Moss Adams LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Moss Adams LLP Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance flexibility to manage work life and home life (in 32 reviews)

• You learn a lot about the field within a 2 month or so window (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can suffer when busy times hit (in 22 reviews)

• Typical office politics, long hours but that's normal during busy season (in 29 reviews)

"Good company where I feel supported"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm not a CPA and I didn't know much public accounting before coming here and I’ve been pleasantly surprised since joining the firm. It’s a mid-size company that has resources available to help you to do your job but yet it’s still small enough where you can have a voice and can impact change. The updated office space is great. You can wear jeans every day, not what I would have expected from a public accounting firm. Generous PTO, all support staff and corporate office employees begin with a minimum of 20 PTO days, plus holidays. And as a working parent the flexibility makes it a great place.

Cons

There are times when you work hard but there are also times that are lighter. It all balances out.

2. "working hard!"

Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Moss Adams LLP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good experience, good co-workers, fun clients

Cons

BUSY SEASON SUCKS. You have to work too many hours.

Advice to Management

find ways to make people less busy during the summer

"Company review"

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working on complex challenging projects which helps to develop technical skills

Cons

No team culture whatsoever, management is not concerned with team members professional development and growth.

"Sacramento Office Assurance Division"

Former Employee - Assurance Services Senior in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Assurance Services Senior in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They let you work from home more than most firms do and they have a nice office.

Cons

You will be required to work extremely long hours and will be beat over the head with the budget day in and day out. You will be required to work several weekends in order to promote. The pay is extremely below market and not competitive at all. Senior auditors make around $60K a year. You will be thrown into really messy audits with absolutely no support system of any kind. Social circles have formed that are very exclusive which makes for a very isolated environment. This office is not a very constructive environment and would recommend to STAY A WAY!

Advice to Management

Be straight up with your people and don't be manipulative or play games with them. They will respect you more for that. Also, treat your people well, it may pay back dividends.

5. "Great office actually, a larger accounting firm where you can be excited to go to work"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actually trying to build a great company and environment to work in. There are many opportunities and they try to find a fit for everyone. They treat employees well and try to place their employees who decide to leave with good companies. People do actually take some vacations during the year, but people at senior manager level certainly appear to work all of the time.

Cons

It is still public accounting and a large firm. Long hours, expectations high, you must perform. They do a bad job of onboarding experienced recruits and you have to be very careful not to get on the wrong side of the real estate group, they run the office on the tax side. In short be certain to be observant and patient when you start. They start people out slowly. Even people who end up being high performers and come on experienced can have 2-3 very slow months when joining this office.

Advice to Management

Better job onboarding experienced hires, you should never hear the words well that is what I had to deal with when I started out.

6. "Great place for a career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid management. Some consulting groups are quite entrepreneurial.

Cons

Very conservative when it comes to hiring staff when we need them.

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large enough that there's interesting work, but not so large that you only learn how to do one thing and nothing else

Cons

The firm has started acting like big 4 - complete burn and turn mentality. As long as they can line partners' pockets with more money, they couldn't care less about at what cost they get there. Great place if you're like them and they indoctrinate you into their little exclusive circle. But if you have even an ounce of dignity and respect for others, they will use you for everything you're worth and throw you out...and make you feel worthless in the process. Oh and the Forum W is the biggest marketing scheme ever. You'll never make it if you're a woman, unless you compensate for it by being more aggressive and mean than even some men.

Advice to Management

Value your talent and keep your word. If you continue moving the goal post every time someone gets close to it, you will lose the heart and sole of the firm. It's already gone downhill beyond recognition. Partners in Seattle are so cut-throat, no one even trusts them anymore. You are going to lose a lot of good people in the near future because of what the culture in the firm has turned into.

8. "Short as the management."

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get experience that is valuable to a certain degree.

Cons

Experience here does not transfer to experience at the larger SEC auditors.

"Moss Adams LLP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to gain a bunch of experience working in this field. I made some really good friends and learned how to use many different Tax Software's.

Cons

The firm was really unorganized as I was constantly working with people who were unwilling to teach or just difficult to work with. Their was no work/life balance for me as I worked for three months straight without a day off. I worked about 90 hours a week for about two months as a time.

"Maas"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot in a short amount of time, if you are self motivated.

Cons

Not a high performance culture. They'll hire anyone and let people skate by.

Zero mentoring - partners and managers may even schedule it but they never show.

Advice to Management

Appreciate good employees. If you can't give raises or more reasonable hours, at least throw in small perks such as meals.