Moser Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2019

4.5
Moser Consulting CEO Ty Moser
Ty Moser

"A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ive had the opportunity to work for a number of companies in my 15 year career ranging from defense contractors to software startups. Moser is hands down the best company that Ive had a chance to work for. One of the best things about Moser is their commitment to continued education. Some places I have worked may buy you a book if you really need it but Moser makes huge investments in training and certifications... programs. This is evident by the quality of IT professionals that Moser employs. I have yet to work with anyone that I haven't really enjoyed working with. In addition to a generous salary, Moser offers great benefits and wellness plans. Finally, Moser is a company that I can trust and that I am very proud to work for.

Cons

Working as a contractor its easy to get disconnected from your employer. We have monthly meetings where we review the monthly earnings and "big" news but I often feel like I might be missing out on opportunities that just didn't get communicated.

November 4, 2016

Thank you for the very positive review. Our people are our #1 asset and we look forward to seeing our employees grow within their career and time at Moser. Hopefully, our monthly newsletter will be helpful in improving our communication.

"Great Company - Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moser seems to try and make work feel as comfortable as home...TVs to catch up on games, meals catered in weekly, coke machine, and open environment. Other bonuses are things like suite tickets to Pacers, shows and baseball.

The pay is extremely competitive and they offer other things like cell phone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training.

Cons

Sometimes the sales pipeline is slow to evolve and making those offsite employees feel more like an employee. Also, the PTO time could be better, but honestly everything is great!

Advice to Management

Just be open as possible, you have smart people working for you.

November 11, 2016

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve our outreach to those consultants working on the client sites. Please feel free to pass along any suggestions to one of our HR advisors. We really enjoying hearing ideas from our employees.

"Just A Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work and life balance. Treat their employees like you wish every company you worked for previously did. Flexible work at home if client allows it.

Cons

Can't really think of anything substantial. Glassdoor says there needs to be a minimum of 20 words here so now it is 20 words.

Advice to Management

Stay the course on what you are currently doing. You recruit excellent talent and they want to do everything to exceed client's expectations.

November 11, 2016

We very appreciate your review. Thank you for being a wonderful addition to the Moser Team.

"Rock IT"

Current Employee - Director, Practice Management in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family atmosphere with open door policy to talk to manangment. Employees pull together as a team to help everyone be successfully. Managers take personal interest in employee success. Very open communication about how the company is performing. Cafe is stocked with food and drinks to take a break with co-workers. Insurance cost are very low at $30 month.

Cons

Some of the sales is still done like a small company, not following the client relationship roadmap. Like all IT hard deadline mean that there is some times when the balance is hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you guys rock.

Moser Consulting2016-11-03

November 4, 2016

We do appreciate your time in posting a review. Our goal is to keep Moser as a family environment even as we grow. We will continue to work towards growing our sales team. Thank you for being a wonderful and long time addition to the Moser Family.

5. "Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at Moser Consulting

Pros

Good people. Great leadership. Good vision. Good work/life balance. Good compensation.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

November 7, 2016

Thank you for your review. Much appreciation!

6. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Moser Consulting provides an atmosphere that promotes and encourages individuals to be who they are. Everyone at Moser Consulting is treated as a valued member of the the team, and the relaxed, family environment is second to none. Moser Consulting truly cares about members of their team.

Cons

I would say that the food is sometimes too good, and are overly generous to us.

Advice to Management

Please continue to encourage the family culture because this is what will set you apart from everyone else.

Moser Consulting2016-11-02

November 4, 2016

Thank you very much for recognizing us! Our goal is to continue to grow, but to keep that family feel. We appreciate you being part of the Moser Family.

7. "Outstanding Company to work for!"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Moser Consulting is a great company to work for. They provide us with the necessary training to keep up with technology and enhance our skills. Ty and Paula care about their employees and provide them a great working environment and outstanding benefits.

Cons

As with any growing company there are growing pains. Trying to keep the small close company culture and growing at the same time is a struggle sometimes.

Moser Consulting2016-11-03

November 3, 2016

Thank you for recognizing us as a great company to work for. Our goal is to have our employees keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest technologies. We appreciate you being part of the Moser Team.

8. "Great Organization"

Senior Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked for Moser for 5 years and saw a lot of change throughout those years. Moser has excellent talent. Ty Moser takes great pains to ensure Moser is truly a great place to work. Can not say enough great things about the talent Moser has retained for 5, 10 and over 15 years.

Cons

Any company that goes through the growth Moser has gone through will have some hiccups. Strong practice management has helped overcome some of those obstacles.

Moser Consulting2016-11-01

November 3, 2016

Thank you for recognizing Moser Consulting and the wonderful talent we have here at Moser. We take pride in our employee retention and we thank you for your kind words and for being part of Moser.

"Contingency Planning - Recruitment Falicies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time

Pros

Recruitment and sales of Moser's strength within the IT consulting field regarding benefits and the owners ability to sympathize as an ex-consultant having been on the bench.

Cons

Not very truthful in retaining practices once a client released several Moser employees from a contract. Non of the bench-time benefits were offered and over 95% of these Moser's full-time employees were severed from the Moser.

Advice to Management

Contingency planning first and foremost - Do not go for $$$ for the sake of revenue gains when you are not positioned all around to handle the "what ifs" in a more credible way.

Moser Consulting2016-08-19

September 8, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. The technology consulting landscape is challenging and unpredictable. The risks and rewards of being a contractor are in sharp contrast to working an in-house corporate position. With this in mind, our leaders work hard to be transparent and open. The lessons learned from this experience will not be lost. We continually strive for improvement and we truly value all input received on this forum. If you would like to speak further, please contact us at hr@moserit.com.

"Going to miss Moser Consulting"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Great culture and personnel. There was a real sense of belonging and respect.

Cons

Company put all of its trust in another prime and when the bottom fell out, people were left in freefall with no parachute.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing but please avoid relying on a major contract with no plan B.

Moser Consulting2016-07-31

November 3, 2016

Thank you for your feedback as we take all feedback very seriously. We work towards improving every day and value all feedback that is received. We appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank you for being part of Moser.

Found 45 reviews