Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Moser Consulting Owner Ty Moser
Ty Moser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Enjoying your place of employment-It's a real feeling!"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a place that you can look forward to coming to work every. single. day. It's the little things that make this place a dream to work for. Having the flexibility in your work day is really nice. It's pretty special to not have to take a PTO day to go to the dentist. The catered lunches and weekly grocery deliveries are just an added touch. The owners believe in their people and understand that we are not selling a product, but a service. They realize the importance of taking care of their employees that dedicate their expertise to the organization. There's no micromanaging here and this gives you the feels of empowerment and trust. It's a beautiful feeling. It's truly a big family here and I'm not sure anyone could recruit me out of Moser. Moser Consulting...it's a special place!

Cons

Maybe all the delicious food that has made me gain a few extra pounds! However, I blame myself for that and not using the amazing onsite gym to work off those extra pounds.

Advice to Management

My advice might be to improve communication, but doesn't everyone need to improve on communication? However, keep doing what you are doing from a strategic/personal perspective! You have created one heck of a place to work!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Moser is literally one of the best places to work!
    It all starts with our owners and they are the best owners to work for. They have an open-door policy and truly care about every employee. They make sure to have the best benefits, company culture, and employees in their company. We are fortunate to have lunch catered in on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's as well as always having a stocked refrigerator and snacks. They make sure to put the right people in every position, this makes it easy to have a great team first mentality. On top of that we get to work with some of the best companies as clients. The projects are fun and exciting for our employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about everyone and enjoy your work, Moser Consulting is the place for you!

Cons

I am lucky enough to say I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you have been doing for the last 22 years. It is truly a honor to work here and looking forward to many more years here!

3. "The Dream Team"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Moser Consulting is easily the best place I've worked. There are so many tangible and intangible benefits to working here. First and foremost: the owners are committed and concerned about the employees’ well-being, work environment, and marketability.

The second biggest benefit is the people I work with. I'm always amazed how everyone works as a team. For example, if I have a technical issue to solve, I can talk to some of Indiana's (and Baltimore's) best IT experts. (Seriously, another example: Big Data? Moser has some of the top brains in the COUNTRY.)

I won’t go on about the facilities at Moser – many others have spoken to how modern, cool, and awesome both locations are.

Information Technology isn’t just about technology – it’s about the people. Work hard, play hard, and bring success to our clients. That’s a pretty effective formula for building a great company. And the Mosers and team have stuck to it for twenty years. They've really build a dream team in several practice areas -- Big Data, Managed Services, Consulting... even the Admin staff here are All-Stars.

I saw other coworkers posting, so I thought I’d throw my $.02 in – I’m grateful and thankful to be working for the best company in Indiana.

Cons

Yeah, sure – there are a few. Under every Christmas tree, you usually find all sorts of cool gifts and neat toys. But occasionally, you’ll find the dreaded package of fruitcake that NOBODY wants (except maybe Weird Uncle Harold.)

Luckily, at Moser, they’ve been pretty good at “regifting” the Fruitcake to a competitor, leaving all the lucky boys and girls here with generous portions of toys and plum pudding.

Advice to Management

Keep building the Dream Team! Keep bringing in awesome clients! We've built a champion, now let's build a dynasty!

4. "3.5 Stars out of 5"

Current Employee - Not Provided in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Not Provided in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vast majority of employees are talented, professional, and nice to work with.
    They do support training opportunities.
    Some of the leadership allow for execution of new ideas and innovation.
    Extra perks are nice, but not why I work there.

Cons

A handful of hand-picked managers have no business managing other professionals. No idea why they are in the roles they are in.
    Lack of business development direction and, hence, opportunities for movement - whether laterally or upward.

Advice to Management

Define your niche.

5. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay with great benefits. The owner walks the talk. Great company to work for,

Cons

None that I can think of

Sep 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate our employees and thank you for your kind words!

6. "Sr. Consultant"

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Moser has a wonderful culture of working with their employee to help them and the company succeed.

Cons

Moser sometimes get so focused on one type of job that they start to ignore other opportunities.

"Great Place for Ambitious Professionals"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- supportive management
    - continuing ed/training/certs paid for
    - excellent client relationships
    - high morale
    - open-minded to new ideas

Cons

Some may struggle with the level of self-direction expected, but to most that would not be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is the most positive, professional place I've ever had the pleasure to work at. Your support of our professional goals, and the challenges the biz dev team brings us through great client relationships are exceptional. I applaud the decision to provide a severance to our colleagues who had to be let go because of a client issue, rather than providing those of us who remained employed with a larger bonus. And in general we all understand it was a first-time/last-time situation, and are aware of the steps that have been taken to ensure that. Above all else, thank you for assembling a team of ambitious, but fun, professionals and facilitating our success. Very happy to be here and growing with the company!

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you so much for the review. We value all of our employees and appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank you for being part of the Moser Team!

"It is different now. Lacks leadership."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

Advice to Management

Your bench policies are killing the bonus program for people who are busting out the work. Maybe you should stop the bonus program so people don’t have any expectations for it. Stop wasting money on professional sports suites. Consider using that money and the money for the bonus program to invest in talent that can help the company at the very top. The owners should think about stepping aside and hiring someone that knows how to run an IT consulting company. It's a tough world out there so learn how to lead and make difficult decisions. Management roles should be filled with leaders that know their industry. Don’t place friends or unqualified people in roles if they are not capable. Just because someone has worked for you for years doesn’t make them management or director material. Many of these people want the title but don’t deliver in the role because you don’t hold them accountable. Stop gaming the best places to work surveys.

Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level... More

"The Best Company To Work For In Indianapolis"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides well above average access to training in addition to their excellent health, dental and vision benefits. The culture is like no other. It truly feels like you are a member of the family, not just an employee.

Cons

If I have to give a con, it would be the uncertainty inherent in consulting and contracting work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Be sure that potential customers know about the corporate culture and the caring for employees.

Apr 6, 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. We appreciate you as an employee.

"No Place like Moser"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moser is the best place I have ever worked for. Its been a growing company since I started that has maintained that small company culture feel. The employee benefits are unlike any I've seen. The owners of this company truly invest in their people and it shows. From a fully stocked kitchen, to baseball suite tickets, to access to training as needed, to an awesome Wellness program, you feel appreciated here, no doubt. The transparency of the owners in sharing the most updated status of how Moser is doing at any time is something the employees really appreciate. I feel lucky to have found Moser.

Cons

With any growing small company, communication is an area that always has room for improvement. Steps have been taken to improve this area as well though.

Advice to Management

I feel like they are invested in their employees and are doing a great job. Time will only continue to improve the processes. Keep it up. :)

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your recognition and we are thankful to have great people like you as part of our Moser Family. Thank you for your kind words.