Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Ty Moser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people and wonderful benefits.

Cons

Communication with in the company.

Oct 31, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to drop us a review. We are very appreciative of the feedback. Communication is a challenge from time to time and we are always working towards improving our... More

"It's a Team, It's a Family"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are tremendous. One thing that stands out for me is that I am not micromanaged. The owners believe in their employees and value them. They value your opinion, your thoughts, and your ideas. I feel empowered every single day I come to work. The people are what make Moser great! I have met some lifelong friends and for that, I am forever grateful.

Cons

I would say communication. I'm only saying communication because I think everyone in any organization could improve on communication. It's not necessarily a "con" but just something to keep improving upon.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees. Continue to believe in them. Your employees are passionate about what you have built. Moser Consulting is an amazing place to work and the place is so important to so many.

Oct 31, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for leaving us a wonderful review. We very much appreciate it and value you as an employee here at Moser Consulting. Thank you for being part of our team.

"It could have been amazing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical, dental, mental, vision, and life coverage; sporting suites, games, and concert tickets; catering a few times a week and fully stocked fridge and cabinets; onsite workout facility, ability to work on the beautifully furnished deck overlooking the water; traveling employees can use the corporate apartment... there are MANY perks to working with Moser.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism, unadressed backstabbing, a skewed bench system for consultants and a glass ceiling for admin that is visible to everyone.

People are in management positions based on personal feelings rather than merit, and as a result, areas such as Business Development, consultant relations, as well as the overall morale suffers. Individuals who are open and even eager to take on more responsibilities, learn, grow within the company, and move up are often passed over for those who are friends, family, or former family with senior management. This is across departments and everyone feels the weight and injustice thereof.

Attempts to placate employees come in the form of catered meals, gifts, and other perks, however, rather than assuaging the discomfort and low morale, it sometimes compounds it. Employees see the catered leftovers ($$) go in the trash week after week, the double and sometimes triple the amount of gifts that were unnecessarily ordered sitting in storage closets, and the amount of these items in which employees who are at client sites don't get to partake. This is frustrating because the money that could be saved by eliminating the expense attached to suites, and/or simply ordering less or accurate amounts of expensive branding and promo items and catering, could help to pad the bonus structure for consultants (which would be a huge morale boost) or create more opportunities for admin employees who are passionate and excel.

Advice to Management

Not many people really enjoy conflict or confrontation, nor does it feel good to admit that you were wrong or used poor judgement. However, that is what is necessary for the organization to thrive. Confront or fire those who are in positions due to nepotism or favoritism and show your other 200+ employees that they matter -- their talent, feelings, and concerns matter. Taking these steps will improve morale and create an army of employees who will wholeheartedly support you.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company. Employee benefits and flexibility are top notch. They treat their employees like family. The owner works hard to be transparent and provides monthly meetings to update staff on the company's performance. I will stay with Moser as long as I'm able.

Cons

There really are no cons for Moser inclusively. At the moment, Moser is a subcontractor under a terrible prime which does impact morale and coworking opportunities with prime staff.

Advice to Management

Ty, keep doing what you're doing, your staff truly appreciate you. Team Management staff in the Baltimore office are great too - these people are working coaches with interest in everyone's well being and career longevity.

Jun 28, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your kind words. We value all of our employees' comments and take them to heart. Thank you for being part of our family here at Moser Consulting.

"This Company Rocks!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is all about the employee, monthly meetings to catch up on company news, awesome holiday and summer parties, great benefits, welcoming people, open door culture, and they support your career progression by getting you further training in your field and other fields of work you are interested in.

Cons

There are few entitled folks that have been around a while who sometimes complain about how they wish it were less people so they can get more benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep being innovative, ahead of the curve, and supporting those who love Moser, there are alot of us who appreciate the little and big things you do for us.

Jun 28, 2018 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your feed and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for being part of the Moser Family as Moser wouldn't be who we are today without all of our highly talented... More

"Poor Leadership; Clique Driven; Few Bad Apples Spoil Bunch"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for engagements to work on

Cons

Leadership
    Secretary (if she's still working there)
    Backstabbing

"Very Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training resources and opportunities

Cons

Communication could be better at times

Advice to Management

Keep your vision in front of your people.

"Great Benefits, Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company provided lunches, on-site gym, generous benefits package is great! The senior technical folks are top notch which makes for great collaboration. I learned so much in my time at Moser. However, as an employee of a consulting company, remember that you don't work for Moser, you work for the client. All the free food in the world doesn't matter if you are working at the client from hell.

Moser does provide training which is great. Though everytime I had a training session I still had to maintain 40hrs at the client!

Cons

Moser Consulting is a staffing agency above anything else. Moser finds contracts, then sends employees to work for that client. If you are lucky and find a great client then you are set. However, Moser has contracts with some of the worst companies in Indiana. These companies work their staff to the bone, including you. Moser takes no steps to protects it's employees. 80 hour weeks, 24/7 on-call, burnout, and mental strife are waiting for you. Please be careful when considering Moser as an employer.

You also need to watch out for the tech stack at the client. There have been a non-trivial amount of employees that essentially got locked in to old or out of date tech. This is especially detrimental to developers who want to stay on the bleeding edge. You will have a very hard time finding a client to work for at Moser that uses the latest and greatest tech.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and protect them from burning out at client sites. If an employee tells you they are losing weight because they are having troubling eating due to stress, you can't just ignore them. Stand up for your employees!

"Great Place to work and grow"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Education and training
    Room to grow
    Great Work/Life balance

Cons

None at all to provide

"Great Company"

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting. Starts with an Owner that truly cares about his employees and looks to hire the best talent in all levels to keep the Corporate culture strong and fun,
    The product of this Organization truly is their people- and it shows.
    Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of perks. Great people to work with and a really dynamic office - esthetically and location.

Cons

Every growing business is going to have it's hiccups. Moser has had theirs but The true test of an exceptional organization is how those are addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep showing appreciation to your employees- recognize efforts and especially those who go above and beyond.