Movement Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Casey Crawford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will not find a better company then Movement Mortgage (in 27 reviews)

• This company preaches about being a leader in the industry and being a Movement of Change (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No Cons its getting better every month (in 16 reviews)

• You get the occasional rushes that don't need to be rushed from Loan Officers but nothing to where you feel miserable by the end of the day (in 12 reviews)

"Not many companies like Movement"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Movement Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They prioritize God. We have a chief pastoral officer and our values come from the bible (love and value people)
    -Fun culture. We meet every Friday for a hilarious & informative meeting. We celebrate each other's accomplishments and compete in every possible way.
    -Great family environment! I've seen so many husband and wife duos working together, uncles, cousins, etc.
    -Fast internet! I must highlight this as a PRO as so many companies cheap out on the internet and nothing is more frustrating than being on the phone with a client and waiting on a slow connection.
    -Lots of opportunity to move up in the company. They accept applicants with no experience and train them to be mortgage professionals who can step into a career path they never thought possible.
    -Invests in the community. Movement launched constructed & launched its own charter school in one of the worst areas of Charlotte, NC. They started the Movement Foundation which owns a farm in Uganda to help the poor. Never have I seen a company actively invest their time and resources into making their community and the world a better place.

Cons

-Loan Officer's are assigned versus workload being leveled out. If you get stuck with non-producing loan officers or those who don't adhere to the 6/7/1 process then you won't have as much opportunity as those who have the top producing loan officers to make incentive.
    -The benefits aren't as good as similar Mortgage companies of this size. The premium for being single is average but the cost of adding a spouse or dependent onto your plan is astronomical. I could not afford to have my spouse added on. The deductible also is a little on the high side - I feel like this is an area Movement could improve on to love and value us by loving and valuing our spouses and dependents.

Advice to Management

I've seen a lot of reviews about poor management here. My experience has been a good one so far. I am able to walk up to any level of management in the building and discuss a problem to find a solution versus being blocked by a hierarchy chain of command.

My only piece of advice is when a loan officer is not performing to standard and blaming their processor for their bad performance don't immediately accommodate them. I've seen that if they complain the answer is to accommodate by transferring them to another processor several times to build up a case that they have been through enough processor's and still are underperforming. This wastes a lot of time and kills morale on a team by beating around the bush versus addressing the problem in a more direct manner with the loan officer.

"Steadily declining"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Movement Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very strong on 401k

Cons

Horrible medical benefits- to expensive
    Horrible pay some people make $12 an hour while others make $24 for same position.
    Becoming more political of who you know.
    Lo is god and will always be right

Advice to Management

Instead of spending money on trips when training new lo’s save that money and bring them back in two months for a follow up. Re visit bonus as lo don’t care about 7 days process as long as file funds before eom

Oct 17, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to love and value each of our employees, while creating an environment of growth and development. Perhaps a one-on-one with your manager will help alleviate... More

3. "Inside Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Support in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Support in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Movement Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team to work with. Good culture

Cons

None at the present moment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Oct 11, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your kind words!

"Culture good, managment bad"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Movement Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for, preach culture, and value. Fresh fruit, and breakfast every Friday.

Cons

poor management, and micro-managing makes for a toxic environment. Very one sided towards sales, if a mistake is made by them it is overlooked, blames OPS for almost everything.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the Micro-managing, make sure sales understands the entire process.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. Developing high quality leaders is very important to us and we will remember your comments as we continuously grow and improve!

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Providence, RI

I worked at Movement Mortgage (Less than a year)

Pros

Performance compensation is very well structured.

Cons

The platform can be hard to use.

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback! As we grow, we are always looking for ways to improve. Good luck to you in the future.

"Loan officer assistant"

Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant
    Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant

I have been working at Movement Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fast process, growing company

Cons

Culture of company is not adopted by all branches. Very Loan officer biased. Play favorite and have double standards depending on your role. Implement policies that protect Los but set ops up for failure. Culture is now toxic where you have to document everything to cover your butt.

Advice to Management

Check middle management to make sure they are present and involved rather than letting their cronies run the place.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. As we grow, we are always mindful to develop managers who love and value their team members and consistently implement our culture. We are sorry you feel the way you do... More

"It was a good company to work for. I liked it there liked going to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Movement Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fresh fruit weekly shipped in great team member training

Cons

Sometimes management took filesbworked then and they don't tell you what they did to make it workg

Advice to Management

None

Oct 5, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your time with us. Good luck to you in the future.

"Not a bad company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Movement Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are pretty great, employees are wonderful, lots of fun on the job, like a big family, and they offer a lot of opportunity for growth, and casual attire is nice.

Cons

Management and Communication needs improvement, micro-managing is awful, do not recognize when employees really deserve a promotion or raise, very large company with many departments.

Advice to Management

spend less money on unimportant "perks" and let the employees decide where that money and time could be used. Maybe offer more MM clothing selections at a more reasonable price.

Sep 25, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. As we grow and improve, we welcome the advice of all of our employees. Good luck to you in the future.

9. "Loan Officer"

Pros

great culture, nice people, excellent process

Cons

fast growth creates growing pains

Sep 11, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have you as part of our team and hope you'll continue to bear with our inevitable "growing pains."

"Management is the worst! Stay away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Movement Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company mission statement is inspiring.

Cons

Company mission statement is ignored by the management, all of them ignore it and do their own thing.

Advice to Management

Train management to the culture, fairness, and work ethics that they want their employees to follow.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your comments. As we grow and change, we work hard to stay true to our mission statement and hope it comes through in everything we do. Good luck to you in the future.