Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company. Employee benefits and flexibility are top notch. They treat their employees like family. The owner works hard to be transparent and provides monthly meetings to update staff on the company's performance. I will stay with Moser as long as I'm able.

Cons

There really are no cons for Moser inclusively. At the moment, Moser is a subcontractor under a terrible prime which does impact morale and coworking opportunities with prime staff.

Advice to Management

Ty, keep doing what you're doing, your staff truly appreciate you. Team Management staff in the Baltimore office are great too - these people are working coaches with interest in everyone's well being and career longevity.

Moser Consulting Response

Jun 28, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your kind words. We value all of our employees' comments and take them to heart. Thank you for being part of our family here at Moser Consulting.

"This Company Rocks!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is all about the employee, monthly meetings to catch up on company news, awesome holiday and summer parties, great benefits, welcoming people, open door culture, and they support your career progression by getting you further training in your field and other fields of work you are interested in.

Cons

There are few entitled folks that have been around a while who sometimes complain about how they wish it were less people so they can get more benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative, ahead of the curve, and supporting those who love Moser, there are alot of us who appreciate the little and big things you do for us.

Moser Consulting Response

Jun 28, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your feed and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for being part of the Moser Family as Moser wouldn't be who we are today without all of our highly talented... More

"Poor Leadership; Clique Driven; Few Bad Apples Spoil Bunch"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for engagements to work on

Cons

Leadership
    Secretary (if she's still working there)
    Backstabbing

"Very Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training resources and opportunities

Cons

Communication could be better at times

Advice to Management

Keep your vision in front of your people.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

That feeling on Sunday night where you know you have to go to work or school tomorrow? And makes your gut sink? That's NOT Moser Consulting.

Moser has done a really great job at providing all sorts of intangible benefits (Coke Freestyle machine, catered lunches on MWF, offsite company functions, charity opportunities). They also stress work/life balance -- my manager regularly checks on me if he notices my timesheets seem a little heavy.

I would disagree with one review on here that said Moser had "terrible clients" -- in my experience, and looking at others, I'd say that's not true. There are ALWAYS challenging clients, but Moser has developed some real good partnership relations with several clients.

I've always found the owners to be very open, caring, and they'll always make time for you if you need it.

The culture here is THE best I've ever seen at an employer, client, or hearing other friend's IT horror stories.

Cons

We're running out of office space for our in-house employees! Can't you buy a bigger building or create a giant Moser Tower across the parking lot? Seriously, we're getting crowded -- a byproduct of success, which isn't a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. Keep treating us like family -- cause that's how most of us feel. The culture and people are the best things here -- keep an eye on that as we continue to grow.

"Great Benefits, Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company provided lunches, on-site gym, generous benefits package is great! The senior technical folks are top notch which makes for great collaboration. I learned so much in my time at Moser. However, as an employee of a consulting company, remember that you don't work for Moser, you work for the client. All the free food in the world doesn't matter if you are working at the client from hell.

Moser does provide training which is great. Though everytime I had a training session I still had to maintain 40hrs at the client!

Cons

Moser Consulting is a staffing agency above anything else. Moser finds contracts, then sends employees to work for that client. If you are lucky and find a great client then you are set. However, Moser has contracts with some of the worst companies in Indiana. These companies work their staff to the bone, including you. Moser takes no steps to protects it's employees. 80 hour weeks, 24/7 on-call, burnout, and mental strife are waiting for you. Please be careful when considering Moser as an employer.

You also need to watch out for the tech stack at the client. There have been a non-trivial amount of employees that essentially got locked in to old or out of date tech. This is especially detrimental to developers who want to stay on the bleeding edge. You will have a very hard time finding a client to work for at Moser that uses the latest and greatest tech.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and protect them from burning out at client sites. If an employee tells you they are losing weight because they are having troubling eating due to stress, you can't just ignore them. Stand up for your employees!

"Great Place to work and grow"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Education and training
    Room to grow
    Great Work/Life balance

Cons

None at all to provide

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting. Starts with an Owner that truly cares about his employees and looks to hire the best talent in all levels to keep the Corporate culture strong and fun,
    The product of this Organization truly is their people- and it shows.
    Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of perks. Great people to work with and a really dynamic office - esthetically and location.

Cons

Every growing business is going to have it's hiccups. Moser has had theirs but The true test of an exceptional organization is how those are addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep showing appreciation to your employees- recognize efforts and especially those who go above and beyond.

"Enjoying your place of employment-It's a real feeling!"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a place that you can look forward to coming to work every. single. day. It's the little things that make this place a dream to work for. Having the flexibility in your work day is really nice. It's pretty special to not have to take a PTO day to go to the dentist. The catered lunches and weekly grocery deliveries are just an added touch. The owners believe in their people and understand that we are not selling a product, but a service. They realize the importance of taking care of their employees that dedicate their expertise to the organization. There's no micromanaging here and this gives you the feels of empowerment and trust. It's a beautiful feeling. It's truly a big family here and I'm not sure anyone could recruit me out of Moser. Moser Consulting...it's a special place!

Cons

Maybe all the delicious food that has made me gain a few extra pounds! However, I blame myself for that and not using the amazing onsite gym to work off those extra pounds.

Advice to Management

My advice might be to improve communication, but doesn't everyone need to improve on communication? However, keep doing what you are doing from a strategic/personal perspective! You have created one heck of a place to work!

"3.5 Stars out of 5"

Current Employee - Not Provided in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Not Provided in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vast majority of employees are talented, professional, and nice to work with.
    They do support training opportunities.
    Some of the leadership allow for execution of new ideas and innovation.
    Extra perks are nice, but not why I work there.

Cons

A handful of hand-picked managers have no business managing other professionals. No idea why they are in the roles they are in.
    Lack of business development direction and, hence, opportunities for movement - whether laterally or upward.

Advice to Management

Define your niche.