Mouser Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mouser Electronics President and CEO Glenn Smith
Glenn Smith

Pros
  • Berkshire Hathaway company, so there are several perks offered (in 7 reviews)

• Great staff, great benefits and compensation is really good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There's also a high turnover rate, meaning for some reason employees come and go pretty quickly (in 6 reviews)

• Narrow advancement opportunities, low pay, poor management, and a highly political work environment (in 5 reviews)

1. "Office Worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Laid back office environment, no super strict dress code, generous PTO, occasional employee appreciation lunches, corporate payout bonuses based on sales and overall company performance, with a gym, a Which Wich and a mini clinic on the way in 2017. A Mini Market and ATM are currently onsite for convenience. There is Plenty of room and departments to move around and work for. Not a bad place to work for people that don't want to drive to Dallas and can live on less than Dallas.

Cons

Busy, Big, Crowded, parking a country mile away from the building, unchecked water cooler talk spills into the open cubes while you're trying to work. Too many people with bad manners in crowded cube areas. If you like and need quiet to work, forget it. We have ample break areas but some people are always on break and don't bother to take their personal calls or conversations to those designated areas. If you sit next to or across from an attention seeker, earbuds are a necessity.

Advice to Management

Please take corrective action sooner than later when employees are repeatedly disruptive and have been reported as such. Also, we need more work from home opportunities for those with proven and reliable work ethic and responsibility for certain positions that can allow it. Even if it's just a few days of the month. The flexibility would be a great and welcomed relief.

2. "Industry leading compnay"

Former Employee - Director in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Committed to growth through superior customer focus and service.

Cons

Most business decisions are made from the top of the organization with little or no input from staff.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The warehouse is a great place to work. It is clean and air conditioned. Frequently the company hosts events to show their appreciation to their employees. The management team really tries to work with you.

Cons

I had to go to our VP before Shelly followed up with me on a benefit question.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and responding to your employees.

"Driven by Fear"

Former Employee - Technical in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Technical in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some good country people who worked there.

Cons

Most of those good people have left. Anyone who is not Glen is driven by fear. If you're not into politics or your not related to Glenn, you not much.. Most people who work there live in or near Mansfield. They've put unqualified people in management positions. Glenn micromanages the company as if it's still ran by 50 people. If you're in the technical department, it's a day-by-day job.

Advice to Management

Stop running the company by fear. Hire qualified personnel and let them run the company.

"Document Control Associate"

Former Employee - Document Control Associate in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Document Control Associate in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none that I can think of. Other than the shirts that you pay for & get to wear.

Cons

You have to stand your whole shift. Not for me as they love to micro manage. Bonuses suck as we were told during training that bonuses are $15.00, not worth my time. Medical insurance is not good. They are always hiring because they have a big turnover rate. Employees there are very unhappy & they do not hesitate to let you know.

Advice to Management

Need better wages, benefits, and treat employees better.

"Customer Service Assistant"

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company with many benefits.

Cons

Be careful of training. When the group of hirees I was part of was trained, Mouser was in process of hiring a trainer to train employees. Therefore, my group was trained by different people of different departments. We would get conflicting education very often which led to my group of being let go due to not being able to fulfill job duties within probation period. The group after mine was trained by a new trainer for the trainer position and they are all still there. It was an unfair assessment the department management performed. My group began training in April 2016 and all let go by August 2016.

8. "It's been a learning experience and seen myself grow within the company throughout the years"

Current Employee - Warehouse Coordinator in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Coordinator in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is open overtime in the week and also you can grow within the company quickly and improve yourself within the company

Cons

When trying to schedule a day off and there are already certain people off and won't be able to take off. Also pay is not that great.

"FullTime Employee"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are pleasant ,helpful, and fun to work with
    Training is very good and thorough

Cons

Pay is low, raises are very sparse and in-between

Advice to Management

Recognition for hard working employees

"Make this a temporary job"

Former Employee - Stock Control Associate in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Stock Control Associate in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job is pretty easy and the pay is not terrible if this is your first job or you still live at home. Co workers are pretty cool.

Cons

.25 cent raises, only 3 holidays off a year, mandatory 10hr days, crappy bonuses. Don't expect to make any kind of decent money in any warehouse position unless you're a supervisor or manager. Cross training in various departments adds a lot of workload with no extra pay. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF JOB THAT YOU CAN MAKE CAREER OUT OF. I'd recommend this job for kids fresh out of high school or someone that is in between jobs. Warehouse management and warehouse HR is pretty useless if you ever need help with anything.

Advice to Management

Give warehouse workers more holidays, better raises/bonuses/incentives so they can be more productive. Hire new late shift supervisors that can actually motivate order pullers. Team talk was probably the worst part of the day. Appreciate the workers that put in extra hours and stop adding mandatory 10hr shifts. Angry employees are not very productive.

"Production Artist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Pros

Isolated work environment, work at your own pace

Cons

No ability to advance your career, no professional development or attempt to teach new skills to employees, barely above minimum wage pay for college graduate work

Advice to Management

Cultivate talent you've got, a lot of workers are sitting dormant with great ideas, management seems unwilling to listen to them