Move Reviews in Scottsdale, AZ | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Move CEO Ryan OHara
Ryan OHara

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology, lot of growth opportunities, excellent work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I am surrounded by so many great people that have an interest in your growth, and the culture is hard working but a lot of fun (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management changes hands a lot (in 7 reviews)

• Typical call center/customer service mess (in 6 reviews)

"The one place where the harder you work the more you make."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By far the best company I have ever worked at. It is not easy, but great things never are. Working here in a fast paced environment, alongside daily coaching initiatives have bred some of the strongest sales associates in the industry. The money is real. I enjoy every day I work here. If you have a good work ethic, and you are on of those sales professionals who have thought, I wish I worked for a place where I can grow my own book of business nurture clients, and make a nice living for myself, this is the place. Many companies you work for, you can make the same in year 10 as year one, here you can grow and grow and grow your income year after year. This is a place for Top Sales Professionals who enjoy a call center environment. This is a place where you can be competitive. We do hold Sales Pros to high standards, at at the same time the Sales Professionals also reap the reward in compensation. Our training is top notch, and our ramp up period id sufficient for success. The output here matches the income. Everyone from the executive team down is hyper-invested in employees. Compensation, benefits, and overall corporate culture are wonderful, as well as the ability to grow within the company. If you have strong work ethics, and love being in sales, working here can be life changing. This is the job you wants as a career sales associate.

Cons

Sales is a tough job. You must bring your A game. A con for some is you have to be okay with change, and stay checked in. You can become your own worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the environment where your team can grow, where they can afford to do the things they only dreamed of before they started working here, and never stop pushing. Our lack of complacency is what drives us to outsell, outperform, and help those whom we are serving and selling.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support from the supervisors. A company that truly cares about their employees. Great company!

Cons

Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Sophia is a true asset to the company. You can't find a better supervisor that is honest and caring. She truly cares about her employees and the company. The group outings are a blast.
    It's nice to work at a company that cares all the way up to our amazing sales director, she will stop what she's doing to help if needed.

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your feedback, and way to go Sophia! These are the qualities we look for in our leaders.

"Best Career Move!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a newly graduate with two children , Move has allowed me to be successful. Not just in the work environment but at home with my kids. My kids are able to see how hard work and dedication can really pay off

I was hired on as a customer service representative and worked my way up to a leadership position.
    There is always room for growth here and we have a management team that is very supportive and constantly motivating you to be the best you can be. The benefits are excellent, you can not beat the work hours and pay is great! I have been able to maintain a successful career and still have quality time with my kids. Not to mention the culture alone will make you never want to miss a day at work. Your co workers are like family and push to be the best you can be!

When I accepted the position in 2012, it was the best career decision I have made and have had no regrets since then! Move is a company that really stands behind hard work pay off!!!

Cons

none that come to mind

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and develop the top talent!

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

I’m thrilled that you’ve had such a positive, rewarding experience at our company. We mean it when we say people are our No. 1 priority, and your story reinforces this. Thanks for sharing it and ... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people with good intentions

Cons

Too afraid to rock the boat and do the right thing , get rid of the deadwood, too many people have been there far too long that are only there to collect a pay check, they don't have the company's best interest in mind, you don't keep employees that don't affect change.

Advice to Management

See above and rinse and repeat

Nov 5, 2016 – EVP, People

One of our priorities is to build a culture that encourages open and honest feedback so we appreciate your feedback.

"Sales Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move (Less than a year)

Pros

We have a management team that is truly dedicated to our success. The opportunity to make a lot of money is here; and we have the training and support necessary to help us reach our goals. Management is always the first one in the door and the last one out - knowing that I have a support team working this hard for me is motivating.

Cons

Like any place of employment, we run into Account Executives that join the team, who show up late to work, leave early, don't pay attention in the training's, and are not really here to make the money we have the potential to make - these Account Executives are normally the ones to blame others for their failure in attempt to create a negative environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your dedication shows and is appreciated by the entire sales floor more than you know.

Jul 24, 2016 – EVP, People

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your support and dedication to making our company the best it can be.

"Decent Company. Ideal for people who are all about money."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a high pressure environment that will test your abilities as a salesperson all the time. Numerous opportunities to learn from on the job training.

