Moser Consulting Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

**GREAT Company ***

Mar 4, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Moser looks out for your interests. They provide all the necessities needed to further your knowledge. Provides technical training and seminars to enhance your skills to market towards clients.

Cons

Company is growing and we are losing some of the small company environment and dynamics...I miss that...

3 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We appreciate your advice. We are always looking for different ways to better our communication and employee recognition. Please feel free to offer up any suggestions as we always have an open door and look forward to hearing other great ideas that our employees have in mind. Thank you for being a wonderful addition to Moser.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Outstanding Company to work for!

Nov 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Moser Consulting is a great company to work for. They provide us with the necessary training to keep up with technology and enhance our skills. Ty and Paula care about their employees and provide them a great working environment and outstanding benefits.

Cons

As with any growing company there are growing pains. Trying to keep the small close company culture and growing at the same time is a struggle sometimes.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for recognizing us as a great company to work for. Our goal is to have our employees keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest technologies. We appreciate you being part of the Moser Team.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Employer I've had

Apr 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits: Stocked kitchen, wellness program, clearly defined bonus structure, training. Management all the way up to the owner are very accessible. You can voice concerns without fear of repercussions, and they care about making their customers and employees successful.

Cons

"growing pains" that would face any company, but the issues are continually monitored and corrected

3 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We appreciate your review. Thank you for being a wonderful contributor to Moser's success!

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Jan 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting. Starts with an Owner that truly cares about his employees and looks to hire the best talent in all levels to keep the Corporate culture strong and fun, The product of this Organization truly is their people- and it shows. Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of perks. Great people to work with and a really dynamic office - esthetically and location.

Cons

Every growing business is going to have it's hiccups. Moser has had theirs but The true test of an exceptional organization is how those are addressed.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Contingency Planning - Recruitment Falicies

Aug 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruitment and sales of Moser's strength within the IT consulting field regarding benefits and the owners ability to sympathize as an ex-consultant having been on the bench.

Cons

Not very truthful in retaining practices once a client released several Moser employees from a contract. Non of the bench-time benefits were offered and over 95% of these Moser's full-time employees were severed from the Moser.

10 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We appreciate your feedback. The technology consulting landscape is challenging and unpredictable. The risks and rewards of being a contractor are in sharp contrast to working an in-house corporate position. With this in mind, our leaders work hard to be transparent and open. The lessons learned from this experience will not be lost. We continually strive for improvement and we truly value all input received on this forum. If you would like to speak further, please contact us at hr@moserit.com.

6. 5.0

Technology Solutions Thoughtful Leader

Nov 4, 2016 -  in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compelling leader in solutions technology. Thriving workforce of consultants with diverse industry knowledge - big data, cloud, security, audit, infrastructure, telephony, mobile app development, and software. Dub "Midwest Google" that promotes innovative, discovery, and forward thinkers.

Cons

Outgrowing office space - consider expansion.

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for your review. As we grow, we continue to look at future needs for expansion. Thank you for being part of Moser and our exception growth.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It is different now. Lacks leadership.

Aug 31, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

10 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level. Remaining flexible in the changing marketplace is our strength, and feedback from our employees and partners helps us navigate. One of our core values is to do right by our employees, regardless of their hiring channel, especially in circumstances out of their control; even if doing what is right lowers the short, point-in-time return of the company. We invite you to reach out to your Team Manager and begin a conversation to use your ideas to the benefit of everyone. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Top of the Line in Tech Consultant Salaries!

Apr 7, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best pace to work! Hands down!

Cons

No cons here.. maybe that the weather in Indy is fun and evil but nothing against moser!

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you! We certainly appreciate everything our employees do for Moser.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

3.5 Stars out of 5

Nov 23, 2017 - Not Provided in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The vast majority of employees are talented, professional, and nice to work with. They do support training opportunities. Some of the leadership allow for execution of new ideas and innovation. Extra perks are nice, but not why I work there.

Cons

A handful of hand-picked managers have no business managing other professionals. No idea why they are in the roles they are in. Lack of business development direction and, hence, opportunities for movement - whether laterally or upward.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Most Amazing Company

Jan 26, 2015 - Senior Database Administrator, Senior Developer, Senior Sys Administrative in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about Moser is outstanding from the Leadership to the free lunches and on-site gym.

Cons

There really aren't any Cons to working at Moser.

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for being a long time contributor to the Moser company. We are successful because of our people.

Viewing 41 - 50 of 61 Reviews

Popular Careers with Moser Consulting Job Seekers

NOC Support Specialist
JobsSalariesInterviews
Database Administrator (DBA)
Learn About the Job
Senior Software Engineer (Java Developer)
Learn About the Job
Software Engineer (Java Developer)