KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 198 of over 281 reviews

4.7
Motley Fool CEO Tom Gardner
Tom Gardner
Pros
  • "Fools generally make for kind, thoughtful colleagues with a very rare bad apple in the mix(in 22 reviews)

• "Relaxed and modern work environment(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Longer tenure, so Fools stay in their roles for longer periods of time(in 10 reviews)

• "Your career path is not laid out for you(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Motley Fool and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, work-life balance and culture

Cons

I have no issues to report.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Honestly Probably in It's Own League. Absolute Best place to work!

Oct 27, 2021 - Equity Research Analyst in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work/life balance, many many benefits, and lots of fun!

Cons

You don't get raises/bonuses as often. You won't have a 100k Salary as a second year, not an investment bank.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company if you fit the mold

Nov 7, 2021 - Freelance Writer in Abingdon, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company if you want to write like their other writers. Strong base pay per article with the chance for monthly bonuses. Opportunities to earn extra money through contests and no cap on articles that could be published.

Cons

Motley Fool writing style doesn't leave much room for individuality, you write copy the Motley Fool way or it doesn't get published. The difference in work during onboarding versus the real writer's queue is significant. Somewhat significant learning curve in my experience.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

A Great Place to Learn

Nov 2, 2021 - Content Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people, and a culture of sharing information/insights. I learned a ton, and went from being that person who didn’t know what an IRA is to being a dedicated buy-and-hold investor.

Cons

Editorial doesn’t pay enough, especially when you’re constantly exposed to people who have built wealth doing all kinds of other things. I personally left bc I can make a lot more money working on other content products that don’t require 1500-2500 words output a day. But word count and low rates is the nature of all editorial, not just this publisher. The bonus structure makes TMF better than most.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The good outweighs the bad

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll work with the smartest people you'll ever meet, work can be interesting/ on the cutting edge, work from home

Cons

Work can be a grind, lots of last minute fires, no predictable career path, comp si not market for skills

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really good people and wonderful company

Sep 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting from their recruitment process, it is very obvious why this company is different. the Recruitment process - Quick responses from the recruiter and HR who kept me updated every step of the way - The interview process was well thought out and accommodated my schedule. - The hiring manager was very responsive, honest and transparent - the whole team is such I have been here for a month and so far I am happy to have made the move. There are really nice people. The culture is entirely of inclusion, encouragement, and helping one succeed.

Cons

- the recruitment process was a bit long - but I was warned that it normally does take them almost 2 months - so shd not complain.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working here is like a dream

Aug 23, 2021 - SEO Content Strategist in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

WFH options Open communication from management Excellent health insurance Competitive salary Incredible investing education. Seriously floored by how much I’ve accumulated simply by learning at work and using my employee benefit of access to premium services. Great coworkers (Our hiring process is not easy—and Fools collectively benefit from that, as we are surrounded by people who really want to be here.) CEO Tom Gardner is not only brilliant and forward-thinking, but he is a sincerely kind, caring person who is passionate about making others’ lives better. True servant leader. (And I’d say the exact same thing for co-founder David Gardner—I love David’s mentality of “investing for the world you want to see.”)

Cons

We are, at the time of this review, not as diverse as we need to be. (The company is currently hard at work to create more diversity and foster inclusion among Fools. Unfortunately there’s no magical overnight remedy, but during the time I have been here, there has been a consistent and significant focus on making improvements on this front.)

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to learn investment writing

Sep 8, 2021 - Investment Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

They paid a soli rate per article. I had a great editor --learned a lot about writing well.

Cons

You have to stick to a formula for the articles. And you can't really go in-depth as it's geared more towards getting "clicks".

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Employees are treated like royalty

Jun 28, 2021 - Managing Editor in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like an abused puppy finally finding her forever home. I am blown away by how generous and supportive the company is to its employees. The compensation is great, but it's more than that: unlimited vacation time, flexible scheduling, programs for mental health and wellness, reimbursement for health and wellness, incredible insurance and dental, a system for rewarding coworkers, and just overall an encouraging and supportive environment. I didn't know it was possible for a big company to treat its employees so well, and it kind of has me waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm sure I'll be introduced to the head of the department for clubbing baby seals any day now.

Cons

Things move incredibly fast. A tool that was standard practice when I was hired, is now being phased out less than 6 months later. There's always something going on, and if you can't keep up with the pace in which decisions are made, you'll get left in the dust.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture unlike any other company

Jun 1, 2021 - SEO Content Strategist in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Fool really tries to walk the walk when it comes to company culture, more so than any other company I've ever worked for. Benefits are incredible and there is an emphasis on bringing your whole self to work everyone. Plus, you've got autonomy to work on what you're passionate about.

Cons

You might get whiplash from all the pivoting, and while the autonomy can be a good thing, it also can lead to a bunch of people working on stuff in silos and not really connecting the dots.

Motley Fool Response

Human Resources

Thank you for bringing your authentic self to work each day, Fool! We're dedicated to ensuring that all Fools have the opportunity to be autonomous and will always aim to thoughtfully and strategically improve our organizational structure to better serve our members, at scale.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews