Moser Consulting Employee Reviews about "moser"

Updated Aug 14, 2020

4.7
Moser Consulting Owner Ty Moser
Ty Moser
Pros
  • "There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting(in 7 reviews)

• "Great benefits: Stocked kitchen, wellness program, clearly defined bonus structure, training(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't have anything negative to say about Moser(in 12 reviews)

• "As with any growing company there are growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "moser"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Moser Fosters such a warm, positive Work Environment that it excites its employees to want to work hard

Aug 14, 2020 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Involved, Collaborative Management. Career Growth Potential. Supportive, Transparent, Ownership. Work Life Balance.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Moser.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you and we are lucky to have you as part of our Family!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits, Terrible Work/Life Balance

Feb 6, 2018 - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company provided lunches, on-site gym, generous benefits package is great! The senior technical folks are top notch which makes for great collaboration. I learned so much in my time at Moser. However, as an employee of a consulting company, remember that you don't work for Moser, you work for the client. All the free food in the world doesn't matter if you are working at the client from hell. Moser does provide training which is great. Though everytime I had a training session I still had to maintain 40hrs at the client!

Cons

Moser Consulting is a staffing agency above anything else. Moser finds contracts, then sends employees to work for that client. If you are lucky and find a great client then you are set. However, Moser has contracts with some of the worst companies in Indiana. These companies work their staff to the bone, including you. Moser takes no steps to protects it's employees. 80 hour weeks, 24/7 on-call, burnout, and mental strife are waiting for you. Please be careful when considering Moser as an employer. You also need to watch out for the tech stack at the client. There have been a non-trivial amount of employees that essentially got locked in to old or out of date tech. This is especially detrimental to developers who want to stay on the bleeding edge. You will have a very hard time finding a client to work for at Moser that uses the latest and greatest tech.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Principal Consultant

Mar 10, 2016 - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management does the extra things to show that they value employees. Benefits are awesome and get better every year. Don't have to worry about politics. If you have a valuable and marketable skill and your primary client engagement ends, they will find another place for you instead of cutting you like most consulting companies.

Cons

Wish I were able to work out of the Moser office more rather than on client sites. This is because employees are treated TONS better at the Moser offices than they are at any client site.

7 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We appreciate your feedback. We will continue to work towards creating activities and such to keep our offsite consultants engaged here at Moser. We want to make sure everyone feels part of the Moser Family atmosphere that we have created here at Moser.

4. 5.0

Senior Consultant

Jun 10, 2018 - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company. Employee benefits and flexibility are top notch. They treat their employees like family. The owner works hard to be transparent and provides monthly meetings to update staff on the company's performance. I will stay with Moser as long as I'm able.

Cons

There really are no cons for Moser inclusively. At the moment, Moser is a subcontractor under a terrible prime which does impact morale and coworking opportunities with prime staff.

Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your kind words. We value all of our employees' comments and take them to heart. Thank you for being part of our family here at Moser Consulting.

5. 5.0

Best company I've worked for

Apr 15, 2016 - Principal Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sometimes it is the little things, like meals in the office kitchen, the Coke Freestyle machine, and suite tickets to a Pacers game. Other things like high pay, cellphone reimbursement, amazing Christmas party, opportunities for advancement, and a focus on training that make Moser the best place I've worked.

Cons

Any IT consulting firm will have a problem creating culture for employees who work full time at the client site. I think Moser does a great job though of trying to make everyone feel like part of their own culture though.

2 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We very much appreciate your recognition. Our priority is our talented people here at Moser. We are currently working towards offering more offsite interactions to better serve those consultants working offsite. Thanks again for your suggestion and kind words.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Jan 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting. Starts with an Owner that truly cares about his employees and looks to hire the best talent in all levels to keep the Corporate culture strong and fun, The product of this Organization truly is their people- and it shows. Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of perks. Great people to work with and a really dynamic office - esthetically and location.

Cons

Every growing business is going to have it's hiccups. Moser has had theirs but The true test of an exceptional organization is how those are addressed.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Contingency Planning - Recruitment Falicies

Aug 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruitment and sales of Moser's strength within the IT consulting field regarding benefits and the owners ability to sympathize as an ex-consultant having been on the bench.

Cons

Not very truthful in retaining practices once a client released several Moser employees from a contract. Non of the bench-time benefits were offered and over 95% of these Moser's full-time employees were severed from the Moser.

10 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

We appreciate your feedback. The technology consulting landscape is challenging and unpredictable. The risks and rewards of being a contractor are in sharp contrast to working an in-house corporate position. With this in mind, our leaders work hard to be transparent and open. The lessons learned from this experience will not be lost. We continually strive for improvement and we truly value all input received on this forum. If you would like to speak further, please contact us at hr@moserit.com.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

It is different now. Lacks leadership.

Aug 31, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

10 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level. Remaining flexible in the changing marketplace is our strength, and feedback from our employees and partners helps us navigate. One of our core values is to do right by our employees, regardless of their hiring channel, especially in circumstances out of their control; even if doing what is right lowers the short, point-in-time return of the company. We invite you to reach out to your Team Manager and begin a conversation to use your ideas to the benefit of everyone. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Top of the Line in Tech Consultant Salaries!

Apr 7, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best pace to work! Hands down!

Cons

No cons here.. maybe that the weather in Indy is fun and evil but nothing against moser!

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you! We certainly appreciate everything our employees do for Moser.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Most Amazing Company

Jan 26, 2015 - Senior Database Administrator, Senior Developer, Senior Sys Administrative in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about Moser is outstanding from the Leadership to the free lunches and on-site gym.

Cons

There really aren't any Cons to working at Moser.

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for being a long time contributor to the Moser company. We are successful because of our people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews

Popular Careers with Moser Consulting Job Seekers

NOC Support Specialist
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Database Administrator (DBA)
    Learn About the Job
    Senior Software Engineer (Java Developer)
    Learn About the Job
    Software Engineer (Java Developer)