Mountain Air Cargo Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 22, 2018

2.5
Robert G. Norton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work at!"

Former Employee - Captain
    Former Employee - Captain

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great team to work with, management is friendly and personable.

Cons

Long days at international bases, which is not too bad if you´re looking to build hours.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, sad to leave even if it´s for career progression

2. "Pilot"

Former Employee - Captain ATR in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Captain ATR in Greenville, SC

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No real cons to mention

3. "Run Away"

Former Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Denver, NC
    Former Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Denver, NC

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good parking space, clean building, far from the city, quite, some ok people

Cons

The most manipulative people you will work with, they expect you to learn everything in your first week without any help then you will be pushed to resign, they're having hard time keeping their flight dispatchers, and struggling to have flight dispatchers accept the position because of the reputation.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee with respect and don't hack and their personal phones. You saying you have a 2 weeks training where there was no training at all, and expect your employee to perform without any help from the supervisors. Follow FAA regulations the right way as in your books.

4. "Be aware"

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company, the ceo is actually very good and trying to change things.

Cons

The worst pay in all of aviation with a a&p license. Will be pressured to do things.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better

"Horrible Supervisors"

Former Employee - General Laborer in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - General Laborer in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exercise is about the only pro. They pay sounds good at first but the supervisors cheat the workers and particularly the temps from hours.

Cons

Not safe, and the supervisors try to cheat people out of time worked. The supervisors lie and manipulate the employees which then quit in numbers! I feel sorry especially for the temps that work at this location from Manpower. I have seen the supervisors pin blame on them to use them as an example to the perms. The temps and workers don’t get breaks and pick on the foreigners.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to keep the supervisors in check. The supervisors go unchecked and then people are either injured or have a mark against them from being blamed or fired. None of the supervisors care how merchandise is treated either! They tell the workers to throw the boxes like footballs being small and pick up and slam the big fragile boxes with “fragile” written on it. Bring in new management of the line workers and his boss. Also, the temps need to not to be abused anymore. Horrible place to work! Seriously!

6. "Pilot"

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time

Pros

Great place to start and get 135 time.

Cons

Wrong side of the clock.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits were ok. The CEO Rob Norton is really great and professional.

Cons

The company gets away with a lot...like working you 18 to 20 hour days in a row and then when you are sleep deprived you are expected to be at work on time and perform aircraft maintenance. Also they pressure you into getting airplanes fixed in a hurry. This company is so small so everyone gossips including upper management and they laugh and tell jokes and stories about former and current employees. And this happens at every station on the east coast not just at the main facility.

Advice to Management

Stop firing and or retiring people just because they are not in the clique or chosen circle. I've seen so many talented, experienced, good and loyal people go. Some of them had 18 to 20 years at Mountain Air Cargo! Also slow down in maintenance control and let your mechanics get the work done right and not pressure them all the time.

8. "Showing a lot of improvements"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo (More than 8 years)

Pros

They're getting better, showing a lot of advancement.

Cons

The same with other feeder companies.

"Parts Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maiden, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maiden, NC

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time

Pros

CEO is a decent and honest man. There were company picnics and holiday parties to try and boost morale. Rob Norton is a stand up man!

Cons

CEO has no idea the inner-workings of the "cliques." Everyone tends to be out to get each other, no support from management. Quite the opposite, management pushes you down instead of lifting you up. Everyone gossips! Each department is like it's own company and seem to be pitted against each other. No appreciation for employees whether you are new or been there 20 years. Management (from VP and down) enjoy making fun of employees and telling stories about employees (past and present).

Advice to Management

Since they are so "fire-happy" they could let go of most of their upper management and start fresh. Always remember, employees don't leave their job, they leave their supervisor!

"Aircraft Mechanic"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Kinston, NC
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Kinston, NC

I worked at Mountain Air Cargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking for a pro for this place is like making a positive comment about a car dealership that sold you a lemon. I'd say leaving was a positive. I gained four years of really good experience but ultimately once the parent company was bought the attitude went south.

Cons

I'm not sure of some of the fluffed reviews I read on here, which are quite comical because I know that no one out at the line stations could have wrote anything so favorable.

The day I realized it was time to leave was the day I had to witness the chief inspector leave out the door in a walk of shame with a bag of trash (His belongings). I believe he dedicated 18 plus years to the betterment of the company only to be used as a scapegoat.

Advice to Management

None