Cover image for Motive
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Motive Employee Reviews about "layoff"

Updated Jan 27, 2021

Found 8 of over 803 reviews

4.2
Motive CEO Shoaib Makani
Shoaib Makani

What people are saying about Motive

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1y

a

Copywriter

Imagine the best deck you’ve ever seen. Beautiful, evocative, emotive full bleed imagery. The copy is sharp, funny in places, emotional in places, but always insightful and thoughtprovoking. Imagine your partner or person you’ve been seeing creates this deck to break it off with you. How do you feel?

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Motive and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "layoff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

As good at it gets!

Sep 27, 2020 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The comp plan for AE's is the most generous I have ever seen. I am not saying it's easy to get there.... it's really hard! But man o man, 30%+ commission percentages when you're in double accelerators? Common, that's amazing! The product has FINALLY caught up to our biggest competitor and is really flying. Overall, the best part is the people. We have a great team of genuine, humble and really caring people who care about each other. List of Pros: -Best comp plan! -Amazing leadership in Mid Market sales org! -Killer product -CEO who is as honest and genuine as it gets -Caring culture

Cons

Well...there's a few. Going into the Pandemic, KT was not in a great place and made some decisions a lot of us didn't agree with. There are some people at the SR/Exec level who do not really do much of value but create "projects" for managers or valued employees to really just waste time on... The layoff at the end of March was mostly handled well and low performers were let go. That said, there were some horrible choices in there too. What really has not gotten better is Salesops. It is mismanaged, understaffed and a nightmare to deal with.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t work here if work life balance and diversity are important to you

Jan 27, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunches when we worked in the office, macbook pro, unlimited PTO So really there is only 2 pros b/c we don’t get catered lunches since we WFH now Very happy we WFH. Before Covid, KT would NEVER allow us to WFH, and made a big stink about it if we ever asked. It’s funny bc now that everyone is WFH KT had their Best Year Ever in terms of sales. Go figure - allowing employees to WFH makes them work better. KT did very well in terms of selling product. Only had 1 month in 2020 where sales decreased. The rest of the year was up and to the right. Fleet management is covid proof. KT gave us one $300 stipend to buy WFH supplies (i.e. desk and or chair) in March or April 2020.

Cons

Yes there is PTO but I still have to work on my PTO and/or on weekends. Working on PTO is due to poor staffing and poor work distribution. The entire 2 years I’ve worked at KT, they never have enough Support, OPMs, CSMs or OMs in place to have all depts work cohesively together. Sales is VERY dependent on Order Management (OM) to get our job done. March 2020 KT laid off a lot of OM reps. This caused a LOT of extra works for the OM reps who weren’t laid off, and for the Sales reps. I basically had to take more time working on orders because we didn;t have the help of OM because they were spread too thin b/c of the layoff. KT didn’t hire more OM reps until Aug/Sept 2020. Keep in mind, it takes time to ramp these OM reps. They were not fully ramped until Nov 2020/Dec 2020. Essentially we were working on a VERY strained/lean team. It was an absolute nightmare. Even though I have WFH since March 2020 due to the pandemic, this is the most overworked I have been because of these poor staffing issues. When I told my manager in October I was not comfortable working on PTO, they said it was up to me to work on PTO which sounded good until she explained that they work on PTO and work late a lot because they need too and if I want to orders to be shipped then I know what I have to do. I literally felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard spot because I had no choice but to work on PTO. And I am not the only AE who works on PTO. A lot of AEs work on PTOs and/ord weekends because of poor staffing issues with OM. In terms of diversity - all dept heads are white, males except for 1 male Chicano who is in charge of enablement. KT talks a big game about diversity and hosts speakers for black history month, women’s history month etc but it’s all for show. The reason I believe it’s for show is because all I see is white men on slack channels, email threads, and in my meetings. There are middle managers who are women, but most of them are white. In terms of the rest of the employee pool ~400 are women out of 2000 employees. Let that sink in for a minute that only 17% of KT’s workforce is women. I got that number from our diversity coordinator so that 17% is on good authority. In terms of mental health - they added Modern Health which gives KT employees 6 therapy sessions and 6 coaching sessions. Anyone who has been to therapy knows 6 sessions barely does anything to develop and work through issues. IMO, Modern Health is there for show when ppl are interviewing so KT can say they care about mental health and give employees free therapy sessions.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful

Motive Response

CEO

Thank you for sharing your feelings about your time at KeepTruckin - we read every review and take feedback very seriously. We're sorry to hear that your experience at KeepTruckin did not live up to your expectations. One of our company values is #BeTransparent and it is for that reason that we openly share our employee demographics and invite employee feedback on what we can do better. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace at KeepTruckin and have made significant progress toward our goal in the past year. While our female-identifying population is closer to 28.2% in the US, we know that we still have work to do. In the past year, we held over 30 different events focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and have partnered with organizations like Lesbians Who Tech, WomenCode, Techqueria, and more to work quickly toward closing the gender gap. We know that the only way to succeed as a company is to take care of our employees and make sure they are healthy and happy on every level. In addition to Modern Health, we hold quarterly roundtables to support our employees and offer a generous PTO policy so employees can take care of themselves whenever they need to. We realize you may have additional thoughts, and we invite you to reach out directly to opendoor@keeptruckin.com. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. -People at KeepTruckin

3. Join the Motive team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great pay, culture, WLB, smart people

Aug 12, 2020 - Senior Strategy Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

competitive pay, great product, team culture, WLB, the team is productive with smart people around. supportive management, no politics

Cons

I was concerned about the March layoff, then I realized that the business recovered these months, and KT is growing even rapidly than ever before.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mismanaged

Apr 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned something and hit a glass ceiling

Cons

Mismanaged. No mercy for H1Bs during layoff. Serial layoff. Not organized. 2 different days of interview. Worked there for close to 3 years. Laid off in 15 minutes.

16 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

STAY AWAY at all cost

Mar 24, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people i worked with were awesome! There was a sense family ties between my teammates.

Cons

Massive layoff even though we got a good round of funding. The company let go about half of its employees, regardless if they were super talented and brought value to the company. To be upfront, I did not get laid off, I decided to leave this company when I saw good people let-go. Stay away.

19 people found this review helpful

Motive Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for everything you contributed during your time at KeepTruckin. We're sorry to see you go and we wish you all the best of luck in the next phase of your career. - Ron Storn, Chief People Officer

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews