Movado Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Movado Group CEO Efraim Grinberg
Efraim Grinberg
Cons
  1. "Great Job and Benefits"

Former Employee - Keyholder

I worked at Movado Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great benefits for a low cost - Amazing supervisors - Wonderful job experience

Cons

- No employee discounts - Nothing else

Movado Group2019-01-22
  2. "BEST MANAGER EVER"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, IL

I worked at Movado Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Movado is a nice company to get your feet wet with higher end sales! Great for your resume. The store I worked at was quite elegant. Which I miss. Ryan B. Was my manager and he was wonderful to work for. I wish there were more management like him. I wanted to come to work because of him. Rather than hate going to work because other weak managers use fear and intimidation to make you work.

Cons

The minimum hourly needs to be increased. The percentage per sale needs to be re-designed. If you have cheaper watches in the same store, it's not fair that you get the same pay from them as you do for luxury. Making .10 after showing 15 watches and staying with the same customer for an hour is not worth it...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing sir! Never change!

Movado Group2019-08-18

"Great for those looking for decent sales experience!"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Movado Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Movado for a year or so. Learned how to sell luxury items, track customer records and follow through with sales, and how to repair watches. It's a good job for those looking for a worthwhile sales experience. Dress well, and speak like you have all the money in the world and you will be hitting those commission targets with some big buyers. The benefits are also really nice! I got a $500 watch for $4.

Cons

Little mobility, at times my manager was hostile or sexist.

Advice to Management

Hire more women.

Movado Group2019-08-03
  4. "Wouldn’t do it again"

Former Employee - Clerk in Moonachie, NJ

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits 401K plan Employee Discount Christmas Party Decent installations

Cons

Terrible Management Harassing environment from supervisors Low pay Coworkers that have been there too long and try to put you beneath If upper management does not like you there is no way you will grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Stop paying attention to what your supervisor says! Trust me they are not right all the time. Benefit of the doubt should exist.

Movado Group2019-08-15
  5. "Full time sales associate at Movado"

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able learn about the business. Decent medical benefits. Good schedule if going to school or have a second job.

Cons

Since it is commission based salary it is very competitive on the store level. If you are a new employee is is difficult to create a client base because former employees will say that all the clients belong to them.

Movado Group2019-06-30
  6. "Good company to work for"

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, good management, annual travel.

Cons

No room for growth, low pay.

Movado Group2019-03-12
  7. "So-so"

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in some departments or on some teams will allow you to take leisurely lunches, coffee breaks, and work from home as needed or arrive later than 9am if you have a situation. Benefits and discounts are okay. The reward for a lot of different events or awards often includes a watch. There used to be clubs and a buddy program to help you meet people outside of your department, but at the moment you may... need to join the activities committee to meet other people.

Cons

Transparency does not exist although it's mentioned often. You will learn a lot of information through office gossip rather than any download from department heads or communication meetings. Some departments are expected to show up and work, lunch at your desk, stay late, not much time to get to know anyone outside of those you work with directly. If it becomes abundantly clear that you and your department are... feeling overworked, you might get bagels one morning or a mandatory pizza party in a conference room. There are some company wide events which some managers will not take the initiative to invite their departments to participate in either because the manager is not very involved or they are aware their team doesn't have time to do anything other than work. Some discounts you will need to look into on your own to discover such as movie tickets, cellphone or laptop discounts, etc. so they are underused unless word-of-mouth gets to you.

Advice to Management

Don't put all of the improvement ideas on "millenials" to come up with. When "millenials" in the company do speak up, listen, don't be reactive or defensive.

Movado Group2019-02-19
  8. "Good Introduction to the Watch Industry"

Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Movado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

High pay, good benefits, slow paced, fun watches, and autonomy from upper management (depending on the region)

Cons

Upper management seems out of touch with the trends of the retail stores, customers are cheap, too many small projects

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! I would also consider compressing your brand portfolio, and getting rid of some of the junk fashion brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Lacoste). If you are cutting budget corners, then reinvest your extra capital into the retail stores. Consider reopening boutiques that focus on a limited selection of the Movado brand, and not the Movado group as a whole.

Movado Group2019-01-10

"Strange little company"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Movado Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money, nice customers, many nice people . Enjoyed selling luxury watches.

Cons

Ambiguity in policy and direction from Corporate. Old and often faulty slow systems. HR person unprofessional and lacking skills. Hard to learn when in a one store market. Often managing yourself with schedule vs task needs. Cannot leave store if 2 people on. KPI does not reflect actual statistics reviewed on.

Advice to Management

Need clear concise training that encompasses all tools needed to complete job. Store Managers should be able to use store cameras and see P and L results. Inconsistent rates of pay for associates experience and no ability to make decisions as a SM. Background checks eliminate 80% of applicants making it extremely hard to hire. Little or no company support.

Movado Group2019-01-21
  10. "Customer Service Intern"

I have been working at Movado Group

Pros

-Great work environment -Great experience for intern role

Cons

-No room for growth -Job can get boring

Movado Group2018-09-26