KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Movement Mortgage

Engaged Employer

Movement Mortgage

Add a Review

Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews about "movement mortgage"

Updated May 12, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 699 of over 700 reviews
4.0
80% Recommend to a Friend
94% Approve of CEO

Found 43 of over 700 reviews

4.0
Movement Mortgage CEO Casey Crawford (no image)
Casey Crawford

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is great culture there and also they leave you with that 'promise of tomorrow' feel.(in 77 reviews)
  • "I worked with some truly great people who worked towards the same goal of closing loans.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are great.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Movement Mortgage has great employees.(in 18 reviews)
  • "They have fantastic leadership and support(in 17 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management, and micro(in 37 reviews)
  • "Compensation to the loan officer is below average and support staff has also expressed that pay is low.(in 30 reviews)
  • "They have a good model but it requires a lot of attention to detail and I think their middle managers have failed the company.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Pay is crap and training is horrible.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless as to how to manage.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Movement Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "movement mortgage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to Work For!

May 12, 2021 - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Hendersonville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Movement Mortgage truly Loves & Values their employees

Cons

none; everything about the company is GREAT!

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words! Thank you for all that you do!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Mar 7, 2021 - Transaction Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and culture. A lot of opportunity within the company.

Cons

Movement Mortgage can improve the connection with upper management and lower level

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is important that we have transparency throughout our organization and that all employees feel that they have access to upper management. We wish you all the best in the future!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful Place!

Jan 16, 2021 - Loan Officer Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I found Movement Mortgage from a friend of mine on Facebook. They completely spoil me. I like to work, and I love what I do. If I ever have an issue with anything, I see my manager on top of it within minutes. They take time to listen when I have something to say, and they have accommodated me with literally everything that I have ever asked for! Could not be happier. My team is the best!

Cons

None! I still can't believe I can e-mail Field Support with Self Employment Income and they get back to me in a day!

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are so glad you are benefitting from great leadership and a supportive team. Happy to have you and keep up the good work!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Make Movement Great Again

Sep 24, 2019 - Disclosure Coordinator in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Movement Mortgage has great employees.

Cons

Movement Mortgage laid off hundreds of employees, reduced the 401k match from 6% to 3.5%. Though, with such competition in the world of Mortgage, they managed to sustain themselves.

10 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your review. While navigating a difficult economic downturn, we had to make some tough decisions that negatively impacted our valued colleagues. As we rebound and regroup, we hope to restore and expand our employee benefits. Best of luck to you in the future.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Movement has so much potential to be a place for a great career, but doesn't steward it well.

Feb 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

good as a stepping stone, Movement Mortgage name looks good on a resume, a lot of the people are great to work with, great work/life balance as far as being able to leave on time in the evenings, free breakfast on Friday mornings, pretty relaxed environment

Cons

no growth opportunity, compensated well under the average in the area for my role, hiring people into roles without training or supporting them, inexperienced leadership, continued learning and career growth has to be self motivated and not supported by budget, hiring outside people instead of giving opportunities to those internally desiring growth, too unstable, unorganized, career potential built on wishful thinking and empty promises but no concrete plan, leadership seeming to always scramble to pick up pieces in order to just make it by instead of proactively laying out a plan to creative positive change and decrease negative issues

9 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback. We value our current and former employees' opinions and try to act on your suggestions as we move forward. Over the past year, we have made a concerted effort to pour into all of our employees - sales and ops alike - to provide personal and professional growth opportunities. We are hopeful that this investment will lead to increased success for our employees, individually and as part of our team. Again, thank you for your feedback and good luck in the future.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Former Loan Processor - You will NOT make a career here!

Oct 5, 2018 - Loan Processor in Indian Land, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Built genuine relationships with some colleagues. However, that speaks more to the character of the people than the company itself. Benefits are decent, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary for a large business. It would be a good company for a recent college grad to start out at while they look for long-term career opportunities elsewhere.

