the Fruitcake to a competitor, leaving all the lucky boys and girls here with generous portions of toys and plum pudding.

Advice to Management

Keep building the Dream Team! Keep bringing in awesome clients! We've built a champion, now let's build a dynasty!

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sometimes it is the little things, like meals in the office kitchen, the Coke Freestyle machine, and suite tickets to a Pacers game.

Other things like high pay, cellphone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training that make Moser the best place I've worked.

Cons

Any IT consulting firm will have a problem creating culture for employees who work full time at the client site. I think Moser does a great job though of trying to make everyone feel like part of their own culture though.

Advice to Management

Increase interaction with offsite consultants as much as possible.

Moser Consulting Response

Nov 3, 2016

We very much appreciate your recognition. Our priority is our talented people here at Moser. We are currently working towards offering more offsite interactions to better serve those consultants... More

"Principal Consultant"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Management does the extra things to show that they value employees. Benefits are awesome and get better every year. Don't have to worry about politics. If you have a valuable and marketable skill and your primary client engagement ends, they will find another place for you instead of cutting you like most consulting companies.

Cons

Wish I were able to work out of the Moser office more rather than on client sites. This is because employees are treated TONS better at the Moser offices than they are at any client site.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and looking for ways to make Moser Consulting a better place. Your task here is difficult but you've shown the ability to do so in the past.

Moser Consulting Response

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We will continue to work towards creating activities and such to keep our offsite consultants engaged here at Moser. We want to make sure everyone feels part of the... More