Movado Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Movado Group President, CEO, and Director Efraim Grinberg
Efraim Grinberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work Life balance is the best thing about working at Movado (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits, opportunities to advance, incentives for performance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Underpaid and there is no real room for growth in IT (in 3 reviews)

• There is no growth or succession planning and they will hire from the outside (in 4 reviews)

"Movado Co. Store - I enjoy working for Movado but it is not somewhere I would want to stay after I graduate."

Current Employee - Third Key in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Third Key in San Marcos, TX

Pros

Sales experience, well known product, networking with great clientele, small staff size, fun and laid-back work enviroment, hourly wage is extremely competitive compared to similar retail stores in the area.

Cons

No raises, commission bonus plans do not adequately reward sales associates from smaller revenue stores even if they are consistently hitting their monthly budgets. Outdated inventory system can be frustrating and administrative staff tend to be condescending to line level employees and store level managers. I feel like they think they are in a more prestigious position than what they really are, and are slow to go out of their way to help track down product and transfer product.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to realize that quick decisions that are not thought through well, can result in exponentially more work for line level staff and store-level mangement. Put yourself in the shoes of a store manager before you significantly alter his/her daily responsibilities regarding budget, paperwork, and enforcement of new policies.

Allow store managers to run their stores how they want, including time-off, daily scheduling, lunch allowances, budgets, and access to the computer and internet.

"Great environment. Low pay"

Former Employee - Media Coordinator in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Media Coordinator in Paramus, NJ

Pros

I worked in the media department and my boss was excellence
    Allowed employees to make suggestions
    Open door policy. As long as you did your work well there was never a complaint

Cons

Pay. Almost everyone except for senior management seemed to be under paid.

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Being a small to mid size company this was a great place to work and people are very approachable and friendly.

Cons

Low salary and health benefits

4. "Great professional place to work !"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Movado Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very professional company. Room for growth. Professional environment. Great product. Awesome commission structure.

Cons

Benefits not as solid as other company's. Product flow can be slow at times. Merchandisers should listen and be open to Store Manager ideas more often.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people they know the business. Change the store layout every now and then to give a fresh look to the "same old product".

5. "A great place to start a luxury sales career."

Pros

It is an Awesome environment to work in. Great entry level sales positions in the luxury retail market. Management is very helpful and very understanding. the great thing is the company is small so everyone knows everyone.

Cons

lunch breaks are small. budgets for stores are set extremely high, if not met have to hear upper management complaining. commission is horrible!!!

6. "great company"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Movado Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management does an excellent job of making employees feel like part of the team. They try to offer the support necessary to be successful in your role with Movado. Movado and Movado Licensed Brands are established and respected in the industry. Consequently, there is a lot to learn about brand development and representation in the retail space.

Cons

Because it is a larger company, sometimes communications can get crossed. Especially during peak business months like December. During these periods, communication requires a bit more attention and follow up. Unfortunately, it seems the opportunity for growth is limited in this role.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Great place to gain experience, not a lot of growth potential"

Current Employee - Intern in Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Intern in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Movado Group part-time

Pros

I am currently working as an intern here, and overall it is a great place for interns. For one, they pay you - which is rare in internships. Definitely not your aver coffee and copies internship, you get real experience, and gain useful knowledge to utilize later on. Super flexible with hours (mine change every semester), and even though you're a part time employee, most bosses are pretty nice about giving you vacation time (unpaid of course).I've never felt disrespected or treated as just a useless assistant by superiors regardless of being an intern. Super laid back, very casual dress code, summer fridays, and overall a fun place to work.

Cons

While it is a very friendly place overall, it can get a little cliquey in some departments. No discount for interns, and there seems to be very little opportunity for growth. I only know of one or two interns who landed full time positions.

Advice to Management

Offer discounts for interns, provide more growth opportunity.

8. "Great Place to Learn"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Movado Group as an intern

Pros

I worked here as an intern in a few different sessions. The team was very professional but fun. I was given a lot of opportunties I never thought I would get as an intern. It was an eye opening experience into the luxury industry and defintely grew my love of watches! And the internship was paid!

Cons

I would have enjoyed a little more structure to the program, but I think interns were new to the department. Some of the meetings were more just to be there and watch, rather than actually participate in.

Advice to Management

Use the interns as a "bench" to bring into the company fully time.

9. "good"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Movado Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team work and friendly

Cons

promote more from within the organisation. Make job opportunities within the company more transparent to existing employees.

Advice to Management

promotion from within

10. "Great Company"

Pros

Awesome People, great opportunity and good management

Cons

Dull Environment but everything else is good