Move Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Move CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good for a high tech company (in 13 reviews)

• Friendly casual work environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has an agenda and is not open to debate (in 12 reviews)

• Promised a book of business, but in training was told we would be doing only outbound calling (in 6 reviews)

1. "You pay yourself what you're worth in sales."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to put your best foot forward and help your clients. The money is here and I see lot's of growth opportunity.

Cons

They serve too much food so if you're tying to diet, good luck! On a serious note, I haven't had to clock in at a job for a very long time. I'm capable of managing my time but I see why this is necessary in some cases.

Advice to Management

Show more enthusiasm for the reps successes. We feed off of praise and appreciation. We all have the desire to win and keep winning...so cheer us on. Would also be nice to allow the AE's to plan their own day by getting rid of the hourly pay, provide a salary and a time frame that makes sense. ie..5AM - 7PM.

"Don't even think about it!! Upper management is haitfull"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No real pros. Just the base salary training bonus and benefits. It sounded real good in training but that's it.

Cons

Too many too list.!! It's a revolving door. They promise you heaven deliver hell. Many hours of work. Manager is a major power hungry low life!!! Constant treats! Worse place I've ever worked for by far......

Advice to Management

Retire you old hag!

3. "Roller Coaster"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be financially beneficial if you put in the work

Cons

Management, too corporate, commission cuts, good luck lasting 6+ months. Upper management also plays favorites to a select few employees. The commission structures change consistently setting up unrealistic expectations and one of the processors is dating an AE who is terrible at sales but a top producer due to being spoonfed. Management knows about corruption in this workplace and chooses to sweep it under the rug.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees, the director needs to stop sending emails in ALL CAPS and show a little leadership. Don't encourage people to take drugs during an "all hands" sales meeting, either. The end.

4. "Great Place to work in Real Estate"

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, pay, spiffs, benefits, atmosphere.

Cons

traffic on the 101 can be like the 405 some days.

Advice to Management

pay spiffs out more often, we survive on these!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, 2 weeks of decent training, co-workers.

Cons

Extremely unrealistic sales expectations. New account executives inherit a book of business that has been through the hands of many prior employees that didn't succeed. I worked in the Scottsdale location but management seemed to be controlled by what management in California dictated. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone. I saw them fire one great salesperson after another. While I was there they would hire about 12 new account executives every 2-3 weeks and maybe 2 would still be there 4 months later.

6. "Someone should do an undercover boss segment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I worked at Move full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work remotely, get to hear about other divisions, culture was exciting for the first 7 years with some great talent that was willing to mentor

Cons

As those in management that had a vision & excitement of success started leaving or being later off, moral was low & the kept those in management that had nowhere else to go. Top management didn't care or knew what was going on.

Advice to Management

No advice, they layed off all employees under management and kept management.

7. "New Employee - Loving it"

Current Employee - New Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - New Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is really competitive - the best ramp up pay period in the industry by far. You are even given a book of business when you start so you can really hit the ground running. I'm off to a solid start and hoping to work here a long time!

Cons

I'm not sure if I;ve been here long enough just yet to assess the cons. However, I think that the building itself could use another facelift. As petty as it sounds, it's true.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the positive onboarding experience and for the leadership involvement in getting us on the sales floor and getting us the coaching necessary to feel comfortable and ready for success.

Dec 7, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your review. We are committed to ensuring that our new employees have an onboarding experience that is second to none. Glad to hear that it is working and welcome to realtor.com!

8. "Great Money"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

Pros

Great money and contests. Training is very well done prior to starting and throughout job.

Cons

Terrible boiler room and high stress environment. Management does not appreciate staff and high turn over.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect and support them, do not use them to scapegoat for your own mistakes.

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Sales is a very stressful job and I can assure you that our sales team is appreciated and supported. I am sorry to hear you did not feel this way. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would... More

9. "Good place to work. Good Compensation."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Move is a good place to work. There is tons of opportunity given to all sales employees that are willing to operate within the rules. The leadership wants you to succeed (helps that they succeed if you succeed). They train each morning and each afternoon. They do a good job keeping all sales people apprised of newest products and offerings.

Cons

You must be willing to trust leadership and be willing to work within the guidelines. They work, though. So keep selling how they tell you to.

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Our sales team is the heart of our company. I can't say enough great things about the leadership team and the fantastic account executives!

"A real dissapointment"

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainers and Inside Sales Manager will do the best they can to help.

Cons

From a commmission earnings standpoint this company is the absolute worst I've ever encountered.. Good luck after that 5 percent payout dries up new hires.

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter..

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

I read every Glassdoor post because it is important to me to know what our employees think about working at Move. Please give me a call or shoot me an email; I’d like to hear what you have to say.