Move Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Move CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology, lot of growth opportunities, excellent work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I am surrounded by so many great people that have an interest in your growth, and the culture is hard working but a lot of fun (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management changes hands a lot (in 7 reviews)

• Typical call center/customer service mess (in 6 reviews)

1. "Very Good"

Pros

Amazing mid size company to work

Cons

i do not see any cons

"The one place where the harder you work the more you make."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By far the best company I have ever worked at. It is not easy, but great things never are. Working here in a fast paced environment, alongside daily coaching initiatives have bred some of the strongest sales associates in the industry. The money is real. I enjoy every day I work here. If you have a good work ethic, and you are on of those sales professionals who have thought, I wish I worked for a place where I can grow my own book of business nurture clients, and make a nice living for myself, this is the place. Many companies you work for, you can make the same in year 10 as year one, here you can grow and grow and grow your income year after year. This is a place for Top Sales Professionals who enjoy a call center environment. This is a place where you can be competitive. We do hold Sales Pros to high standards, at at the same time the Sales Professionals also reap the reward in compensation. Our training is top notch, and our ramp up period id sufficient for success. The output here matches the income. Everyone from the executive team down is hyper-invested in employees. Compensation, benefits, and overall corporate culture are wonderful, as well as the ability to grow within the company. If you have strong work ethics, and love being in sales, working here can be life changing. This is the job you wants as a career sales associate.

Cons

Sales is a tough job. You must bring your A game. A con for some is you have to be okay with change, and stay checked in. You can become your own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the environment where your team can grow, where they can afford to do the things they only dreamed of before they started working here, and never stop pushing. Our lack of complacency is what drives us to outsell, outperform, and help those whom we are serving and selling.

3. "qa"

I have been working at Move full-time

Pros

Friendly people nice space kitchen

Cons

To any processes, not desired salary

"Company On The Rise! Great Experience And Evolving Culture (For The Better)"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at realtor.com for just under a year and the experience has been great. The marketing team has grown quite a bit, and our CMO has done a great job to help ensure that our marketing efforts across channels continue to raise the bar. It is clear that the organization values building a sustainable, healthy company culture.

Cons

The company always presents challenging work and interesting projects - this can be a turnoff to those who want an easy ride. But for self-starters who are serious about doing great work and working on interesting projects, realtor.com is a great place to build your career.

Advice to Management

Remain committed to recruiting and bringing the best talent into the organization! Great people want to work with other great people, and it will take the best talent to help realtor.com meet and exceed goals for years to come.

6. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. The benefits are fabulous, management is professional, and work environment is fun.

Cons

As with all companies who are involved in the acquisition of other companies, there are some organization and communication issues between departments.

Advice to Management

Better organization between departments, less overlap of responsibilities, a clearer organization map for all employees.

7. "Respects Innovation"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some teams have an upward thrust for innovation, having a start-up-like environment. The workspace is well designed and I see many employee-friendly managers. It's a big relief for me compared to my older companies which treat employees like resources or tools to produce higher billing. I love this company even though I got offers from big wigs after joining this company, I very much love to stick with Move for a longer time.

Cons

Inter-team communications and the conversion of a great idea/model to a product/feature is very slow; I feel the process is still not there.

Advice to Management

The company is moving in the right direction. Add more training to the employees time. Put an inter-team communication in place.

"Vice President, Engineering & Technology"

Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering & Technology in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Engineering & Technology in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Move (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mid sized company with a Startup culture. Great Technology, tools and leadership. Great learning ground for engineers and management at all levels. Taking risks and courage are rewarded. Open culture. Company that is growing in leaps and bounds.

Cons

Expect to step up during crunch time - very much like a startup. If you are looking for 9-5 not the place for you.

9. "Solid company with great culture"

Current Employee - Vice President in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Passionate & competitive yet very collaborative team. Lot of drive and ambition at various levels of the organization. Really good culture.

Cons

Long term compensation at more senior levels below market.

10. "Great company to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

I've been working here for almost 3 years and the company has gone through a lot of changes in the past 2 years. And it's getting better and better! The leadership is really strong and has great vision where the company is heading. Very talented people working collaboratively. It's a great place to learn and grow!

Cons

It's not as fancy or high pay as Facebook or Google, but definitely offers great opportunities and a good work/life balance.

11. "Steady improvement over the past 3 years..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have witnessed many changes within the company over the past three years I have worked here, largely due to the acquisition which took place in November 2014. The strides made to become more competitive in the industry and become more of a household name are noteworthy, but we still have a long way to go. I'm happy to be a part of this challenge and assisting with putting our best foot forward in putting our competitors behind us.

Cons

Innovation is slow still. Hoping with new GTM team we can move fast and break out of the slow moving shell.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on employees worth.