Move Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ | Glassdoor

3.5
Move CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good for a high tech company (in 13 reviews)

• Friendly casual work environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Promised a book of business, but in training was told we would be doing only outbound calling (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management has an agenda and is not open to debate (in 10 reviews)

1. "All in all a good small company that has a big company backing it."

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great work/home life balance. Great Coffee machine, makes latte, espresso, etc.

Cons

I have yet to experience a negative downside to this, unless u count my commute. But that isn't relavent

Advice to Management

I would say to beef up the training

2. "Roller Coaster"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be financially beneficial if you put in the work

Cons

Management, too corporate, commission cuts, good luck lasting 6+ months. Upper management also plays favorites to a select few employees. The commission structures change consistently setting up unrealistic expectations and one of the processors is dating an AE who is terrible at sales but a top producer due to being spoonfed. Management knows about corruption in this workplace and chooses to sweep it under the rug.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees, the director needs to stop sending emails in ALL CAPS and show a little leadership. Don't encourage people to take drugs during an "all hands" sales meeting, either. The end.

"13 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Loads of benefits, lunches, snacks etc. The people are great and the location is nice.

Cons

It's hot in the summer!

4. "Na"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and flexible hours.

Cons

The office is very divided and it seems that only the sales people are recognized for the work they do. Talking to your co-workers is frowned on.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, 2 weeks of decent training, co-workers.

Cons

Extremely unrealistic sales expectations. New account executives inherit a book of business that has been through the hands of many prior employees that didn't succeed. I worked in the Scottsdale location but management seemed to be controlled by what management in California dictated. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone. I saw them fire one great salesperson after another. While I was there they would hire about 12 new account executives every 2-3 weeks and maybe 2 would still be there 4 months later.

"The one place where the harder you work the more you make."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By far the best company I have ever worked at. It is not easy, but great things never are. Working here in a fast paced environment, alongside daily coaching initiatives have bred some of the strongest sales associates in the industry. The money is real. I enjoy every day I work here. If you have a good work ethic, and you are on of those sales professionals who have thought, I wish I worked for a place where I can grow my own book of business nurture clients, and make a nice living for myself, this is the place. Many companies you work for, you can make the same in year 10 as year one, here you can grow and grow and grow your income year after year. This is a place for Top Sales Professionals who enjoy a call center environment. This is a place where you can be competitive. We do hold Sales Pros to high standards, at at the same time the Sales Professionals also reap the reward in compensation. Our training is top notch, and our ramp up period id sufficient for success. The output here matches the income. Everyone from the executive team down is hyper-invested in employees. Compensation, benefits, and overall corporate culture are wonderful, as well as the ability to grow within the company. If you have strong work ethics, and love being in sales, working here can be life changing. This is the job you wants as a career sales associate.

Cons

Sales is a tough job. You must bring your A game. A con for some is you have to be okay with change, and stay checked in. You can become your own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the environment where your team can grow, where they can afford to do the things they only dreamed of before they started working here, and never stop pushing. Our lack of complacency is what drives us to outsell, outperform, and help those whom we are serving and selling.

"Good Support Environment, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Top Producer Support in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Top Producer Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great support team for the Top Producer group that answers almost all questions quickly.

Cons

Management often ignored or was completely unaware of problems going on with either the systems or with conditions in the work environment. They often demonstrated they were not the people to go to for any sort of questions or concerns, as they frequently said, "I am not sure, I'm not the person to talk to about that," when it was clearly relevant to them.

Advice to Management

Don't hire career managers, promote from within. Have your managers know what it is like to do the job they are managing.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support from the supervisors. A company that truly cares about their employees. Great company!

Cons

Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Sophia is a true asset to the company. You can't find a better supervisor that is honest and caring. She truly cares about her employees and the company. The group outings are a blast.
    It's nice to work at a company that cares all the way up to our amazing sales director, she will stop what she's doing to help if needed.

Move Response

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your feedback, and way to go Sophia! These are the qualities we look for in our leaders.

"Customer Care"

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The overall atmosphere at realtor.com® is very lively. The staff members at realtor.com® are very friendly, team oriented and always willing to help one another. The management here is over the top! The Managers do everything in their power to ensure you are succeeding. Their guidance and training is very clear and easy to understanding, making your job that much easier and fun. Though it is a call center, they do a terrific job at making the experience much different from any other customer service position I have been in. The fun training sessions and team work makes you feel as if you are part of a family, not at work.

If you enjoy a social atmosphere, loving helping others, problem solving and enjoy being part of a family, I would highly recommend working at realtor.com®.

Cons

Though it is a call center and you expect to be dealing with frustrated people and upset customers it never seems to be a con as most of the customers you speak with make you feel as if you are making a difference by helping them out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Please don't change.

"Best Career Move!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a newly graduate with two children , Move has allowed me to be successful. Not just in the work environment but at home with my kids. My kids are able to see how hard work and dedication can really pay off

I was hired on as a customer service representative and worked my way up to a leadership position.
    There is always room for growth here and we have a management team that is very supportive and constantly motivating you to be the best you can be. The benefits are excellent, you can not beat the work hours and pay is great! I have been able to maintain a successful career and still have quality time with my kids. Not to mention the culture alone will make you never want to miss a day at work. Your co workers are like family and push to be the best you can be!

When I accepted the position in 2012, it was the best career decision I have made and have had no regrets since then! Move is a company that really stands behind hard work pay off!!!

Cons

none that come to mind

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and develop the top talent!

Move Response

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

I’m thrilled that you’ve had such a positive, rewarding experience at our company. We mean it when we say people are our No. 1 priority, and your story reinforces this. Thanks for sharing it and... More