MosierMcCann Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
MosierMcCann Founding Partners Joli Mosier & Jordan McCann
Joli Mosier & Jordan McCann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Passionate Professionals with Aligned Shared Values"

Current Employee - Strategic Initiatives Expert
    Current Employee - Strategic Initiatives Expert

I have been working at MosierMcCann full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a MosierMcCann customer as well as an employee so here are both perspectives. The intentional selection of experts at MosierMcCann means that everyone within the company knows each consultant will succeed in providing the best experience to clients. The alignment of shared values across the company and its customers allows focus on consistently high performance, so a MosierMcCann client is always assured the work is done by a professional who is passionate about their business and about achieving their goals. The straightforward, honest manner of the principals is refreshing, and clients and consultants alike always know where they stand. In my experience as a MosierMcCann customer, this is the firm I choose for leading strategic efforts.

Cons

MosierMcCann professionals are in high demand; companies must move quickly when a MosierMcCann expert becomes available. As a consultant there is always the desire to know what the next project will be; however, I have found that MosierMcCann works diligently to match timing and opportunity for consultants so my next engagements have always been of the right kind and matched my occasional desire for downtime.

Advice to Management

Keep the shared values and vision at the forefront; it has served the company and its customers extremely well, differentiates MosierMcCann, and cannot be replicated by other firms.

2. "Small Consulting Firm"

I have been working at MosierMcCann full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A small business has many advantages and can be creative. I like having access to the owners and feeling like I can ask any questions. This is a positive thing I value.

Cons

A small business has challenges as well. I am constantly compared to other consultants with bigger companies who have access to training and resources I don't have.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the other companies, customers and employees too!

"Best Agency for Senior Consultants."

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant

I have been working at MosierMcCann as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Mosier McCann is an amazing company. They set the standard for consulting agencies providing senior level talent. They are transparent in their business practices, and promote a supportive and positive organizational culture that truly values each consultant. Mosier McCann's Account Managers are the best in the industry. They working diligently to secure the right contract to meet each consultant's working needs, whether it be long-term, short-term or in a specific industry/role.

Cons

I wish I would have found out about them sooner!

"Strategic Initiative Expert"

Current Employee - Strategic Initiative Expert in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Strategic Initiative Expert in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at MosierMcCann full-time

Pros

I have really enjoyed working for Mosier McCann. Starting with the interview process, to getting hired and now as an employee, every interaction with the company has been positive and pleasant. I have very much enjoyed the open communication style and I feel confident that any concerns that I ever have will be addressed in a thoughtful and professional manner. I believe the founders truly care about the employees of the company and are always trying to meet the needs of the employees. I was surprised to find out that they do a yearly employee survey and put together an action plan each year to address the feedback they receive. I feel that the management team truly believes in and follows the company values.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that since this is a consulting company there is always a chance that my contract could end and I might not have another contract lined up. MosierMcCann works very hard to place Strategic Initiative Experts into another contract so that there is little to no time without work. This helps alleviate those concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue to stay close to the business. Continue to listen to consultants and adjust as needed.

"Outstanding Personal Attention"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at MosierMcCann full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for MosierMcCann for three years and found them to be a unique consulting firm. The level of personal attention given to consultants as well as clients made me proud to be a member of the team. I saw a great deal of integrity in the way clients were treated. It was never about “getting the assignment no matter the cost” but always about finding the best match for the client even if it meant recommending another firm. The truly consultative approach with clients extended to me as a consultant as well. There was always a thoughtful match to my strengths and goals, with opportunities to grow. Another thing I valued was the consistently positive, can-do, and appreciative attitude of the management team. They were a joy to work with.

Cons

I can’t really think of anything substantive here related to MosierMcCann…. just the usual things that can be challenging in the consulting field in general. I think it’s pretty rare, at least in my experience, to find a work environment as consistently good as this one.

Advice to Management

Keep the rock star treatment of consultants and clients as you grow. The personal attention is outstanding.

"Destination for Experienced Professionals"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at MosierMcCann full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Among all the consulting companies out there, MosierMcCann seems to have a knack for selecting the best consultants and finding the best projects. When I was looking for consulting jobs, none of the other local firms were as transparent and honest as MosierMcCann was with me. The experiences I had with them were pleasant, professional, and compelling. I chose to work with them over the other firms I talked to and interviewed with. I stayed for 3 years, and was glad I made that decision. I left for an opportunity in a local startup, but I still recommend them as the best experience for people who want the flexibility and exposure of consulting at senior levels in local companies.

The company is run by two smart and approachable women who started as project managers themselves, so they really understand the business they're in.

As a business professional, this company is a stand-out for me, and is a model for positive culture, good business practices, and having the chance to excel at your work.

Cons

Contract jobs can be short-term, so you're thinking a lot about "the next project" in this general line of work. Sometimes that can be stressful, but it never turned out to be a problem for me. I was on 7 different projects in 3 years and didn't have downtime, but some people do as timing can be tough to line up perfectly from project to project.