Moser Consulting Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay with great benefits. The owner walks the talk. Great company to work for,

Cons

None that I can think of

Sep 26, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate our employees and thank you for your kind words!

"Great Place for Ambitious Professionals"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- supportive management
    - continuing ed/training/certs paid for
    - excellent client relationships
    - high morale
    - open-minded to new ideas

Cons

Some may struggle with the level of self-direction expected, but to most that would not be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is the most positive, professional place I've ever had the pleasure to work at. Your support of our professional goals, and the challenges the biz dev team brings us through great client relationships are exceptional. I applaud the decision to provide a severance to our colleagues who had to be let go because of a client issue, rather than providing those of us who remained employed with a larger bonus. And in general we all understand it was a first-time/last-time situation, and are aware of the steps that have been taken to ensure that. Above all else, thank you for assembling a team of ambitious, but fun, professionals and facilitating our success. Very happy to be here and growing with the company!

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you so much for the review. We value all of our employees and appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank you for being part of the Moser Team!

"It is different now. Lacks leadership."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

Advice to Management

Your bench policies are killing the bonus program for people who are busting out the work. Maybe you should stop the bonus program so people don’t have any expectations for it. Stop wasting money on professional sports suites. Consider using that money and the money for the bonus program to invest in talent that can help the company at the very top. The owners should think about stepping aside and hiring someone that knows how to run an IT consulting company. It's a tough world out there so learn how to lead and make difficult decisions. Management roles should be filled with leaders that know their industry. Don’t place friends or unqualified people in roles if they are not capable. Just because someone has worked for you for years doesn’t make them management or director material. Many of these people want the title but don’t deliver in the role because you don’t hold them accountable. Stop gaming the best places to work surveys.

Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level... More

"The Best Company To Work For In Indianapolis"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides well above average access to training in addition to their excellent health, dental and vision benefits. The culture is like no other. It truly feels like you are a member of the family, not just an employee.

Cons

If I have to give a con, it would be the uncertainty inherent in consulting and contracting work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Be sure that potential customers know about the corporate culture and the caring for employees.

Apr 6, 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. We appreciate you as an employee.

"Excellent employee oriented company"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moser Consulting has been an excellent company that works hard to support and build into employees through extensive training opportunities, health initiatives, service opportunities and open, communicative corporate culture.

As the company has grown in my time here they have not wavered from supporting employee personal development plans for work related training and certifications and they continue to look for additional resources to ensure their consultants are on top of the latest trends and tools that may be needed to perform their tasks.

In addition to professional support they also take care of their onsite employees with lunch multiple times a week, stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, an onsite workout room and more.

Monthly communication from upper management on the current business activity and client highlights is also a welcome feature.

Cons

If there are any challenges for the company I would say it is figuring out how to keep consultants that are onsite with customers connected back to the core culture. The monthly meetings do help in this regard but it is still a challenge that comes with employees out at multiple sites.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue doing what you are doing. Building into employees with training, communication and other perks helps employees to feel valued and respected.

Nov 7, 2016

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We pride ourselves on taking care of our employees and appreciate your recognition.

"A great company to work for"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ive had the opportunity to work for a number of companies in my 15 year career ranging from defense contractors to software startups. Moser is hands down the best company that Ive had a chance to work for. One of the best things about Moser is their commitment to continued education. Some places I have worked may buy you a book if you really need it but Moser makes huge investments in training and certifications programs. This is evident by the quality of IT professionals that Moser employs. I have yet to work with anyone that I haven't really enjoyed working with. In addition to a generous salary, Moser offers great benefits and wellness plans. Finally, Moser is a company that I can trust and that I am very proud to work for.

Cons

Working as a contractor its easy to get disconnected from your employer. We have monthly meetings where we review the monthly earnings and "big" news but I often feel like I might be missing out on opportunities that just didn't get communicated.

Nov 4, 2016

Thank you for the very positive review. Our people are our #1 asset and we look forward to seeing our employees grow within their career and time at Moser. Hopefully, our monthly newsletter will be... More

"Going to miss Moser Consulting"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Great culture and personnel. There was a real sense of belonging and respect.

Cons

Company put all of its trust in another prime and when the bottom fell out, people were left in freefall with no parachute.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing but please avoid relying on a major contract with no plan B.

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you for your feedback as we take all feedback very seriously. We work towards improving every day and value all feedback that is received. We appreciate your time in writing a review. Thank... More

"They Walk the Talk"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ty Moser cares about the people working at his company and it comes through. This is both business wise (striving to match the right consultant to the right client project and not ditching the consultant immediately if there is a glitch) and in the many extra perks he provides, such as wellness incentives, free lunches on site, and various other bonuses. I have been in the consulting world for 20 years and no company has lived their stated values as well as Moser.
    I have worked at many different companies, some privately owned. This is the first time I have ever wanted to continue with a company for as long as they will have me.
    * They have long term contracts and are building their client base.
    * They hire some of the best consultants I have been privileged to work beside.
    * They promote training that the individual is interested in or wants to grow in - not dictating what direction you must go.
    * They do not drop people immediately upon a contract ending. They work hard to find another project for those who land on the "bench". Many companies give you 0-10 working days and then you are out on the job market once more.
    * Sharing and collaboration is highly encouraged and expected. There are no "kingdoms " to protect. It is all for one and one for all.

Cons

* It is consulting - which means if a contract ends then you roll off of a paying client project. That can leave you vulnerable if you have a hard to sell skill set.
    * They are in a growth pattern - that requires flexibility on the consultant. Some people do not like that.
    * If you like or need to have a strong hand on your helm, and a lot of structure, this may not be the place for you. There is a lot of autonomy and opportunity to self-govern. You need to be a self-starter and a go getter, with a heart for helping your co-workers, the best will for the client, and collaborating for the greater good of all. That does not fit everyone. This is not really a clock in/clock out type of position. They do not often need an all-nighter, but if a co-worker is in a jam, the team pulls together and makes it happen. While this is not a regular occurrence, I have seen it happen to make a client deadline that suddenly changed.

Advice to Management

Management training for the managers - help them obtain the skill set to work and communicate with people of different backgrounds, styles, and levels of expertise. This is a lifelong learning. It should never end and should be the priority of anyone managing people. Support them in becoming the best managers in the industry with regular, high quality management training and coaching.

Jul 20, 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly value our employees and enjoy seeing our employees grow and hit milestones.

"Top of the Line in Tech Consultant Salaries!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Best pace to work! Hands down!

Cons

No cons here.. maybe that the weather in Indy is fun and evil but nothing against moser!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you! We certainly appreciate everything our employees do for Moser.

"Top Marks in a Competitive Consulting Space"

I have been working at Moser Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible dedication to the wants and needs of the employees. It often seems that Moser understands that being successful is a byproduct of attracting top talent and providing them incentive to stay. Moser also provides a real career path for consultants offering opportunities to grow and leverage experience without having to completely shift roles.

Cons

The current PTO plan could be a little more generous, but I understand the majority of the employees don't utilize what is currently provided. Personally I would prefer more, but to others it must not be a problem.

Nov 3, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being part of the Moser Team.