KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Movement Mortgage

Engaged Employer

Movement Mortgage

Add a Review

Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews about "loans"

Updated Nov 5, 2020

Found 14 of over 699 reviews

4.0
Movement Mortgage CEO Casey Crawford (no image)
Casey Crawford

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is great culture there and also they leave you with that 'promise of tomorrow' feel.(in 76 reviews)
  • "I worked with some truly great people who worked towards the same goal of closing loans.(in 46 reviews)
  • "The benefits were great.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Movement Mortgage has great employees.(in 19 reviews)
  • "They have fantastic leadership and support(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management, and micro(in 36 reviews)
  • "Compensation to the loan officer is below average and support staff has also expressed that pay is low.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Pay is crap and training is horrible.(in 20 reviews)
  • "They have a good model but it requires a lot of attention to detail and I think their middle managers have failed the company.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless as to how to manage.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Movement Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "loans"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

Oct 12, 2016 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlottesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A real team environment. All departments work together, help one another and do what it takes to help the loan officers get loans closed.

Cons

The company is a Christian company that sometimes puts too much emphasis on religion and the power it can have in positive and the negative.

Project Manager

We are so thankful for your feedback!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don’t do it

Aug 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a big fan of Love Works, an employee funded program to help other employees in need.

Cons

Where to begin? Movement spends a lot of time and money to woo potential hires. But that does not mean they bring on quality people. No matter what is going on at corporate, if you have poor leadership at the branch and market level, you will flounder. It doesn’t matter how atrocious the behavior of the loan officers is, they will not be held accountable. You can report all you want and there will be no changes. Management allows loan officers, even ones who don’t produce to abuse their expense privileges. But if you as an admin need to expense something your boss made you pay for, it’s like pulling teeth to get it approved. And all expensed items come out of the branch P and L. Pay is horrible for non staff. Least competitive in this area. And when you depend on bonus income but no loans are closing you suffer for it. When I finally got fed up and quit, I was threatened by Movement. Blamed for their poor reputation in a new market, and accused of stealing business. They will have general counsel call you to harass you. I was not a loan officer, so had no business to steal. And there were hardly any employees, so no one to recruit. A reputation is earned and be blamed on one person.

12 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry your experience with Movement was not a positive one. It is important to us that each of our employees feel loved and valued, and we will keep your feedback in mind as we grow and improve. Good luck to you in the future.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Movement can still be a great company

Aug 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of good people work there. Team leads are especially helpful, most of them are experienced and well placed. Great idea for how a loan should be processed. Decent insurance package

Cons

Some markets treat their support staff like garbage, even the best markets have two or three lo's that are just huge jerks who will cuss you out, even if Sales made the mistake during initial application. Compensation is all over the board, experienced people making less than new hires with no mortgage industry experience and everything in between. Can be high turnover in some departments. Company bonus structure actually makes you PAY to do loans that miss dates if you're a processor. Example, you closed this loan today due to LO and borrower being uncooperative but the target date was yesterday and the loan funds tomorrow? Too bad! Take $35 from the last loan you actually did make your date from. Normally ending in a wash, or, if you're lucky $10 - $15 net positive. Managers leave the floor so often it's hard to find someone for an answer sometimes. Constant juggling of who is on what teams to the point that Sales never gets comfortable or able to have a stable professional relationship with some of their support staff. This likely contributes to the first point.

4 people found this review helpful

Project Manager

Hey there, wanted to let you know we are thankful for your comments. We are seeking and striving to make improvements and grow together as company, and your voice does not go unheard. -Lauren

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my job!

Jul 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the mortgage industry because it is always changing and you are always learning something new. Our culture is like no other company and we strive to get our loans closed and keep our borrowers happy.

Cons

There is no paid maternity leave.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee

luke warm rating

Apr 17, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The capability to offer many programs, and if you have the proper support staff fast turn times on loans.

Cons

There is a lot nepotism at the company. The company is so driven to be a top 5 company they are giving up hiring quality staff with experience just to have bodies. You have to know it is a faith based company and there is some pressure to participate in their foundation financially.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Branch Manager

Dec 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with some truly great people who worked towards the same goal of closing loans. The benefits were great.

Cons

They have the wrong people in management positions. The regional manager did not "Love and Value People" which is what the company preaches. They have come after people when they left and sued former loan officers to try to induce other people to not leave the company. If you are in the fold you are golden but if not watch out. Management told lies about many members of my team after leaving and soured their name by stating they were fired for fraud which was not the case.

13 people found this review helpful

Project Manager

We appreciate of your review. Know that your words and suggestions helps us implement manager training across our organization. Thanks again for your feedback! -Lauren

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you are looking to be in the mortgage industry this is the company you should be with.

Apr 20, 2018 - Senior Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, they have an amazing process put together that allows them to get loans done faster than any other company I've ever seen. They also truly care about their employees and go the extra mile to be sure your loans get completed and fund on time.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any real drawbacks to this company. I got out of the mortgage business to pursue other interests but if I ever go back it will be with Movement.

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience while at Movement. Good luck to you in the future!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Think Twice before you bite

Aug 6, 2019 - Underwriter in Fort Mill, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like my co workers and immediate managers

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Work loads have doubled since February. Most can't make turn time bonus due to production increases however top management doesn't seem to care. 6 hr turn time on new loans when your pipeline is nearly 200 is unheard of in this industry. It use to be a great company to work for but it seems like the larger our numbers grow the more impersonal and uncaring the place has become. Every loan has become a rush and no one seems to care. The poor people who submit their loans in a timely matter keep getting pushed back because of rushes and it just makes the loans bottle neck .

8 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We love and value all of our employees and definitely realize that our Ops personnel are just as important as our Sales team. We recognize and appreciate all of the work our Ops personnel has done to make these last few months a success and we are working towards making an easier path for everyone.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREATEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR

Apr 21, 2017 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

MM truly cares about us. management will do whatever they can to help us as loan officers to help our clients. MM gives way more then they take and that is such a wonderful thing in this business. I get recruiting calls all the time and I shut them down when I tell them all the great things I have here at MM, then ask them if they want to interview with me because my company is 10 times better. I recommend our company to family members. I have had to refer a few loans out for my family all over the country and never had a problem with even the team members I don't know getting the loan done and my family being 100% satisfied. I enjoy going to work even when the market is slow because MM offers so many avenues to meet new clients and build a relationship with them. You will not find a better company then Movement Mortgage

Cons

I have been with MM for over a year and a half now, I can not think of one bad day or problem so far. NO CONS

Talent Strategist

This is amazing! We love that you love Movement and couldn't be happier to have you a part of our team! So glad to hear that your family had a great experience with us! We love being able to put people into homes! The "Movement of Change" is real! Thank you for submitting your review!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loan Officer

Apr 24, 2018 - Loan Officer in Glastonbury, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros whatsoever.

Cons

Inauthentic management, manager took compensation for the loans I brought in the door, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I experienced workplace bullying by management when I came to them with my concerns. Company will show recruits videos enticing them to join. The videos clearly indicate a 'faith based company'and their mission statement 'we exist to love and value people' couldn't be farther than the truth. This was a devastating realization that I believed the deception. True case of wolves wearing sheep's clothing.

9 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry you did not feel the embrace of our culture while you were here. It is very important to us that each employee feel loved and valued and we will keep your feedback in mind as we move forward. Good luck to you in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews