KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Movement Mortgage

Engaged Employer

Movement Mortgage

Add a Review

Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated May 27, 2021

Found 156 of over 699 reviews

3.9
Movement Mortgage CEO Casey Crawford (no image)
Casey Crawford

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is great culture there and also they leave you with that 'promise of tomorrow' feel.(in 76 reviews)
  • "I worked with some truly great people who worked towards the same goal of closing loans.(in 48 reviews)
  • "The benefits were great.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Movement Mortgage has great employees.(in 18 reviews)
  • "They have fantastic leadership and support(in 17 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management, and micro(in 35 reviews)
  • "Compensation to the loan officer is below average and support staff has also expressed that pay is low.(in 24 reviews)
  • "They have a good model but it requires a lot of attention to detail and I think their middle managers have failed the company.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Pay is crap and training is horrible.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless as to how to manage.(in 17 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Movement Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Company review

Aug 4, 2016 - Senior Loan Processor in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Movement is a great place to work! It too is an awesome way for the mortgage novice to get a foot in the door if one so inspired to do so. Great culture and platinum!

Cons

Normal government mortgage regulations. Trid ect.

Project Manager

Thanks for your feedback! -Lauren

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for

Feb 13, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and results oriented

Cons

Don't like to communicate over the phone

Continue reading

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you are enjoying our unique culture. Keep up the strong work!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture

Jul 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company really does care about its employees and the community. The culture is amazing and it starts at the top - this is the only company I truly believe the leaders at the top of the house practice what they preach. The company has tons of resources for your financial and physical well being as well as product and skill classes for each and every employee.

Cons

I have read some negative comments about Movement Mortgage and all I can say is that you get what you give. We value hard work, high morals and ethics and we are a sales driven company. This is the mortgage industry - for a company to be successful - you have to be sales focused - and have a high attention to detail, be adaptable to change and have a sense of urgency. People who have an issue with any of these things will not do well at Movement or any mortgage company. this is the industry we have chosen. I have not seen any "cons" in the year I have been here - the mortgage industry not for those who do not want to work hard and move at a very quick pace. Movement is no exception - but the management team works on employee growth and satisfaction every day with tons of recognition. The negative comments are from ex-employees who didn't really get what it is like to work in the mortgage industry. Movement is head and shoulders above any company that I have ever worked.

Talent Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and celebrate all the reasons why you love working at Movement Mortgage. As you know, we exist to love and value people and taking care of our employees is our top priority. Thank you for being a part of all the wonderful things happening at Movement. What we do every day makes a difference and impacts people for good. Excited for what’s ahead. - Ashleigh

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

One of the better mortgage companies

Mar 29, 2022 - Pipeline Manager in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is positive and uplifting. Profits are donated to a non-profit foundation which re-invests money into community. Great support from interior departments

Cons

Benefits are not the best. Mortgage industry as a whole is very volatile. upward mobility can be limited

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at Movement, despite the volatile quality of the industry. Best of luck to you going forward!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

This place keeps getting better

Aug 23, 2016 - Creative Director in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't say enough about the passion and commitment shared by the leadership and community as a whole. I've seen my fair share of companies and organizations who advertise a great culture but behind the scenes it's terrible. Movement Mortgage more than lives up to the hype. It's consistently exciting and challenging. I would highly recommend exploring the opportunities available.

Cons

The company has grown so fast that it's often a challenge to meet all the demands of each department. There is definitely room for improvement in a number of areas but we've proven time and again we are up to the challenge.

Project Manager

We are excited to read your feedback, and are a grateful you feel loved and valued within Movement! Your influence within your department plays a huge role in our success as a company! Excited for what's ahead! -Lauren

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best of the Best

Jun 19, 2015 - Licensed Loan Officer Assistant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is huge on culture and being a Movement of Change. Its not just talk, the company practices what it 'preaches'. I love coming to work everyday and couldn't ask for better people to work with.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work long hours to get the job done, but at the end of the day its all about getting our borrowers into their new homes!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Feb 10, 2021 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Phenomenal culture and sales support

Cons

Difficult to get started (that's the mortgage industry in general though)

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts! Good luck to you in the future!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my job!

Jul 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the mortgage industry because it is always changing and you are always learning something new. Our culture is like no other company and we strive to get our loans closed and keep our borrowers happy.

Cons

There is no paid maternity leave.

Continue reading
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work For

Mar 12, 2017 - Loan Officer Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They're not cheap. They invest in you and have great benefits including 6% 401k match. There is great culture there and also they leave you with that 'promise of tomorrow' feel. They even reimburse you for your cell phone bill every month.

Cons

None that I can think of. Maybe higher performance laptops would be nice and also access to better technology, but I'm not complaining.

Talent Strategist

Our culture is so important to us! Thanks for leaving your review! -Ashleigh

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Sep 16, 2021 - Compensation Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is very bug there and positive

Cons

Can get very busy at times.

Director of Special Projects, Talent

We are happy to hear your are enjoying Movement's unique culture! Keep up the good work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews