Mouser Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Mouser Electronics President and CEO Glenn Smith
Glenn Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Berkshire Hathaway company, so there are several perks offered (in 7 reviews)

• There was a family atmosphere and everybody is open and willing to contribute and collaborate (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There's also a high turnover rate, meaning for some reason employees come and go pretty quickly (in 6 reviews)

• Narrow advancement opportunities, low pay, poor management, and a highly political work environment (in 5 reviews)

1. "Oustanding Company to Work For"

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time

Pros

I love the family oriented atmosphere. There are lot of folks here that have several years of tenure. Love the culture, and the willingness to change. Lots of onsite perks to being here. Gym coming, nurse practitioner coming, WhichWich on site, ping pong tables, grills, Courtyards

Cons

Parking, hours, and that's really about it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Improve employee outreach, and be transparent about sales!

2. "warehouse"

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time

Pros

i really can not think of any thing good to say about mouser elect.
    for tears you get put down, no matter how hard you try to do your best.

Cons

managers and supers. have favorites that get special treatment and do not need to do the work load required. always think the worst of any one that tries hard to do the right thing.

"Treated Me Very Well"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

Management's "big picture" was included with explanations for goals and quotas. Wonderful support of the management team.
    My dept. had a very family-like atmosphere - we all helped and supported each other and other depts. when needed.

Cons

Silly meetings - basically time wasting meetings for awards, etc. that didn't relate to my department and took away valuable time I could have used to meet my daily quotas.

Advice to Management

Stop the silly meetings - basically, the same people get these awards over and over again. Please note that most people don't really care about these awards nor do they find them inspirational.

4. "Customer Service Assistant"

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Mouser for 5 years. This company has an amazing management crew. Though it is a big company the feeling of family is still a definition that comes to mind when I think of Mouser. Each person has a servants heart and values the opinion of the customers while always practicing the customer service value that the customer is always right. Wonderful people to work with and a great company to work for.

Cons

The pay is a bit low in comparison to the competition in the field, however the culture of Mouser definitely offsets that.

5. "Stocker"

Pros

Good work environment and everyone is friendly

Cons

Nothing really too harsh just the music at times

"Office Worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Laid back office environment, no super strict dress code, generous PTO, occasional employee appreciation lunches, corporate payout bonuses based on sales and overall company performance, with a gym, a Which Wich and a mini clinic on the way in 2017. A Mini Market and ATM are currently onsite for convenience. There is Plenty of room and departments to move around and work for. Not a bad place to work for people that don't want to drive to Dallas and can live on less than Dallas.

Cons

Busy, Big, Crowded, parking a country mile away from the building, unchecked water cooler talk spills into the open cubes while you're trying to work. Too many people with bad manners in crowded cube areas. If you like and need quiet to work, forget it. We have ample break areas but some people are always on break and don't bother to take their personal calls or conversations to those designated areas. If you sit next to or across from an attention seeker, earbuds are a necessity.

Advice to Management

Please take corrective action sooner than later when employees are repeatedly disruptive and have been reported as such. Also, we need more work from home opportunities for those with proven and reliable work ethic and responsibility for certain positions that can allow it. Even if it's just a few days of the month. The flexibility would be a great and welcomed relief.

7. "Industry leading compnay"

Former Employee - Director in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Committed to growth through superior customer focus and service.

Cons

Most business decisions are made from the top of the organization with little or no input from staff.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The warehouse is a great place to work. It is clean and air conditioned. Frequently the company hosts events to show their appreciation to their employees. The management team really tries to work with you.

Cons

I had to go to our VP before Shelly followed up with me on a benefit question.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and responding to your employees.

"Deceiving Company"

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time

Pros

Free Tshirts almost every three months , that's about it.

Cons

After they hire you as level 1 order puller (pulling about 8 to 10 an hour ) , shortly after that (about two months later ) ,they start pressuring you to pull more orders (about 18 to 20 an hour ) to become level 2, and if you don't , the supervisors start giving you bad weekly reports , which are not accurate because the managers manipulate the numbers to promote the employees of their choice . Some employees get moved around to different departments a lot, while others stay in one place, usually the ones that are favorite to the managers . Almost every other pick has especial Date Code requirement or you need to combine different boxes or you need to package the order in a special way , which makes it impossible to meet their quota .

Advice to Management

Treat everyone as equal and be fair . Because if you don't , what's being done in the dark will eventually come to the light .

"A toxic place to work"

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some teams that were interesting to work with, specifically the Product team and Marketing team.

Cons

My direct manager frequently excluded team members from meetings while taking credit for your hard work and your ideas.