Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay with great benefits. The owner walks the talk. Great company to work for,

Cons

None that I can think of

Sep 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate our employees and thank you for your kind words!

2. "Sr. Consultant"

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Moser has a wonderful culture of working with their employee to help them and the company succeed.

Cons

Moser sometimes get so focused on one type of job that they start to ignore other opportunities.

"Great Place for Ambitious Professionals"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- supportive management
    - continuing ed/training/certs paid for
    - excellent client relationships
    - high morale
    - open-minded to new ideas

Cons

Some may struggle with the level of self-direction expected, but to most that would not be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is the most positive, professional place I've ever had the pleasure to work at. Your support of our professional goals, and the challenges the biz dev team brings us through great client relationships are exceptional. I applaud the decision to provide a severance to our colleagues who had to be let go because of a client issue, rather than providing those of us who remained employed with a larger bonus. And in general we all understand it was a first-time/last-time situation, and are aware of the steps that have been taken to ensure that. Above all else, thank you for assembling a team of ambitious, but fun, professionals and facilitating our success. Very happy to be here and growing with the company!

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you so much for the review. We value all of our employees and appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank you for being part of the Moser Team!

"It is different now. Lacks leadership."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

Advice to Management

Your bench policies are killing the bonus program for people who are busting out the work. Maybe you should stop the bonus program so people don’t have any expectations for it. Stop wasting money on professional sports suites. Consider using that money and the money for the bonus program to invest in talent that can help the company at the very top. The owners should think about stepping aside and hiring someone that knows how to run an IT consulting company. It's a tough world out there so learn how to lead and make difficult decisions. Management roles should be filled with leaders that know their industry. Don’t place friends or unqualified people in roles if they are not capable. Just because someone has worked for you for years doesn’t make them management or director material. Many of these people want the title but don’t deliver in the role because you don’t hold them accountable. Stop gaming the best places to work surveys.

Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level... More

"The Best Company To Work For In Indianapolis"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides well above average access to training in addition to their excellent health, dental and vision benefits. The culture is like no other. It truly feels like you are a member of the family, not just an employee.

Cons

If I have to give a con, it would be the uncertainty inherent in consulting and contracting work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Be sure that potential customers know about the corporate culture and the caring for employees.

Apr 6, 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. We appreciate you as an employee.

"No Place like Moser"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moser is the best place I have ever worked for. Its been a growing company since I started that has maintained that small company culture feel. The employee benefits are unlike any I've seen. The owners of this company truly invest in their people and it shows. From a fully stocked kitchen, to baseball suite tickets, to access to training as needed, to an awesome Wellness program, you feel appreciated here, no doubt. The transparency of the owners in sharing the most updated status of how Moser is doing at any time is something the employees really appreciate. I feel lucky to have found Moser.

Cons

With any growing small company, communication is an area that always has room for improvement. Steps have been taken to improve this area as well though.

Advice to Management

I feel like they are invested in their employees and are doing a great job. Time will only continue to improve the processes. Keep it up. :)

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your recognition and we are thankful to have great people like you as part of our Moser Family. Thank you for your kind words.

"Technology Solutions Thoughtful Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Compelling leader in solutions technology.
    Thriving workforce of consultants with diverse industry knowledge - big data, cloud, security, audit, infrastructure, telephony, mobile app development, and software.
    Dub "Midwest Google" that promotes innovative, discovery, and forward thinkers.

Cons

Outgrowing office space - consider expansion.

Advice to Management

Keep innovation streams going
    Continue exploration of Marketplace potential

Nov 7, 2016

Thank you for your review. As we grow, we continue to look at future needs for expansion. Thank you for being part of Moser and our exception growth.

"Excellent employee oriented company"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moser Consulting has been an excellent company that works hard to support and build into employees through extensive training opportunities, health initiatives, service opportunities and open, communicative corporate culture.

As the company has grown in my time here they have not wavered from supporting employee personal development plans for work related training and certifications and they continue to look for additional resources to ensure their consultants are on top of the latest trends and tools that may be needed to perform their tasks.

In addition to professional support they also take care of their onsite employees with lunch multiple times a week, stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, an onsite workout room and more.

Monthly communication from upper management on the current business activity and client highlights is also a welcome feature.

Cons

If there are any challenges for the company I would say it is figuring out how to keep consultants that are onsite with customers connected back to the core culture. The monthly meetings do help in this regard but it is still a challenge that comes with employees out at multiple sites.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue doing what you are doing. Building into employees with training, communication and other perks helps employees to feel valued and respected.

Nov 7, 2016

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We pride ourselves on taking care of our employees and appreciate your recognition.

"A great company to work for"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ive had the opportunity to work for a number of companies in my 15 year career ranging from defense contractors to software startups. Moser is hands down the best company that Ive had a chance to work for. One of the best things about Moser is their commitment to continued education. Some places I have worked may buy you a book if you really need it but Moser makes huge investments in training and certifications programs. This is evident by the quality of IT professionals that Moser employs. I have yet to work with anyone that I haven't really enjoyed working with. In addition to a generous salary, Moser offers great benefits and wellness plans. Finally, Moser is a company that I can trust and that I am very proud to work for.

Cons

Working as a contractor its easy to get disconnected from your employer. We have monthly meetings where we review the monthly earnings and "big" news but I often feel like I might be missing out on opportunities that just didn't get communicated.

Nov 4, 2016

Thank you for the very positive review. Our people are our #1 asset and we look forward to seeing our employees grow within their career and time at Moser. Hopefully, our monthly newsletter will be... More

"Great Company - Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Moser seems to try and make work feel as comfortable as home...TVs to catch up on games, meals catered in weekly, coke machine, and open environment. Other bonuses are things like suite tickets to Pacers, shows and baseball.

The pay is extremely competitive and they offer other things like cell phone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training.

Cons

Sometimes the sales pipeline is slow to evolve and making those offsite employees feel more like an employee. Also, the PTO time could be better, but honestly everything is great!

Advice to Management

Just be open as possible, you have smart people working for you.

Nov 11, 2016

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve our outreach to those consultants working on the client sites. Please feel free to pass along any... More