Moser Consulting Employee Reviews about "moser consulting"

Updated Aug 19, 2020

4.7
Moser Consulting Owner Ty Moser
Ty Moser
Pros
  • "There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting(in 7 reviews)

• "Great benefits: Stocked kitchen, wellness program, clearly defined bonus structure, training(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't have anything negative to say about Moser(in 12 reviews)

• "As with any growing company there are growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "moser consulting"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Transparent, Communicative and Family-like

Aug 19, 2020 - Graphic Design Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Moser January 2020 where we opened a new office and COVID made us change how we worked a little bit. Moser Consulting is very transparent and great at communication when it comes to the company in general and in communication efforts that related to workplace safety when COVID prevented us from coming into the office altogether. Everyone is very friendly and team members will be your support if you need it. Ty & Paula are very welcoming and open to suggestions/improvements – no closed doors, so being able to talk to the owners of the company is welcomed. Aside from wonderful people and transparent communication, Moser offers employees great benefits as well as wellness benefits that allow you to do things like purchase gym memberships, financial books, workout tools, etc. Thank you!

Cons

Don't really have any at the moment :)

Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. We appreciate you and we are so glad to have you part of our growing family at Moser!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent employee oriented company

Nov 4, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moser Consulting has been an excellent company that works hard to support and build into employees through extensive training opportunities, health initiatives, service opportunities and open, communicative corporate culture. As the company has grown in my time here they have not wavered from supporting employee personal development plans for work related training and certifications and they continue to look for additional resources to ensure their consultants are on top of the latest trends and tools that may be needed to perform their tasks. In addition to professional support they also take care of their onsite employees with lunch multiple times a week, stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, an onsite workout room and more. Monthly communication from upper management on the current business activity and client highlights is also a welcome feature.

Cons

If there are any challenges for the company I would say it is figuring out how to keep consultants that are onsite with customers connected back to the core culture. The monthly meetings do help in this regard but it is still a challenge that comes with employees out at multiple sites.

1 person found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We pride ourselves on taking care of our employees and appreciate your recognition.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sales

Nov 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moser is literally one of the best places to work! It all starts with our owners and they are the best owners to work for. They have an open-door policy and truly care about every employee. They make sure to have the best benefits, company culture, and employees in their company. We are fortunate to have lunch catered in on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's as well as always having a stocked refrigerator and snacks. They make sure to put the right people in every position, this makes it easy to have a great team first mentality. On top of that we get to work with some of the best companies as clients. The projects are fun and exciting for our employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about everyone and enjoy your work, Moser Consulting is the place for you!

Cons

I am lucky enough to say I can't think of any!

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Culture

Nov 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moser Consulting provides an atmosphere that promotes and encourages individuals to be who they are. Everyone at Moser Consulting is treated as a valued member of the the team, and the relaxed, family environment is second to none. Moser Consulting truly cares about members of their team.

Cons

I would say that the food is sometimes too good, and are overly generous to us.

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you very much for recognizing us! Our goal is to continue to grow, but to keep that family feel. We appreciate you being part of the Moser Family.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Outstanding Company to work for!

Nov 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moser Consulting is a great company to work for. They provide us with the necessary training to keep up with technology and enhance our skills. Ty and Paula care about their employees and provide them a great working environment and outstanding benefits.

Cons

As with any growing company there are growing pains. Trying to keep the small close company culture and growing at the same time is a struggle sometimes.

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for recognizing us as a great company to work for. Our goal is to have our employees keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest technologies. We appreciate you being part of the Moser Team.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Jan 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many pro's about working at Moser Consulting. Starts with an Owner that truly cares about his employees and looks to hire the best talent in all levels to keep the Corporate culture strong and fun, The product of this Organization truly is their people- and it shows. Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of perks. Great people to work with and a really dynamic office - esthetically and location.

Cons

Every growing business is going to have it's hiccups. Moser has had theirs but The true test of an exceptional organization is how those are addressed.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

It is different now. Lacks leadership.

Aug 31, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s really Moser Contracting, not Moser Consulting. Pros include free food, mobile phone reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, access to training, 401k, community service and social events. The owners are nice people but they are not leaders even though they have been in business for many years.

Cons

Moser has had financial and motivational hiccups the past couple of years. The company is relying heavily on subcontracting and most of their business is tied to a single provider. A high percentage of Moser’s "consultants" are placed on projects under the single provider. They are serving as "contractors", not consultants. Behind the scenes people are growing skeptical and the excitement level has plummeted especially after the departure of high profile employees and the drastic change to the bonus program. For the ones they talk about, the company tries to spin the departures as a positive. Since 2016 the quarterly bonuses are history, dragged down by poor decisions and bench policies. One of the big missteps was how the company hired contingent contractors tied to that single provider. When the provider didn’t win a contract, Moser had to let the contingent people go which is the natural outcome but they paid these people severances! Has anyone ever heard of severances to contingent hires? This poor decision prevented the company from funding the bonus pool for its real employees and ever since that happened, the bonus program as it was known is history. The company uses the loss of the subcontract as an excuse for bonus program. Mismanagement is the real cause. You’re lucky if you got a couple hundred bucks at the end of 2016. The let go contingent contractors fared much better than employees thanks to the severance payouts. When it comes to the bench some people can be on it for months but some are cut after a short time. If the owners or a manager likes you or thinks you might be useful in the future you’re safe vacationing on the bench. The longer a person hangs out on the bench the worse it is for the people that are working. The sales team is clueless with none having an IT background. They go after low hanging opportunities or rely on a handful of contracting contacts that don't move the needle for the company. The company is reactive, not proactive.

10 people found this review helpful

Moser Consulting Response

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. We value all of our employees and appreciate all feedback. As the company matures, we need this input as we scale the business to the next level. Remaining flexible in the changing marketplace is our strength, and feedback from our employees and partners helps us navigate. One of our core values is to do right by our employees, regardless of their hiring channel, especially in circumstances out of their control; even if doing what is right lowers the short, point-in-time return of the company. We invite you to reach out to your Team Manager and begin a conversation to use your ideas to the benefit of everyone. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Popular Careers with Moser Consulting Job Seekers

NOC Support Specialist
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Database Administrator (DBA)
    Learn About the Job
    Senior Software Engineer (Java Developer)
    Learn About the Job
    Software Engineer (Java Developer)