Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Moser Consulting Reviews

Updated November 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Going to miss Moser Consulting"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Great culture and personnel. There was a real sense of belonging and respect.

Cons

Company put all of its trust in another prime and when the bottom fell out, people were left in freefall with no parachute.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing but please avoid relying on a major contract with no plan B.

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you for your feedback as we take all feedback very seriously. We work towards improving every day and value all feedback that is received. We appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank... More

"They Walk the Talk"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ty Moser cares about the people working at his company and it comes through. This is both business wise (striving to match the right consultant to the right client project and not ditching the consultant immediately if there is a glitch) and in the many extra perks he provides, such as wellness incentives, free lunches on site, and various other bonuses. I have been in the consulting world for 20 years and no company has lived their stated values as well as Moser.
    I have worked at many different companies, some privately owned. This is the first time I have ever wanted to continue with a company for as long as they will have me.
    * They have long term contracts and are building their client base.
    * They hire some of the best consultants I have been privileged to work beside.
    * They promote training that the individual is interested in or wants to grow in - not dictating what direction you must go.
    * They do not drop people immediately upon a contract ending. They work hard to find another project for those who land on the "bench". Many companies give you 0-10 working days and then you are out on the job market once more.
    * Sharing and collaboration is highly encouraged and expected. There are no "kingdoms " to protect. It is all for one and one for all.

Cons

* It is consulting - which means if a contract ends then you roll off of a paying client project. That can leave you vulnerable if you have a hard to sell skill set.
    * They are in a growth pattern - that requires flexibility on the consultant. Some people do not like that.
    * If you like or need to have a strong hand on your helm, and a lot of structure, this may not be the place for you. There is a lot of autonomy and opportunity to self-govern. You need to be a self-starter and a go getter, with a heart for helping your co-workers, the best will for the client, and collaborating for the greater good of all. That does not fit everyone. This is not really a clock in/clock out type of position. They do not often need an all-nighter, but if a co-worker is in a jam, the team pulls together and makes it happen. While this is not a regular occurrence, I have seen it happen to make a client deadline that suddenly changed.

Advice to Management

Management training for the managers - help them obtain the skill set to work and communicate with people of different backgrounds, styles, and levels of expertise. This is a lifelong learning. It should never end and should be the priority of anyone managing people. Support them in becoming the best managers in the industry with regular, high quality management training and coaching.

Jul 20, 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly value our employees and enjoy seeing our employees grow and hit milestones.

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sometimes it is the little things, like meals in the office kitchen, the Coke Freestyle machine, and suite tickets to a Pacers game.

Other things like high pay, cellphone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training that make Moser the best place I've worked.

Cons

Any IT consulting firm will have a problem creating culture for employees who work full time at the client site. I think Moser does a great job though of trying to make everyone feel like part of their own culture though.

Advice to Management

Increase interaction with offsite consultants as much as possible.

Nov 3, 2016

We very much appreciate your recognition. Our priority is our talented people here at Moser. We are currently working towards offering more offsite interactions to better serve those consultants... More

"Top of the Line in Tech Consultant Salaries!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Best pace to work! Hands down!

Cons

No cons here.. maybe that the weather in Indy is fun and evil but nothing against moser!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you! We certainly appreciate everything our employees do for Moser.

"Top Marks in a Competitive Consulting Space"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible dedication to the wants and needs of the employees. It often seems that Moser understands that being successful is a byproduct of attracting top talent and providing them incentive to stay. Moser also provides a real career path for consultants offering opportunities to grow and leverage experience without having to completely shift roles.

Cons

The current PTO plan could be a little more generous, but I understand the majority of the employees don't utilize what is currently provided. Personally I would prefer more, but to others it must not be a problem.

Nov 3, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being part of the Moser Team.

"Principal Consultant"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Management does the extra things to show that they value employees. Benefits are awesome and get better every year. Don't have to worry about politics. If you have a valuable and marketable skill and your primary client engagement ends, they will find another place for you instead of cutting you like most consulting companies.

Cons

Wish I were able to work out of the Moser office more rather than on client sites. This is because employees are treated TONS better at the Moser offices than they are at any client site.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and looking for ways to make Moser Consulting a better place. Your task here is difficult but you've shown the ability to do so in the past.

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We will continue to work towards creating activities and such to keep our offsite consultants engaged here at Moser. We want to make sure everyone feels part of the... More

"**GREAT Company ***"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Moser looks out for your interests. They provide all the necessities needed to further your knowledge. Provides technical training and seminars to enhance your skills to market towards clients.

Cons

Company is growing and we are losing some of the small company environment and dynamics...I miss that...

Advice to Management

provide more communication, more feedback on performance. Employee recognition is lacking for positive performance.

Nov 4, 2016

We appreciate your advice. We are always looking for different ways to better our communication and employee recognition. Please feel free to offer up any suggestions as we always have an open door... More

"Fun Environment, Great Work, Great People!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The environment at Moser is the best I've ever been a part of in my over-20 years in the IT industry. Not only is the corporate headquarters beautiful and full of cool facilities (like a gym, showers, cafe, and a SWEET lake-side patio/relaxation area) but the people are easily the most knowledgeable team-oriented group I've ever known. It's a true pleasure to work at Moser -- and it's an exciting time of growth and fun.

Cons

There really aren't many cons to this place compared to other companies I've worked for. The growth has been tremendous and that always brings some challenges -- but I think we've all handled them well.

Advice to Management

Heck, I don't know... Maybe open a super high-tech office in the Florida Keys to soak up the sun? The management team pretty much rocks. Good people, understanding, and they'd bend over backward for you.

Mar 2, 2016

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate our employees and the feedback they provide.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great people and mangement fun work place

Cons

I don't have any cons

Mar 2, 2016

Thank you for your review. We truly value our employee feedback.

"Business Intelligence Analyst"

Pros

Great atmosphere, good training opportunities, invested in the continuous education of their employees, good wellness plan, good health insurance, would recommend working here to anyone looking to get great experience...

Cons

Not exactly sure how to go about procuring a raise, lines of management and hierarchy are a little haphazard, transparency in projects is a little cloudy at times...

Mar 2, 2016

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and we appreciate you as an employee here at Moser. We recommend speaking to your Team Manager regarding your salary. We always have an... More