KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mountain America Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Company!!

Jul 11, 2022 - Member Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Mountain America provides a wonderful way to grow, progress and help you achieve your career goals. Managers are supportive, teams are like family and the environment is comfortable yet professional. Great benefits too!

Cons

Working Saturdays, but it's not too bad. Saturdays are busy and only open until 2:00pm, so the day goes by fast!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Place to Work

Sep 20, 2022 - Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Members and Employees first culture. Work/Life Balance is amazing! I truly feel valued and appreciated for my contributions. MACU understands what is truly important for its employees and the community.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Seriously, this is such a great place to work.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent organization to work for with strong growth opportunities

Sep 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our customers are our owners. There is never a conflict of interest between customers and shareholders, because they are one and the same. This simplifies every decision down to "What is best for the member?" The leadership cares about each employee and does everything they can (within reason) to continually improve on benefits, pay, and growth opportunities. At the same time, there are strong expectations to perform, and underperformance is addressed appropriately and quickly.

Cons

There are more reorganizations of management structures and teams than what I've typically seen at other companies. This can become a bit distracting at times.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't waste your time.

Sep 14, 2022 - Consumer Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly loved assisting the members within the credit union with their needs and making a genuine connection with those members. I had a steady source of income and the bonuses really helped too.

Cons

Unfortunately I choose to leave this company due to micro managing supervisors who cared about nothing more than unreasonable statistics and impossible sales goals. I felt as though the credit union towards the end of my departure was after nothing less than the bottom dollar and did not care about losing employees on their way to their Billion(s) dollar goal. There was a period or time Pre-covid where I truly loved my job and being at the credit union but after all the changes post-pandemic and sales pitching I would have to do, I started to dread even coming in.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They were great!

Sep 12, 2022 - Financial Service Representative (FSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

they were very kind and understanding of any conflicts I had, time off needs, and leadership was super supportive

Cons

The job was just a little boring, but Mountain America had no flaws

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Aug 30, 2022 - Assistant Vice President in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares for their employees. They continue to monitor the economy and find ways to support us as the cost of living increases. I also appreciate their dedication to employee development. I've had the opportunity to attend several great trainings this year and look forward to more.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share at the moment.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Sep 6, 2022 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great job that gives a lot of experience.

Cons

I would like to grow in my career.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture

Aug 30, 2022 - Member Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management, compensation, team environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Tech issues, overdraft charges for members

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Benefits , High Intensity Sales

Aug 23, 2022 - Financial Service Representative (FSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, flexible job options, some departments have great management

Cons

Pay , lack of consistency throughout departments

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t do it

Aug 17, 2022 - Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule in my department, lots of perks MACU bribes you with

Cons

You’ll work extreme hours- you’ll break records and make the credit union serious money (tens of millions annually) and you’ll get yourself a.l nice pizza party. Despite a record breaking year thus far, MACU decided to cut expenses during this recession by cutting salaries and wages and letting to executives. Despite it being a -record breaking year-. At MACU you are just a number. Turn over is terrible. If you worked this hard and added this much value to another company they’d pay you 6 figures, but at MACU departments get paycuts.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 422 Reviews

Mountain America Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Mountain America Credit Union has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 432 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Mountain America Credit Union to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mountain America Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mountain America Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

88% of Mountain America Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mountain America Credit Union 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mountain America Credit Union to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Mountain America Credit Union Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Mountain America Credit Union? Share Your Experiences

Mountain America Credit Union Careers

Cover image for Mountain America Credit Union

It may be our story, but it's all about you. Mountain America Credit Union first opened its doors in the 1930s with a commitment to...More

• Giving Back
  • Careers
  • Benefits
  • Financial Ed.

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

93 days ago

Company News
Congratulations to Nathan Anderson on being nominated as a 2022 CXO of the year! Nathan currently serves as Mountain America's Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer. He strives to help those around him improve, develop and reach their potential. He also enjoys guiding the future generation of Mountain America leaders to understand how to help members achieve their financial dreams. We couldn’t be more excited for Nathan’s nomination and we’re so lucky to have him! https://macu.me/nathancxo
Shared image

240 days ago

Culture
Mountain America Credit Union is honored to have been ranked #24 out of 100 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (US Large Category). We were also ranked #1 Utah-based company and #2 among large financial institutions, all thanks to our astounding employees! Interested in joining our team? To learn about our mission, culture and how we could be the right fit for you, visit: https://macu.me/MACUCareer