Cons

Horribly underpaid employees with a grotesque and unreasonable "bonus" structure. Limited opportunity for growth, both in job title and compensation. Based on other reviews on this site, it looks like several HR issues go unaddressed/unresolved. I was, unfortunately, part of a very personal sexual harassment investigation while at Movement that, quite honestly, haunts me to this day. The entire "investigation" (if you can even call it that) was wrongfully and unprofessionally handled. Despite several accounts of several women coming forward with blatantly sexual comments made toward them, all from the same individual, HR decided that not only was that not enough to terminate the individual, but that the women had "no right to know how to company was choosing to rectify that employee's behavior." Even the processing manager knew this individual had a history of making comments toward women, yet turned a blind eye and never brought it up to HR. In the end, I had to request to move desks in order to physically be relocated away from the individual. Apparently Movement felt that the individual needed to harass just one more woman before they finally decided to let them go (which is a shame. Why subject one more woman to that kind of treatment when the company already knows the liability that individual is to the company)? Thankfully, I was presented with an opportunity to make more money at a different company, and I made the decision to leave Movement. It sounds like I did that just in time as recently Movement has been laying off hundreds of employees at all of their locations without any notice (all while actively building a second building at their Indian Land, SC location. For what, more employees)? All of that to say: the words "loved" and "valued" aren't exactly what come to mind when I think about my time at Movement Mortgage.

14 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your comprehensive review. We are sorry that your experience at Movement was not a positive one. Our HR team takes harassment allegations very seriously and follows company policies and procedures when investigating all allegations of harassment. With regard to recent lay offs, we regret that difficult business decisions had to be made in this challenging market but are confident that we can move forward in a positive direction. Good luck to you in the future.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Loan Officer

Jun 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Always competing with other Movement Mortgage loan officers.

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your review. We are happy you are enjoying your time with Movement and hopeful that a little healthy competition helps to drive performance and engender respect and camaraderie among LOs.

8. 1.0

Market Leader

May 20, 2018 - Market Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

6% 401k, Upfront Underwriting, They do mission trips & donate proceeds of profit to 3rd world countries. Good job creating positive environment around the holidays in your corporate offices.

Cons

HORRIBLE middle management. I was with Movement Mortgage for 17 months. They unexpectedly showed up with H. R. and closed down my entire market with no notice and no severance pay & closed down 20+ offices in 4 states. OH, KY, IN, MI. Horrible treatment to hard working good people. I understand business decisions, however treating people like that was NOT very Christian like. Why they preach “ to love and value people “ is a complete joke. The Co founders Toby & Casey have no clue how things are run and what’s going on at the branch level. I reported to 3 different National directors in my short tenure. I repeat HORRIBLE MIDDLE MANAGEMENT!! Also the underwriting and processing was about as inexperienced I have ever seen in my 15 years. Sinking ship, beware!!!!

20 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your insightful feedback. As you said, sometimes difficult business decisions have to be made that have negative consequences for individual employees. We are sorry you felt that the process was unsettling. We will keep your constructive criticism in mind as we move forward.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Company

Feb 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Movement Mortgage offers great opportunities to work for yourself while also serving the community around you. Great friends, great culture, Very steady leadership

Cons

Pay is just fine. Very High expectations

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are thriving here at Movement and are happy to have you as part of our team!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Company longevity?

Feb 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired to be part of their team during a very exciting time. Left my previous job of 6 years to be a part of them. They appeared to have a great team and a steadfast culture of youth, growth, and energy.

Cons

However, I was very disappointed by when they laid me off. 3 months in—something was happening behind closed doors and long behold, I was laid off. Suddenly, a whole new branch, building, head quarters opens up and I get to watch the head folks jeer on about their company values, culture, commitment. All fluff and stage presence—for the sacrifice of letting go MANY employees, including myself. I've come in contact with past employees of this place and they have said them selves: movement mortgage has a habit of hiring and firing folks, while the upper level people live their lives; AS SEEN on their culture videos. Beyond all the stage presence of the amazing things that Movement Mortgage does—there is a lot of things that are not being addressed and many employees, past & present—are suffering from it. All I can say is; if you plan to work here, plan to not be there forever because this company needs to get their act together.

10 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your review. We truly love and value all of our employees but sometimes difficult business decisions have to be made. We wish you luck in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews