Move Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Move CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology, lot of growth opportunities, excellent work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment with knowledgeable co-workers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management changes hands a lot (in 7 reviews)

• Typical call center/customer service mess (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work in Real Estate"

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, pay, spiffs, benefits, atmosphere.

Cons

traffic on the 101 can be like the 405 some days.

Advice to Management

pay spiffs out more often, we survive on these!

2. "New Employee - Loving it"

Current Employee - New Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - New Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is really competitive - the best ramp up pay period in the industry by far. You are even given a book of business when you start so you can really hit the ground running. I'm off to a solid start and hoping to work here a long time!

Cons

I'm not sure if I;ve been here long enough just yet to assess the cons. However, I think that the building itself could use another facelift. As petty as it sounds, it's true.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the positive onboarding experience and for the leadership involvement in getting us on the sales floor and getting us the coaching necessary to feel comfortable and ready for success.

Dec 7, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your review. We are committed to ensuring that our new employees have an onboarding experience that is second to none. Glad to hear that it is working and welcome to realtor.com!

3. "Great Money"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

Pros

Great money and contests. Training is very well done prior to starting and throughout job.

Cons

Terrible boiler room and high stress environment. Management does not appreciate staff and high turn over.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect and support them, do not use them to scapegoat for your own mistakes.

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Sales is a very stressful job and I can assure you that our sales team is appreciated and supported. I am sorry to hear you did not feel this way. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would ... More

5. "Good place to work. Good Compensation."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Move is a good place to work. There is tons of opportunity given to all sales employees that are willing to operate within the rules. The leadership wants you to succeed (helps that they succeed if you succeed). They train each morning and each afternoon. They do a good job keeping all sales people apprised of newest products and offerings.

Cons

You must be willing to trust leadership and be willing to work within the guidelines. They work, though. So keep selling how they tell you to.

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Our sales team is the heart of our company. I can't say enough great things about the leadership team and the fantastic account executives!

"A real dissapointment"

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trainers and Inside Sales Manager will do the best they can to help.

Cons

From a commmission earnings standpoint this company is the absolute worst I've ever encountered.. Good luck after that 5 percent payout dries up new hires.

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter..

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

I read every Glassdoor post because it is important to me to know what our employees think about working at Move. Please give me a call or shoot me an email; I’d like to hear what you have to say.

7. "Account Exectuive"

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Atmosphere, Opportunity, Work Environment, Management. Fantastic company to work for! Wouldnt be here for over 10 years if I didnt love coming in every single day. Personal success directly related to the training Ive received personally from the likes of Kelly Evans, Adrian Matthews, Leo Jay, and Bill Sperry!

Cons

I cant think of any

"Decent Company. Ideal for people who are all about money."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a high pressure environment that will test your abilities as a salesperson all the time. Numerous opportunities to learn from on the job training.

If you are all about commissions and ready to work weekends and extra hours everyday its an ideal place to be. As honestly there is money to be made!

Trainers and managers are usually helpful and nice.

Cons

My work life balance was severely hampered.

And there were a lot of unnecessary process and product related stress that should be taken care of soon.

Advice to Management

Please talk to your employees and team members with empathy. If you can keep them motivated sales will happen automatically. Basic rules of business.

Jul 24, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your feedback. We are always looking to improve and your advice will help us ensure that our employees are positioned for success.

"Life is what you make it"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay
    Environment allows you to be you more than other jobs
    Constant training
    Ability to compete
    Daily challenges individually especially mentally

Cons

This is not a job where they sell you that things are easy an you'll make a lot of money. You will work harder than you've ever worked, you'll be pushed outside of your comfort zone an asked to be VERY comfortable with change. I doubled what I made last year an plan on making at least 250k this year but it will take twice the effort

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback, possible build a smaller team with more focused individuals, 25 quality reps. Don't fire others make specific teams (one who concentrates on certain products like top producer/market snap shot) so all company incentives can be reached.

Also different tiers for levels of bounus such as 20 top producers gets you a percent an 30 gets you an additional 1.5 to incentivize the products they want sold

Feb 29, 2016 – EVP, People

Thank you for embracing hard work and being pushed outside your comfort zone. Those are qualities you can’t teach, but they are what separate good companies from great ones. We are always looking to ... More

"Changed my life"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a single mom of two kids Move Inc has allowed me to be very successful. I was very lucky to find this job 8 years ago and never turned back. This job has allowed me to make a very nice life for my kids and I. Very good pay, Benefits, 401K. Great people to work with. Always motivated and always exciting. I am a president's club winner, going on 2 trips - to Cabo San Lucas - staying in a Five Start resort, with my fellow teammates, and significant other. I did not come from a "sales background", but with hard work, I mean hard work and dedication, and a strong belief in our company, it's core values, and all the exciting products we have launched, and will be launching is what it takes to make it here. I have worked longer at Move than any other company I have ever worked for and there is a reason. I believe in this company as much as the company believes in me. We were recently bought by Newscorp, and since then our traffic has sky rocketed. I work here because I like being part of something meaningful, and rewarding.

Cons

I cannot think of a con really. I have been here for a really long time, and find that if you don't work hard, and stay committed, you have cons. But if you do the hard work, this company has no challenge rewarding you greatly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep motivating us.

Feb 1, 2016 – EVP, People

Thank you for the review! I'm so glad you are happy here and that you find working at Move so rewarding. This is an exciting time to be here!

"positive work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for realtor.com (Move, Inc.) for over 8 years. In that time, I have been afforded ample opportunities for growth both professionally and personally. First, I have witnessed positive updates in realtor.com products that have allowed me to excel in my position in sales. The steady leadership has given me the tools I need to succeed. I know each day I will have a lot of sales opportunities, leads and calls. We have upgraded all our sales systems to further facilitate my success. I am even given the chance to work additional hours (if I choose) to exceed my sales goals. I have moved up within the sales organization and am really impressed with the chances for growth within the company. On a personal front, my success at realtor.com has allowed my wife to stay home with our two kids. I owe a personal debt of gratitude for the employment opportunity I walked into 8 years ago.

positive work environment, opportunity for growth, good leadership, good location, onsite gym, snacks

Cons

It's a very fast-paced work environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Feb 29, 2016 – EVP, People

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy coming to work every day and that we are creating an environment that offers you the opportunity for continued advancement and success. Thanks for being a part of ... More