If you are all about commissions and ready to work weekends and extra hours everyday its an ideal place to be. As honestly there is money to be made!

Trainers and managers are usually helpful and nice.

Cons

My work life balance was severely hampered.

And there were a lot of unnecessary process and product related stress that should be taken care of soon.

Advice to Management

Please talk to your employees and team members with empathy. If you can keep them motivated sales will happen automatically. Basic rules of business.

Jul 24, 2016 – EVP, People

Thanks for your feedback. We are always looking to improve and your advice will help us ensure that our employees are positioned for success.

"stay away"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

basic pay and benefits, that's it !!!

Cons

every month moving sales goals, where only 5% of the work force will hit there target goals.
    3 months in a row of not hitting your goals and out you go.
    you have been warned , stay away if you want job security.
    the management will be- little you every day and shout at you like a school kid.

Advice to Management

get a life the sales force is not for you to get new cars and new swimming pools

Jul 24, 2016 – EVP, People

Thank you for your feedback. We take reviews seriously and use them to continuously improve our work environment.

"Horrifying"

Former Employee - Acct Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Acct Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is none, they expect you to hit the same numbers as acct execs that have been there over a year. Its ridiculous the business practice management tells u use.

Cons

The sales coaches encourage acct execs to lie to agents just to get a sale, sell them the product that they dont want. They arent coaches, they dont care if u are hitting quota until they fire u. I wish that place drug tested then nobody would work there.

Advice to Management

Get a new manager thats not bias and racist. They fired all blacks, Hispanics that truly speak spanish and are an asset to the company.

Jul 24, 2016 – EVP, People

As someone who looks forward to reading Glassdoor reviews and views them as a valuable learning tool, I was very disappointed to read your review. Our company is committed to fostering, cultivating ... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very High Paying Job if you put in effort & stay focused
    The Scottsdale location promoted the correct person as their new sales manager
    Realtor.com is a good sales experience overall because it will teach you how to truly dig in deep & work your tail off.
    If you lack a personal life, have a very stress free world outside of work, and can handle pressure well then Realtor.com is a good place for you to work as it will surely pay the bills, and allow you to live a life that most Americans will never have the change to experience. Just make sure you are in a good place mentally and physically before you start because this job is high pressure, high stress, and has a very low level of intrinsic reward, lacks a team type atmosphere, changes its tune often, and tends to wear people out within 6-12 months.
    If you are fresh out of college or under 25 DEFINITELY apply as this company will help put hair on your chest & open your eyes to what the real world outside of college is like.
    Management was sensitive to a personal situation I had to deal with while I worked there because I let them know what was going on before they hired me.

Cons

Unfortunately this company puts too much pressure on their sales staff. I understand that sales is hard, takes extreme determination, and a laser focus, however, certain people who are in high management positions do not care enough about the employees. In addition to that I felt as though the sales staff got very little expect when in fact they are the lifeblood of this company & are the key to Realtor.com ever having a chance to be in the same league as Zillow. Due to this many of the people working there just wish they could be somewhere else. Why did I & do they stay? Well... It is hard to leave a job that pays the bottom level salespeople $6,000/mo, mid level staffers $7,500 a month, 2nd tier people around $9,000 - $10,000 monthly, and top tier employees upwards of $15,000 - $20,000. Eventually most of the 2nd tier & top tier employees end up leaving or being chased out after their goals become unattainable & illogical or they just get burnt out.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you & not just the goals you thrust upon them
    Lose the passive aggressive approach to management (Not everyone)
    Actually listen to employees & take what they say into consideration because it is hard to justify certain things & stand up for a company that is not living up to its promises to clients
    Try to improve the moral of the staff, work to make people enjoy their job, and use your skills to enhance the sales people's skills os they can achieve their goals, feel like they are a part of something not apart from everything, and believe in the company they work for.

Mar 29, 2016 – EVP, People

Our sales staff is vital to our success and we are constantly working to provide the environment and leadership required to foster the growth of our sales teams. Sales goals certainly fluctuate based ... More

11. "Tough gig, but a money maker for sure"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ridiculous amounts of money to be earned.

Cons

VERY stressful environment & somewhat unrealistic daily metrics.

Apr 29, 2016 – EVP, People

Thank you for your review. As you point out, Sales can be stressful, and perhaps not for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our employees are positioned for success by offering opportunities ... More