Cover image for Motive
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Motive Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Dec 7, 2022

Found 194 of over 812 reviews

4.1
Motive CEO Shoaib Makani
Shoaib Makani

What people are saying about Motive

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1y

a

Copywriter

Imagine the best deck you’ve ever seen. Beautiful, evocative, emotive full bleed imagery. The copy is sharp, funny in places, emotional in places, but always insightful and thoughtprovoking. Imagine your partner or person you’ve been seeing creates this deck to break it off with you. How do you feel?

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Motive and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

One of the best working environments

Dec 7, 2022 - Site Reliability Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTOs - Great teammates - Challenging opportunities - Good review process - Continuous support and growth

Cons

- Gaps in calibers of different teams -- Some teams do a lot of work in comparison to a few others

Motive Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy our work environment and company perks. If you would like to provide further feedback, please contact us at opendoor@motive.com.

2. 5.0

Great Tech Company

Oct 27, 2022 - OnBoarding Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant learning of product and revenue streams

Cons

Lots of flexibility in roles and responsibilities

3. Join the Motive team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

More bad than good

Dec 7, 2022 - Commercial Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, good product, lots of tools for doing your job (zoom info, Salesloft, seismic, etc)

Cons

Training is awful or non existent. Spent hours each week in meetings answering the same questions over and over again, and never covering anything new. If you don’t get off to a good start you’re 2 months away from being shown the door. Sales directors don’t care to help, and have some of the most condescending attitudes when talking to reps.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, but needs to actually listen to their employees

Nov 23, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the people I work with are awesome and I enjoy working with my team everyday. The company offers a great product and service to many companies out there

Cons

Seems like with the company going public soon, upper management and top company executives only care about their stock price. That being said they raise quotas and expectations that are almost unattainable for the AE's. I saw this coming when I began as they hired lots of new people into the sales org and half of them left the company already because they werent able to hit their quotas giving the terrible account quality. Also this is how they lay off people they raise quotas for people so they make it impossible for them to achieve and then they can fire them instead of giving them a severance package.

6. 2.0

Hyper masculine company culture

Nov 17, 2022 - Sr. Manager IT in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are compensated well, typically well above industry. Many state of the art vendors (there's a tool for that).

Cons

Senior leadership doesn't appear to care about burning out employees or work life balance. On the one hand they speak about psychological safety and mental health, on the other, they lack clear role expectations for new joiners with immediate consequences if you don't meet unknown standards. SLT consistently demonstrate low EQ and people skills which trickles down to frontline managers. Broken promises. Yelling. Pings throughout the night. HR equivocates.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Nov 3, 2022 - Commercial SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people in the commercial segment are wonderful to work with (besides a few AE's - The SDR managers are great and do their best to keep the job as enjoyable as possible

Cons

- Most of the leads provided are total junk -Quota can seem quite unattainable at times resulting in a crazy high turnover rate -Not a ton of room for mistakes, if you don't hit quota in the first 3 months you get canned

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, Poor Communication

Nov 1, 2022 - Commercial SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great. There's a pretty good work-life balance (as long as you're hitting your numbers), and most managers are pretty laid back.

Cons

Beware of the relationships you build with management. You won't hear from them when you put in your notice or get fired. They are masking their layoffs by making their performance policy more strict and making the numbers harder to attain.

Motive Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Motive. We are growing quickly which at times presents its challenges. We are actively evaluating the performance of our teams to ensure we're hitting our goals to scale the business. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email us at opendoor@gomotive.com. Thanks again for providing your feedback.

9. 4.0

Strong Leadership

Oct 24, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The C-level effectively communicates high-level company vision to help everyone align on initiatives.

Cons

Some processes have room for better efficiency and consistency.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 4, 2022 - Commercial Sales Development Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people & easy to get promoted

Cons

Lots of cold calling and cold emailing

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Passive Aggressive Culture that wont hire you without a degree

Nov 7, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started, the people were great and there were tons of room for growth.

Cons

Yes, there are growing pains with every startup, but the treatment of the employees was horrific. A common trend is a manager who would give passive-aggressive remarks and try to halt the internal growth of their team members. This can be said for leaders on both the sales and HR sides. Additionally, upper leadership says they care about diversity, but it is very well known that they only like to hire people with bachelor's degrees. Not having a degree has now become an excuse to not hire diverse people, and that is very clear.

1 person found this review helpful

Motive Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that your experience at Motive is not living up to your expectations. At motive, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. To improve representation amongst our teams, we host and sponsor recruiting events focused on underrepresented groups to attract top talent. In the past year, we have sponsored Sistas in Sales, Techqueria, AfroTech, Women Who Code, Lesbians Who Tech, Women Impact Tech, Latinas in Tech, and Catalyst. Most importantly, our managers are regularly trained on unconscious bias, inclusive leadership, anti-discrimination, and building trust and psychological safety on teams. Your experience is not one we will tolerate and we'd like to discuss it in more detail so that we can address it and improve going forward. Please contact us at opendoor@motive.com to help us understand in more detail. Thank you again for your insight, it helps us grow and make Motive better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 194 Reviews