Mossberg Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 22, 2017

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alan Iver Mossberg Jr.

1. "A wonderful place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

I worked at Mossberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees have the ability to make a difference and be heard by management. There is opportunity for professional growth and advancement. The management legitimately care about their jobs and their overall impact on the company and the employees.

Cons

I honestly did not have any, it was a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve the culture and encourage others to seek a career path within the company.

2. "Friendly people with room for career growth"

I have been working at Mossberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are friendly and helpful. And if youre willing to put in the work, this can be a great place to learn and grow in your career.

And looking at the negstive reviews (and dates) i can honestly say I do not agree or see that at all. I can only assume there has been changes in the management that have improved the company. All i know is I am happy there and the people i work with seem to be as well.

Cons

Upper management not always super visible to the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication and transparency with the employees. It makes a difference

"The other reviews are right, horrible place to work. Would not recommend at any level or skill entry. Low pay, bad management &HR."

Current Employee - Design
    Current Employee - Design

I have been working at Mossberg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I would have to say a lot of the old timers that worked there are good people but thsts no longer.

Cons

Read other reviews they hit it on the head. Hired under false job titles. HR and managemnt horrible. Advoid this place at all costs. Low pay , horribly working conditions. All the people I talk to that still work there are trying to get out at any cost. The one good review was written by management and HR lol they didn't make it to obvious.

Advice to Management

Fire all and rebuild management. Need to hire the old HR. Less problem and the company made more money with the family vibe. That's long gone and they have an iron fist running the company into the ground

"Work for 3 year and I'm so happy I'm out horrible place to work!!"

Pros

The only pros of working here is leaving this place. Few good guys who work here is about the only pro this company offers

Cons

Very low pay .. Management treats employees like trash .. No work/life balance at all and will be punished if any family problems happen and need time off.. For a "family owned company" they are farthest from anything family. Shady people everywhere in the company. HR is horrible and they treat employees horribly

Advice to Management

Management is a joke in this place. HR is 2 face and will do anything to get you fired. the management team is running the company into the ground. No managerial skill for most of the people running the place and it's sad. The quality system is a joke and it shows in the product they make. I give It a few year and the company goes belly up

6. "Stay away, you will hired under false pretenses."

Pros

People for the most part are fair to work with.

Cons

No support from management to reach their goals. Complete attitude against any minority, why are they here.

"On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, rate at 3."

I worked at Mossberg full-time

Pros

Good entry level position for a new graduate.

Cons

Low Salaries, run at least 30% below competitors bottom range. Long hours-12+ per day with weekends thrown in for good measure. No support from supervisors/managers or sense of security of position.